[Results are out!] Who has empowered you in your life?

1. Imru1plus
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Imru1plus , Jul 2, 2018 :
    just like my one plus 5t, my mom and dad have been most reliable resources and support systems. They dash charge everytime I lose steam. They are my most trustworthy battery backup just like my one plus battery life. If at all I can compare something material to my caretakers it is my one plus 5t. Thank you! Mom and Dad and thanks One plus to express myself in subtle way.

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. sinzx2
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2018

sinzx2 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    my wife is my hero without my wife i dont know what the purpose of this life. my wife is registered nurse, she working in hospital and working 12 hours non stop to make sure all her patient get all the medication and she always taking care her patient so patiently. she always happy when her patient is cure and she become so sad if her patient pass away. and when she go back to home she always taking care of me to make sure i stay healthy and make sure i always do postive thing in this life and she always taught me how to be kind and helping each other and fight back if you get injustice in your life. i love my wife forever and after. she working hard every day and everytime. i cannot live without her. she always empowered me everytime i sad everytime i depressed especially when i fell down in this hard life and because her i never settle to make everyday of our life become more meaningfull. Thank you my wife.
    1530511063881.jpg

3. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 2, 2018

Mjo, the_o2, David Y. and 1 other person like this.
  4. V1530511355435
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

V1530511355435 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My dear brother. But I haven't once told him that I love love him. Since we are Asian I guess.

Joel B and Ruby G. like this.
  5. adil.shaw
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

adil.shaw , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My mistakes, literally. When for instance I sit in my class tests, I usually ask my teacher for a blank page so that I can pen down the mistakes I make (like spelling, ideas I've overlooked) and I seriously improve upon them.

6. prakashec13
    Eclair Jul 2, 2018

Shaik Riyazali and Ruby G. like this.
  7. flurka
    Jelly Bean Jul 2, 2018

flurka , Jul 2, 2018 :
    That is easy, it's my dear father.
    He is the reason i'm still here, and he has much to do with the way I am. If it haven't been for him I wouldn't be alive and living my life. He has supported me through all the struggle and hardship. I try my best to be like my father, and if I manage to become half the man and person he is I can proudly call my self a good man and human beeing.
    When my mother was still alive she couldn't help and support me as much as she wanted too because of her illness. My father did her part too and stuck with it all through everything. That's what I call love.

8. Damon1234
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

Damon1234 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My Parents Have Inspired Me the most. Through my uphills and downhills I've found them with me and I'll never ever forgot the things they have done.. This Is Just A Way To Express My Gratitude Towards Them. I Love You Both❤ And to OnePlus Family Thank You So Much For This contest. Giveaways doesn't matters but the platform you gave us to acknowledge our inspiration is just amazing. Love From India :)

Ruby G. likes this.
  9. Fantasyfutstar
    Eclair Jul 2, 2018

Fantasyfutstar , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My parents have been the building block to who I am today and who I will be in the days to come.
    A gift [e]1f4f1[/e][e]1f49d[/e] would only make them happier because these little things do matter the most in life.

10. sumithbhat123
    Froyo Jul 2, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  11. shaggie5
    Donut Jul 2, 2018

the_o2, Ruby G. and Mecca EL like this.
  12. stephzita
    Donut Jul 2, 2018

13. pumba7
    Eclair Jul 2, 2018

pumba7 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    The reason I am what I am today is my dad, who showed me that hard work is what matters in life and nothing is handed to you without effort. [e]1f474[/e]

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. Daniel Hee
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2018

Daniel Hee , Jul 2, 2018 :
    We all meet great people,each and every day, some are just strangers, some stay around longer. And some, remain a distant regret.

I was 14 when I met her. We were both preparing for a competition. She was a year younger than me, i still remembered the day I saw her. Though I don't know why, since it's not love at first sight, it's weird that I remember so clearly.

I was a 'weird' boy, weird in the sense that, I am both shy, and arrogant at the same time, fearful yet full of pride. I was never truly friends with anyone at school.... Alone, and my instrument was my only companion, I became isolated from the world, and kept everything away. I still remember that feeling of uselessness and worthless, even depression I felt every day.

So then I went for a competition, and met her. Well, she's not that special, she's just an average girl. As usual i was vocally harsh (I was often scolded for that by my teachers), but she didn't seem to care. We trained together, practiced together, time went by, and the competition ended, at the same time, a seed was planted in my heart, I didn't know though.

After that competition, we would often meet each other in various events, as we had the same music teacher, we would meet each other in performances, and other competitions. And everytime, she would flash a smile, and talk to me with a warm tone, that I frankly have never experienced. Her friends still put a distance between me, and she was the only one that talked to me like I was a true friend.

Then one day, I thought, am I worthy of her warmness, do I deserve to be treated as she treated me? In the past I didn't cared, because I felt like, nothing would change even if I tried. But that day, I knew that I wanted to be deserving of her warmness. I want to be someone that could bring support to her, as she did to me. Change was hard. Very hard, I had to be conscious of what I said every day, every minute. And I am still trying to be better today.

A few years went by, and she found a boyfriend. She was still as warm to me, and supportive of me. Yet it was then I realized that I wanted to be more than just friends, but I know it's not realistic, she only saw me as a brother, a mentor of sorts (as I often taught her to play the music instrument).

Now both of us have graduated and are at different universities, I can say that I have truly changed, even my classmates around me that used to disliked me said so. Yet, as much as she has empowered me, I feel regret and sadness that I couldn't do the same for her.

