[Results are out!] Who has empowered you in your life?

1. Loubear
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2018

Loubear , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Whilst my family have always taught me the difference between what is right and wrong, it is my amazing wife that as empowered me and made me the man I am today. Having been together for almost 6 years (married 1 year) I have been there to support her through a series of mental health traumas, including the loss of family members. Watching how well she dealt with these issues made me believe that anything is possible, if you put your mind to it. Since those losses, I have actually suffered with mental health issues and as a man, mental health is something that isn't really spoke about. With the support and love of my wife, she has enabled me to talk to friends, family and others about the troubles that I have (and still am) going through. She has also opened up my life to a number of other possibilities and friendships, as well as providing me with the courage and confidence to speak up about how I feel, what I really want and open up more work opportunities. She has empowered me to become a man and I now look forward to the rest of our life together, where we are soon to welcome our first child and start our journey together as mother and father.

(Yes, that is our dog at our wedding and yes, she was our ring bearer)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018

Jhansee and Ruby G. like this.
  2. Slun73
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Slun73 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My father is the most important person in my life and his actitude made me the men that I am today, He is the one that I look up to the most and I won't be as I am right now if it wasn't for him.

Ruby G. likes this.
  3. Mitchel59
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Mitchel59 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My Dad is my biggest inspiration. He has lived alone in UAE away from his family and home in India for 22 years to support us and make us what we are today. He is the perfect and best example of a husband, father, friend and overall human being. Words on this thread will never be enough to describe the love and sacrifices he has made for us. Love him more than infinity

Ruby G. likes this.
  4. Opschor
    Froyo Jul 2, 2018

Opschor , Jul 2, 2018 :
    De wereld, met zijn flora en fauna.

5. Jaskaran209
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Jaskaran209 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My mum has inspired me to become what I am today. My mum and dad originally came from India 35 years ago and had to struggle a lot and sacrifice a lot to give me and my two brothers a good life. She has always given me good teachings and morals in my life which I will use and pass on to my kids one day.

Hashni and Ruby G. like this.
  6. barbara87
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  7. Z1508084920962
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Z1508084920962 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    person who has empowered me most is my dad. My dad has left everything for his children. his native, business everything and shifted to another city for us so that we could have better education, food, clothes. In new city, he built his business from scratch, bought his own house and made our life super comfortable. he did it all alone. today I am in a good position only because of him. hence he deserves the credit

subramaanyam and Ruby G. like this.
  8. YSRReddy
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2018

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018

9. Binny Heimann
    Donut Jul 2, 2018

Binny Heimann , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My grandfather has always been an inspiration to me. He was shipped from Denmark to Sweden at the beginning of the second World War to escape the Germans. He's lived in 4 different countries in his life and always make sure his family is always looked after and cared for. He'll always inspire me care for people

10. iviswanath
    Froyo Jul 2, 2018

iviswanath , Jul 2, 2018 :
    she introduced me to the world and she introduced the world to me by giving birth...My mom. what can I expect other than this.!
    1530537096073.jpg

NMounika and Ruby G. like this.
  11. Reetej Kumar khadka
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2018

Attached Files:

Ruby G. likes this.
  12. I1527716655198
    Eclair Jul 2, 2018

I1527716655198 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My father. His support and lessons. The most important thing he taught me was never choosing easy ways because ease ways never bring success.
    He encourages me to work hard to achieve the goals I have chosen. He is always on my side whatever I have decided to do. Even if he does not agree with my opinion or decision he still supports me.

To achieve great things you need to work great and never settle.

Ruby G. likes this.
  13. JerRV5G
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2018

JerRV5G , Jul 2, 2018 :
    You have inspired me, OnePlus, your slogan (Never Settle) was something I always felt, but didn't know how to express it in words, till your slogan appeard when I first found the OnePlus 3. Now in life I know there's always a way to get what I want if I just
    Never Settle.

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. P1512569276852
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  15. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2018

ShortyEx , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My grandfather, no doubt. I still think of him and what he would say for every important decision I ever make. He was and always will be my best friend and losing him was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with in my life.

Ramesu and Ruby G. like this.
  16. abelet.rx
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

abelet.rx , Jul 2, 2018 :
    A good cafe always inspires me to do more and better!

Ruby G. likes this.
  17. vipul_sethi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2018

vipul_sethi , Jul 2, 2018 :
    When it comes to the person who has empowered me it has always been Mom and Dad and they will be there for me. But other than that i believe My best friend who have helped me through the tough times where i couldn't think straight about what to do.. because somethings you cannot share with your parents but there's always a friend who understands me, guides and motivates me in many ways and i believe he was there for me always whenever i needed help which i was not able to share with my parents.. he is not just a best friend but he is more than that to me .. i consider him as my big brother :)

P.s: I have told him many times to change his phone currently he has Iphone 6 which is not in that good condition. and OnePlus 6 - Red would be great for him as his new smartphone

Good Luck Everyone :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018

Mjo and Ruby G. like this.
  18. R1530537900150
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

R1530537900150 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    my past has empowered me to be a better person..it is because of those horrific experience that I become who IAM today.. it the lessons I learned from my mistakes that made achieve the heights I have achieved today.

Ruby G. likes this.
  19. burnsrowan24
    Eclair Jul 2, 2018

Ruby G. and meatandy like this.
  20. aj167
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

aj167 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    "Just because you find one bad apple doesn't mean you should give up on the whole tree" -Random Quote

I gave up the whole tree because Apple sucks, buy a OnePlus device and never settle for less.

Just a bit of humour, I own a OnePlus 5T, best phone ever. Enjoy OnePlus you lucky winners and have a good day.