[Results are out!] Who has empowered you in your life?

1. Icinko
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Icinko , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Hi i was the most inspired by my the best friend trom my childhood. His name is Peter.

Ruby G. and meatandy like this.
  2. Jacobis20
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Jacobis20 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My twin brother is the brightest light in my life. He has led me through life when i have been too scared or too afraid too act. He has helped me in my rough times and has heightened the habby ones. Both he and i have been quite scared of basically everything but he always took one step more than me and showed me how to take the same step. One funny memory that shows this is when we one day had to go through a dark forest during the night without any lights. I didn't dare to go in but he did for me and held my hand leading me through it. He really has been a beacon of light for me and he still though still annoying at times ;).

Attached Files:

3. Kent Alstrup
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Kent Alstrup , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Hvem har haft den største indflydelse på mig. Helt klart min mor.
    Jeg blev taget fra hende da jeg var 2 år gammel, og endte i Sverige med min far.
    Alle årene, blev gaver og kort fra hende fjernet af min far. Hvorfor ved jeg ikke?
    Jeg fik kontakt til hende efter jeg som 30 årig flyttede tilbage til Danmark, og mødte det varmeste, og skrøbelige væsen jeg har mødt. Første gang kom hun, præcis som “woman in red” i en lidt ældre udgave.
    Lyste op af glæde og udstrålede den varmeste hjertlighed.
    Jeg havde glæden af hende i ca 10 år, indtil canser tog hende fra os.
    Hun nåde at opleve mine fire børn, og havde en afgørende rolle i hvem jeg er og forbliver, og hvem jeg vil være over for mine børn
    Ikke en dag uden hun er i mine tanker.
    Robbi Williams “eternity, og Angel” er sangene til min mor.
    Har egentlig allerede op6 i hvid, men jeg er sikker på min yngste søn gerne vil have opdateret “Far’s op5t” til en op6 red

Ruby G. likes this.
  4. Santpir
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Santpir , Jul 2, 2018 :
    what to say, my mother has always been my inspiration, now that she is not well it's up to me to be near him, as she did when I was in trouble.
    I do not write this to have the phone, you have simply inspired me and I wanted to give a huge thank you to my mother and my father (thanks to the tears that you have made me pay by writing these two lines)

------------------

che dire, mia mamma è sempre stata la mia ispirazione, ora che non sta bene tocca a me stargli vicino, come lei lo ha fatto quando io ero in difficoltà.
    Non scrivo questo per avere il telefono, mi avete semplicemente ispirato e volevo regalare un grazie enorme a mia mamma e mio padre (grazie delle lacrime che mi avete fatto versare scrivendo queste due righe)

5. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2018

jimmmysil , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Every volunteer who helps selflessly stray animals. These ppl are the voice to those creatures that have no voice to express the pain and anxiety they feel everyday wandering at the streets.
    1530549682893.jpg

Mjo, Ruby G., meatandy and 1 other person like this.
  6. TheRodd69
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

TheRodd69 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    I would have to say My Son has Empowered me to be the person I am today, He has been through much and he still finds time to worry about me doing good and not giving up and showing me his true gift of Love only at 17 and losing his mom when he was only 15, a few years younger than I was when I lost my Mom. He Empowers me Everyday especially since he is going to college this year, So I work twice as hard to make sure he is ok. We "NEVER SETTLE".

jimmmysil, Ruby G. and meatandy like this.
  7. G_Farhan_b_Abdulkareem_N
    Eclair Jul 2, 2018

G_Farhan_b_Abdulkareem_N , Jul 2, 2018 :
    A man who made me. I don't need to specify who he was. His face upon adversity made me. His last moments were of steel. You would know those were his last moments but yet he did not concede the fact until the very last when his last breaths were now leaving his lungs.

8. Jacobis20
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

My twin brother has been the light of my life showing me the way through hard times. Both he and i used to always bee afraid of basically everything but still he always took one step ahead to show me the way even though he didn't like it which really inspired me. One funny memory of such an occasion was when he and i had to go through a tight dark forest without any lights during the night. I didn't dare to do as much as go through it and he didn't either, but he did for me and he tightly held my hand leading me through the forest while being scared shitless. These small but many acts such as this one has inspired me in life and has made me look up to him. He really is a beacon of bright light in my life though annoying at times i still love him.[​IMG]

file:///C:/Users/edvin/Downloads/pogchamp.jpg
    [​IMG]

9. Dhaferalalawi
    Eclair Jul 2, 2018

Dhaferalalawi , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Hi

Besides my family, life has been my most exciting and overwhelming inspiration. Those daily encounters that one can successfully be inspired by.

Thanks

10. Jacobis20
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

didn't really know how to post a picture but here is a link if you still would like to see it.

11. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2018

The HoneyMonsta , Jul 2, 2018 :
    The people who have empowered me are my children. They're so young and fragile and therefore needing. My youngest (Oliver) is yet to be born. I feel like I have to be a role model for all of my children. We've come from a hard background, we've definitely had our fair share of hard times but we've always made it through. As long as I have my children, nothing else in the world matters. I'd give the clothes off my back for my children and I'd give the last penny I own to ensuring they have everything they need.

12. p51d007
    KitKat Jul 2, 2018

p51d007 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Mostly, my parents who gave me a "good ole midwest America" childhood. Growing up in the 60's & 70's, I didn't know the hardships they faced, providing for our family, the amount of working late or on Saturday's to provide for the family. We had a great childhood, we were in church every Sunday, we were taught manners and respect. That was the basis for the foundation in my life.
    Now, what sparked my interest in electronics was an internal need to know why things work. This was sparked, when I was in primary school, 6th grade by my teacher, Mr. Kien-Peng Su
    He was an immigrant from Singapore/Malaysia (not sure which, it's been almost 50 years!).
    One day, we were studying inventors, and after learning about the discovery of radio, he brought a crystal radio set to school. I was trying to figure out "where the batteries go" and he said it doesn't use batteries. Now, in the age of transistor portable radios, EVERYTHING ran on batteries. I asked him how it worked. He said, you're smart, you figure it out and come tell me.
    So this 12 year old kid goes to the ANALOG version of Google, called the local public library, types into the analog web browser called a card catalog and started reading up on Marconi, and a little of radio/electronics and figured it out and went back and told him.
    From that day forward, I was fascinated by electronics. In junior high, I built my own radios, gadgets and what not, taught myself ohm's law, and after graduation, got a degree in electronics.
    Started building my own computers in the 80's, and on and on and on.
    All from a tiny crystal radio set, brought to school by a teacher.
    Several years ago, I ran into Mr Su on social media and told him what an impact he had on my life and career.
    I think I made him cry. Teachers get a bad rap sometimes, but this one, Mr. Su, was pure gold!

youbi, David Y., Mjo and 2 others like this.
  13. SCHINDLERs
    Donut Jul 2, 2018

14. Kizuna1321
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Kizuna1321 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My Girlfriend Empowered me today to clean the kitchen in my house for the sake of meeting tomorow because if i dont clean it now she would probably broke up with me and i will be down.

Thanks for reading my story today

Mjo, Ruby G. and meatandy like this.
  15. Florin Tamas
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Florin Tamas , Jul 2, 2018 :
    The person who has empowered me the most is my gorgeous dear wife who has supported me and encouraged me to dream big and things do get done. One of her empowering phrases is : "When you're afraid of anything, look at fear in the eye and face your fear".
    When you're as lucky as i am to have someone support and empower you in this way, anything you want to do is already done before you start doing it. Really!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018

16. ONEUFO
    Eclair Jul 2, 2018

ONEUFO , Jul 2, 2018 :
    The freedom which was given to me in my education. Attentive listening and consideration in order for me and my environment to make the right decisions.

Ruby G. likes this.
  17. 1brunus
    Donut Jul 2, 2018

18. lionkovu
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

lionkovu , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Every person in my life has been shaping me every day. yet, the person who shaped me the most would be my brother. As being twins, we spend pretty much every moment together. We took the same classes until our senior year. Even then, we still took three classes together. We are the only two people in our entire family who loves Android way better than IOS. On car rides we spot each other to make sure that lane changes are made effectively. We have fought many, many times, but we are still closer than most brothers ever will be. He has empowered me to be the person I am today and I know he will always be there for me, no matter how far away we are.

Ruby G. likes this.
  19. Bradok
    Froyo Jul 2, 2018

20. Thanina
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Thanina , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Mes parents sont mes héros.
    Ils m'ont sauvée la vie littéralement, quand j'étais petite.
    j'ai été adoptée à l'âge de 2 ans, mon père biologique est mort avant ma naissance et ma mère biologique a été renvoyée chez ses parents avec moi. Ses parents ne voulaient pas de moi et ma mère biologique voulait se remarier en me laissant. C'est là que mes parents adoptifs sont apparus et m'ont adoptée et ramenée en France. On m'a découvert une maladie grave et j'ai été opérée 3 mois après mon adoption,si je ne l'avais pas été je n'aurais pas survécu.
    Alors oui mes parents sont mes HÉROS. Ils ont sauvée ma vie, m'ont donné une vie meilleure et ont fait de moi celle que je suis aujourd'hui.
    Sans eux il n'y aurait pas de "Moi adulte et accomplie" et Ils sont pour moi un exemple à suivre!

Ruby G. likes this.