[Results are out!] Who has empowered you in your life?

1. dragneel786 Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

dragneel786, Jul 10, 2018 :
    My pops has been there since day 1 he have made a a strong, loving, independent person and he is a person that pushes my so I can be better than my Old man that is who empowers me to be the person I am today

2. Mendozaisaac Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

3. meatandy Oreo Jul 10, 2018

meatandy, Jul 10, 2018 :
    My wife has empowered me the most to be the person who I am today , however she has done much more than empower me to say the least and deserves more credit than I could ever repay .

Occasionally the simplest form of empowerment comes in the subtlest way that a person may not recognize until after some reflection later , like my example below.

One day I was in the garage trying to repair one of our vehicles in the mid-summer heat which added to my frustration along with some unreachable stubborn bolts, it seemed like I've been working on the repair for hours.
    My wife was busy at the time when she walked by without a word , went back into the house and a few minutes later poked her head out the door and said
    "Honey why don't you come inside for lunch and take a break".
    You see , she knew exactly what was going on,
    after lunch I went back outside to complete the repair with amazing ease within the next thirty minutes .

This little lesson has taught me that sometimes a person needs to step back momentarily before proceeding , looking back on this moment of this spoiled old teenager .

I have used this technique both at home and professional life uncountable times though out the years with many successful outcomes.

Knowing that my wife is private person I cannot in good conscience share her picture openly on the forum but she really would like to replace her tired OPO and her alternately insufficient Samsung j7.

If this post happens to be chosen , Please send the other Red OnePlus6's to the wife of @The1Lion since I already have a shiny new OP6.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018

4. nachi1313 Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

nachi1313, Jul 10, 2018 :
    The person that empowered me to be the person I am today is my mom. I learn from her the value of hard work and honesty.

Ruby G., King Jimenez and meatandy like this.
  5. daniyo12 Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

daniyo12, Jul 10, 2018 :
    The person who has empowered me is my brother. Although we are a decade apart, he has demonstrated to me as a role model, how a mature person should act and always be generous. He has given me countless things and I would really love to give back to him a small fraction of what he has given to me, but as a poor university student, I barely have enough for tuition for myself. He is truly the best brother I could ever have asked for!

6. King Jimenez Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

King Jimenez, Jul 10, 2018 :
    The person who has empowered me is my dad. He went from nothing to something and he taught me to work for what i want. Because of this, i worked to buy myself my first oneplus one ever and i have kept this phone and taken care of it ever since. i still have it to this day and he continues to empower me to keep working harder and harder every day.

Ruby G. and meatandy like this.
  7. Naliniya Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

Naliniya, Jul 10, 2018 :
    My sister is the person who has empowered me to be who I am today. My sister and I have a lot of differences, especially our fifteen year age gap. Due to this age gap, she has not only been my sister but a mother figure, as well. I have learned so much from my sister over the years.

I was only three when we moved to a new country, so it was much harder for my sister to adjust than it was for me. Since I was little, she has shown me to be a strong, independent person and to always keep going despite the obstacles I faced. She had been working three jobs and going to school full time. She never complained about it. Her hard work and motivation have shown me how to see positive things in life. I have seen her go through so much, yet she still remained strong.

Without my sister, I don't think I would have been able to go through life with a positive outlook. She has guided me through the toughest times in my life and continues to do so. She has always stayed by my side and supported things I wanted to do, even if she didn't agree with it. Now that I have gotten older, I am able to relate to her more easily. Because of my sister, I am able to look at things from a different perspective and appreciate the small things in life, and that has shaped who I am today.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018

8. Cashflowlean Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

Cashflowlean, Jul 10, 2018 :
    My step dad is my inspiration! He's the one who got me into technology and gave me tons of knowledge about everything electronics and incouraged me to explore new things

9. BigChunkySalsa Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

10. F_Mehd_Chaudhary_OWCy Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

F_Mehd_Chaudhary_OWCy, Jul 10, 2018 :
    The person who is my biggest impression is my wrestling coaches they always showed me how life would be and how hard its going to get and every time i fall down even how bad it is you would always have your family and friends to pick you up they go extremely during practice they show you that your body has no limt too if you want something and never give up on a dream that you have .

11. ethan1701 Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

ethan1701, Jul 10, 2018 :
    My dad inspired me to be curious about the world and how things work. To be kind to strangers and to lend a helping hand. To respect your elders and to remain a child at heart.

Next month will mark 27 years since his death. While I can't share a second phone with him, I can donate it in his memory to a charity that would make good use of it, and help make the world a better place.

