[Results are out!] Who has empowered you in your life?

1. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Jun 28, 2018

Ruby G., Jun 28, 2018 :
    Giveaway_Forum.png

Hello friends,

Earlier today, we announced a new flagship – the OnePlus 6 Red. It's a device that combines our advancements in glass craftsmanship with our signature color to produce a powerful finish unlike any that we've released before.

A deep red with amber-like depths - this design innovation is one that we think many in our community will appreciate. We're incredibly excited for this release and want to celebrate this achievement with a nice giveaway. Here's how to enter:
    1. Share with us on this thread: who has empowered you to be the person you are today? Feel free to share photos or anecdotes to make your entry stand out. (Entries in English, German, Italian, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Finnish, Danish, or Swedish are welcome.)
    2. Limit one entry per person. Please submit your entry by 10PM EDT on July 9.
    We'll announce the winner for this contest by July 10th. This lucky one will get TWO OnePlus 6 Red devices – one to keep for themselves and an additional one for their hero. Looking forward to reading everyone's entries!

7/10 Update
    Wow. I'm always amazed by the OnePlus community and this time was no exception - the gratitude, the life change, the perseverance to move past incredibly hard moments with the help of loved ones... Reading through your writing and looking at your photos, everyone's story of empowerment is important and meaningful. We could only pick one winner this time, but rest assured we will have more chances like this in the future.

Congratulations to @Zarin1480 as the winner of this time's giveaway!

2. Jaywiseman Honeycomb Jul 2, 2018

Jaywiseman, Jul 2, 2018 :
    my dad has always inspired and pushed me to do my best and continue on no matter what happened.

3. pushpakjain Froyo Jul 2, 2018

pushpakjain, Jul 2, 2018 :
    I'm Inspired From One Plus Taag Line "NEVER SETTLE"
    It gives motivation to me that whatever is situation of life we should NEVER SETTLE AND DO OUR WORK SINCERELY

4. hotsauce KitKat Jul 2, 2018

hotsauce, Jul 2, 2018 :
    The person that empowered me to be the person I am today is my mom. Being a single mother of 3, I learn from her the value of hard work. The value of learning to do things yourself. That life is hard, but it's up to you to rise up out of hardship. She made me the strong independent woman that I am today. From opening up my dryer to change a burned socket to opening up my kitchen sink to fix a clogged, I get all of my can do attitude from my mom.......and youtube videos.

FB_IMG_1530501624778.jpg FB_IMG_1530501866325.jpg

5. OneByOneTwo Froyo Jul 2, 2018

OneByOneTwo, Jul 2, 2018 :
    My father empowered me to be the person I am today. Firstly, he nutured me, through many different lessons that I have learnt; to embrace and move forward. With his accompaniment, I managed to overcome many difficult obstacles in life. This is his motto: Never Give Up. You can succeed. Just believe in yourself. This has truly impacted me on my life; for whatever I do, I will think of that motto.

Secondly, he also taught me to think for others, think in other people's shoes. Never be selfish; the world is not surrounding myself. These words have made me to be compassionate, think for others before I act. With whatever I do, I will think of these lessons that my father have taught me. I feel grateful towards him, the values that he have taught me made me who I am today.

Thirdly, my father is very strict when I was young. He helped me to form the character he wanted to build into me. Whenever I do something wrong, he would give me punishments, which teaches me that the things I do, have their consequences and I have to face the music. Good actions meant good consequences, bad actions meant bad consequences. This has helped me to think carefully of what I do, to prevent getting into trouble.

Next, my father is very motivating. Whenever I have scored badly for my examinations, he would encourage me and helped me to ripe for better results. He does not have highly, impossible expectations for me. He would have a target that I could achieve, so that I would not be so stressed out when studying. This made me understand that being realistic is better.

My father had empowered me, to be the person I am today. Thank you, Father!

6. C1527321750270 Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018

7. Ceasedd Marshmallow Jul 2, 2018

Ceasedd, Jul 2, 2018 :
    Coffee inspires me throughout the day....I like Sir William Penney.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018

8. Android450 Lollipop Jul 2, 2018

Android450, Jul 2, 2018 :
    Slight story I suppose.