So here I pray that she will find someone that would support her through her life, as though she had empowered and changed mine. I stopped chatting with her eventually, and our meetings after we went to university became akward, as she knew of my feelings towards her from her friends.

Words could not express how grateful I am towards her, if it wasn't because of her, maybe I wouldn't even be alive. Yet, that tinge of regret will always be deep in my heart, and now I live each day, reminding myself, that I should be supportive to everyone as she has did for me, it was the only way I could honor her, and our memories.

I miss you... More than you know..... You have changed me and empowered me in more ways that you could ever think of.... And I'm sorry for.... everything....

15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 2, 2018

Dresa91 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    @Ruby G., thanks for this Giveaway
    Who has empowered me to be the person I am today?

German version:
    Das ist eine sehr interessante Frage.
    Nun, ich denke, dass das alles natürlich mit den eigenen Eltern angefangen hat, die durch ihre Werte und Erziehung den Werdegang eines jeder ihrer Kinder bestimmen.
    Da es natürlich Gesetz der Natur ist, dass nicht beide Elternteile gleichzeitig und in gleicher Weise auf das Kind einwirken können, denke ich, dass das in diesem Falle meine Mama war und ist :).
    Das liegt natürlich daran, dass in der Kindheit sie zu Hause geblieben ist, um uns zu erziehen und mein Vater arbeiten gegangen ist, um das Geld ins Haus zu bringen.
    In dieser Zeit hat meine Mama es versucht, mit ihrem schlechteren Schulabschluss mich in der Schule weit bringen zu lassen. Sie hat alles versucht, ihre Zeit investiert, nur, damit man es am Ende besser als sie hat.
    Ich denke, dass sie die Person ist, die mich am meisten beeindruckt und geformt hat und mich zu dem Menschen gemacht hat, wie ich heute bin. Vielen Dank Mama, ich liebe dich :)

English version:
    That's a very interesting question.
    Well, I think it all started, of course, with their own parents, whose values and upbringing determine the careers of each of their children.
    Since it is of course the law of nature that not both parents can act simultaneously and in the same way on the child, I think that in this case it was and is my mum :).
    Of course, this is because she stayed at home in her childhood to educate us and my father went to work to bring the money into the house.
    During this time my mom tried to let me go far in school with her poorer school leaving certificate. She tried everything, invested her time, just to make you end up better off than her.
    I think she is the person who impressed and shaped me the most and made me the person I am today. Thanks a lot Mom, I love you:)

woSch, Hananie, NeVeR_SeTTLe and 7 others like this.
  16. Cho3D
    Froyo Jul 2, 2018

Cho3D , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Chester from LP inspire me with his music and voice. [e]1f622[/e]

Ruby G. likes this.
  17. JAGADISH BHATTA
    Jelly Bean Jul 2, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  18. Andreej87
    Donut Jul 2, 2018

Andreej87 , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Ik heard this before a few times now. But in my case it is also my mother. She has had a very hard time the last few months.

Her mother died from complications caused by alzheimers desease. While she was dying my father was diagnosed without alzheimers desease also. It was very hard for her to see her mother deteriorate and knowing that het husband wil undergo the same in the future.

Now my grandma (her mother) had died, my grandpa (her father) had been diagnosed without untreatable cancer. She is about tot lose both her parents in a few months. This while my father keeps gething worse from his alzheimers.

Even tho al this is happening to her. She is still keeping strong for us. Letting is show that there van be joy in life. This motivates me to do the same for her, for my sisters and for my father.
    This is why she is my inspiration tot make me be who i want to be!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018

Hananie and Ruby G. like this.
  19. Black Forest Ham
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 2, 2018

Black Forest Ham , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My mother and father, having given up their original careers as an elementary teacher and head programmer, respectively, in order to give my sisters and I a better life as a family abroad, were the people that truly empowered me. They had left China for Canada at the peaks of their careers, for the wonderful environment and quality of life for their children to grow up in.

Since arriving in Canada over 15 years ago now, I have seen my father work hard through the struggles of finding work outside of his field, moving from job to job to provide for the family, and I've seen my mother make it her full time job to raise my sisters and I to be the people we are now. Their attitudes towards struggle were something to be amazed by, my mother and father would always live each day to the fullest, keeping up the best of moods even in the darkest of circumstances, never giving up despite the challenge, and never settling, all so they could provide the best for their children, regardless of hardship.

From saving up for the roller skates I wanted for my 12th birthday to teaching me in arithmetics and sciences late into the night when I was falling behind in school, my mother and father have always been making sacrifices in time, money, and effort to help me improve, and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Nowadays, thanks to them I've gotten into the college program I wanted. Often I can talk about stories and philosophy with my mother and about designs and ideas with my father, on a closer-to-even level. I've definitely been enriched by their sacrifices and experiences, and I'm sure my sisters can vouch for exactly the same.

One thing I am certain of, if I'm lucky enough to win the two red OnePlus 6's, I'm not going to be keeping either of them for myself, they'll both be going towards two very special people. ;)

Thanks so much to @Ruby G. for yet another great opportunity!

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mjo and Ruby G. like this.
  20. lop2lop
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2018

lop2lop , Jul 2, 2018 :
    My dad ! His kindness, thoughts, schedules and power are the best! His income is like 1/3 of mine and poverty line in this time! I'm wondering how he grew up us, bought a house and car, and always did the best for us.

He empowers me more than anyone else and I want to be like him.

Ruby G. likes this.