Ruby G. likes this.
  12. gobivims Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

gobivims, Jul 10, 2018 :
    My dad is my HERO and I believe its the same for everybody. My dad has taught me what is life and how to respect and value other person. I always throw smile at others (as my dad do) and it i get it back.. pretty cool..huh..
    He also taught me how to stand for oneself, habit of spend whats left after saving for future, help people in need whenever possible, Respect others no matter how top I'm in the ladder... There are so much to tell about my dad. The point is I'm here because of my parents and i try to give the same to my kids..

Ruby G. likes this.
  13. Deactivated User Jul 10, 2018

14. ledsled Honeycomb Jul 10, 2018

ledsled, Jul 10, 2018 :
    Hero :- "a person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities."

People often have a hero in their lives who inspires critical change in their personalities and plays an instrumental role in what they eventually become.

I have a Hero too.

Except, my "Hero" isn't actually a (good) person.
    Untrusting, untrustworthy, ungrateful, unreliable, manipulative, selfish these are some of the words that I personally use to describe my hero.
    Yet this is the exact person who helped me become the best human being i had ever been.

How?

By a stroke of luck, I had to spend a few years with the person (let's call him Adam). Morals weren't really Adam's strong suit - "better to be selfish than worry about other people".
    But through my time with adam i realized the amount of unhappiness this kind of living can bring. That everything in life is connected and eventually all that unhappiness leads right back to you.

So I decided to be something in my life, and that something was (not him). And by trying to be (not him) , i became the best version of myself.

I kind of find the journey Oneplus similar.
    They've come a long way since they first began, changing themselves in inumerous ways.
    But, even after all that, they're still (not them).

15. Mohammad Adib Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

Mohammad Adib, Jul 10, 2018 :
    God empowers me to be the person I am today.He is the one who give me good parents,good health and wealth.I am content with the wealth I have. Someone may ask,"Why God doesn't give me more than this or that?" The answer is Prophet Mohammad said-“Richness is not in the quantity of possessions (that one has); rather, true richness is the richness of one’s self (or contentment).”And i know this earth is not paradise so I am patient with all the sufferings of this world.God says in the holy Qur'an-"Oh you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer, for God is with those who patiently persevere."
    God says in the holy Qur'an-"And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient."
    Life on this world is a test.No one is perfectly happy.Even the billionaire may not eat the sweets as much as he want due to diabetes.

16. The1Lion Lollipop Jul 10, 2018

The1Lion, Jul 10, 2018 :
    I had to read the whole thing to find out about the tag :D

You are so right about significant others, countless times has the wife done something that may seem so minor to others but is the reason why we feel so lucky to have them ;)

Your gesture is greatly appreciated and hearing your wife is in the same boat as I, I'd feel guilty if I won and didn't share the joy. So we'll do this for the ladies and if I win one will be sent to your better three quarters ;):p

Venky61, Ruby G. and meatandy like this.
  17. ledsled Honeycomb Jul 10, 2018

ledsled, Jul 10, 2018 :
    Really hope i win this, so I can try to make my "Hero" more hero like... One final time

18. meatandy Oreo Jul 10, 2018

meatandy, Jul 10, 2018 :
    That is a very kind gesture on your behalf.:)

19. lsofia16 Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

lsofia16, Jul 10, 2018 :
    It's hard to put into words how my parents have inspired my life. Eleven years ago my dad was diagnosed with a cyst and tumor in his spinal chord. Our lives have had so many changes since then and the biggest and hardest change has been seeing my hero laying down in a bed without being able to walk. However, he still is so strong and has his faith stronger each day. And in this whole situation not only my dad has been so strong, but also my mom has been a rock to our family, she has stepped up to work hard for us to have everything we need. Seeing my parents go through these hard times like it's all easy gives me hope for my own marriage that is about to start. There are still happy couples amidst the hardest times. There are still strong people that can cling to God's will no matter how hard it can be. They have taught me so much without them realizing and they have definitely empowered me to be a leader, to be independent, to be faithful, to be strong and to be hard working. I could not imagine my life without these two heroes I get to call daddy and mami.

meatandy likes this.
  20. Hotdoug Cupcake Jul 10, 2018

Hotdoug, Jul 10, 2018 :
    I'm inspired by missing out on this competition by reading it too late. Looks like my wife won't be getting an OP6 in red for her birthday next week now. I've just had to buy a screen protector for my OP3 as the original is almost 2yr old now and wearing out on the middle, I'll settle with that. Thanks for the thoughtfulness of the competition anyway.