A few years back I was in quite the slump, uncertain of what I wanted for my future and who I want to become, or even if I should put in effort into my own education.
    My best friend Stephanie stepped up and showed me what I was unable to see on my own she showed me that I had far greater qualities than I gave myself credit for, she empowered me to really put in the effort to improve myself and my studies I'm thankful for that because of her I've passed all of my courses so far with high marks, and I give my all into everything that I experience :)

9. CortexRipper Eclair Jul 2, 2018

CortexRipper, Jul 2, 2018 :
    Life!
    it has taught us -
    to cry, still, to believe;
    to regret, still to applaud;
    to be alone, still to be thoughtful;
    to be rejected, still to accept;
    to be left hopeless, still to live;
    and most importantly to be happy!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018

10. ri2raj.695 Froyo Jul 2, 2018

ri2raj.695, Jul 2, 2018 :
    My parents! As they have stood by me, always... even if they didnt have for themselves... they tried to provide us ( both ) with the best they could...

11. 9991460566 Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

12. Padala Sandeep Gingerbread Jul 2, 2018

Padala Sandeep, Jul 2, 2018 :
    My Dad and mom is the one who empowered me giving all basics needs, making to know how the outer world will be. Now I am in a position to Serve them to all their needs [e]1f60d[/e].
    Love you both !!

13. cck4836 Donut Jul 2, 2018

cck4836, Jul 2, 2018 :
    all the challenges I have faxed in life has inspired me and made me stronger for any further challenges....

Keith Martineau, meatandy and Ruby G. like this.
  14. Martin_VN Honeycomb Jul 2, 2018

Martin_VN, Jul 2, 2018 :
    J.R.R. Tolkien inspires me - "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us"

15. James Matthew Wells Honeycomb Jul 2, 2018

James Matthew Wells, Jul 2, 2018 :
    I've faced adversity with my health, relationships, work, and finance, but I keep going. I do this because I could have died of a chronic condition years ago, but I survived. There must be a reason I say to myself. That thought continues to push me to be a better man tomorrow than I am today.

16. B1518714288147 Eclair Jul 2, 2018

B1518714288147, Jul 2, 2018 :
    The person who has empower me the most is my dad. Always there to make ends meet. Never giving up and never turning anything down, always seizing new opportunities and just keep on moving forward.

We lived everywhere, from the slums to shop lot houses to low cost apartment and to where we are now. His hard work. He worked overseas, coming in as an immigrant, working wherever work was available, being lied and scammed too. Never once I see a shed of tear. This progress was him written all over.

He always said to me "Whenever you come across a problem, its not the end. problems can be solved". It's simple, its straight forward. Any person could say this but to me, coming from him, those words meant so much more.

His birthday is coming up this July and if I could get the chance to win this, I would gift this to him as a sign of appreciation for all fo the things he did for us.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 11.44.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 11.44.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 11.45.30 AM.png

17. seffbeckett Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

seffbeckett, Jul 2, 2018 :
    1530503482608.jpg
    This is my Dad. Not only has he taught me the little nifty lessons in life (such as changing a car's oil, how to save money, and how to fish), but he's taught me what it's like to be there for your family and how to fight through depression and anxiety. He has empowered me to be my best self.

18. sethisidd Jelly Bean Jul 2, 2018

sethisidd, Jul 2, 2018 :
    I have one person called 'Family' that motivates me and made me who I am.
    My Dad tells me how to be best in managing work, money and keep growing.
    My Mom has always been my emotional side and has given me ability to understand, relish and enjoy the warmth of it.
    My Sis was always the one whom I fought with. I still do, but she has given me an understanding of how to be together, in worst of times and that family matters even when we are fighting.
    It's not been long that I have my wife in my life, but she is the one who evaluates me and gives me an unbiased opinion on anything and everything,(you know how wives are) which surprisingly is correct most of the times.
    All in all, every one in my family has contributed to what I am today and where I am. Adding OnePlus's tag NEVER SETTLE to it, just summarises everything and completes my life.

19. jediandrew97 Eclair Jul 2, 2018

jediandrew97, Jul 2, 2018 :
    Don't expect to win things but here goes...

I was born prematurely and had an initial rough start in life for the first few months my parents especially my dad were there for me. He would would help pay the bills and juggled everything to help me to hopefully prosper and become the person I am today, I feel that as I've gotten older I've started to resemble the ideals he has and I've strived to do right by others and to be there for everyone including my family. Life is not always easy but those who make sacrifices and work hard like my dad and how he and my mom were able to keep cool during my early days was a great thing, I have learned much and have been able to do the things I enjoy and spend time with people that are important. Remember family and friends are everything!

20. F1530504403807 Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

F1530504403807, Jul 2, 2018 :
    My mother is My biggest inspiritaion in life because she was very ill and nearly died because of cancer byt always fought it and said that she was going to come back and luckily she got new lungs and after a half year she got back to work at 100%.