[Results are out!] Who has empowered you in your life?

1. vajay0
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

vajay0 , Jul 5, 2018 :
    my family always empowered me for all who i am today a successful businessman they always learn great thing in my life since i born..
    1530764497834.jpg

1530764498066.jpg

1530764498264.jpg

1530764498310.jpg

1530764498444.jpg

1530764498570.jpg

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. W1529303412351
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

W1529303412351 , Jul 5, 2018 :
    The person who inspired me to be what I am today is my best friend, . I had a lot of friends and they were not considered good boys but then I met a boy whom I could say that yes he's a good guy. Just since than he teaches me how to express yourself and lead ourself to do good deeds he really is a dime and if I won a one plus 6 I would give it to him,. He deserves it more than I do

Ruby G. likes this.
  3. sayhi2sanju
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

4. Ippolito1971
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2018

Ippolito1971 , Jul 5, 2018 :
    This is. very personal and deep inside my being but found it a fitting place and time to share.

Growing up in a big city (Philadelphia, PA) without parents it was difficult to make it and grow into a successful professional person, worker, father, and husband. had it not been for my grandparents who took me in to raise me I am not sure where I would have ended up. My grandfather came to America very young working as a seltzer water delivery person in the 1930's. He worked as a laborer his whole life saving money to purchase properties which is what drove his retirement and ability to support us as well as leave some money for me when he was gone. As a little boy I recall working with him in the garage where he spent much of his time fixing, building, and tinkering with things. One day at the end of our time in the garage before going to the house to eat dinner he stopped. me and sat me down to chat. He looked me in the eyes and said look at your hands (as I did I saw they were filthy and said they're gross). He said to me no don't think of them as just dirty. your hands and mind are what will carry you through life, the dirt on your hands represents success. When you do something productive with your hands your creating opportunities which means your dirty hands are evidence of you earning money. He then handed me a $20 bill and said thank you for helping, spend it wisely. I'll never forget that conversation and it empowers me today to be the best I can at everything I do, it is my identification. That moment imprinted on me like nothing ever has. It has empowered me to be a great manager setting examples for my employees in my field and a great father and husband at home. It was and always will be what pushes me to strive to do more and be more.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  5. agarayze09
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

agarayze09 , Jul 5, 2018 :
    My mother has always been my inspiration. She left an abusive household in a poor town in Honduras at the age of 16 and worked to provide for herself and was able to attend college. She's always pushed me to do my best, and her story is an inspiration to never give up. She did not when she was just 16 and in the worst situation imagineable, so why should I when thanks to her sacrifices for me I have so many opportunities?

She taught me one thing that I never forget: We are all more privileged than someone else out there, in one way or another, and part of a life worth living is using our privileges to extend a hand to those in need and lift them up.

Ruby G. likes this.
  6. jaydee700
    Eclair Jul 5, 2018

jaydee700 , Jul 5, 2018 :
    My dad and mom. I don't feel like sharing heart-wrenching stories in public tho. If I got two phones, I'd give them both to them to replace their aging phones as I already have the Speed You Need!

Ruby G. likes this.
  7. RiceBuns
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

RiceBuns , Jul 5, 2018 :
    Growing up without a father, my uncle has been there to teach me valuable lessons and encourage me to strive to be a better person. He's helped me through many hardships and I'm so grateful that he's in my life today.

Ruby G. likes this.
  8. D1511426982465
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

9. KELLY MORRISON
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

KELLY MORRISON , Jul 5, 2018 :
    My husband has empowered me throughout my adult life. We met in high school, and since then we have had an interesting life with interesting careers. Without him, I probably would not have moved out of our small town, or started a career in engineering. My husband has supported me practically, letting me move in with him when he left town; and emotionally when I was working alone in London. At times, I have been the main breadwinner, and other times we both struggle together to keep the bills paid, all the while supporting each other. My husband has taken up more of the household chores while I have been busy studying for college while we are both working full time. We both work as a team, but without my husband life would be a lot harder.

Ruby G. likes this.
  10. hsiauw
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

hsiauw , Jul 5, 2018 :
    My wife is the one that always support me. When the company I work going bankrupt and I lost my job, she still smile and encourage me and told me that we can make pass this problem. At that time there are many company going down and must fired their worker, so there are many unemployment, and it's so hard to find new job. So we try to sell food in street, me and my wife work together to earn money. We do it for around 1 year, after that we get better works, and we can have more time to spend with our children.

Ruby G. likes this.
  11. MSiddhesh
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

MSiddhesh , Jul 5, 2018 :
    Can't really say. There have been a lot of people who gave empowered me my whole life. It started with my mom, who has held my hand my whole life and taught me to do everything. Then my teachers who have made me the person I am today and my companion who completes me and supports me in every decision I make.

Ruby G. likes this.
  12. T1530770489152
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

T1530770489152 , Jul 5, 2018 :
    The person who really pushed me towards my goals and destination in life is my maternal cousin Dr.Poonam. She inspired me and motivate me at every stage. she believes in my skills and expertise and greatly encourage me towards my future.....this is because of her now im a chartered accountant and working in the prestigious audit firm in Dubai. God bless her....
    1530770710288.jpg

Ruby G. likes this.
  13. Gian_Carlo_Trias
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

Gian_Carlo_Trias , Jul 5, 2018 :
    None other than my Mother

My mother is just a regular employee in a small office. She have'd work for our family and brought the impossible to reality. There are times she is sacrificing too much(time,love,money etc). This is the best gift for her.

Attached Files:

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. KunnuBro
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

KunnuBro , Jul 5, 2018 :
    Education! Yes education. I was lucky enough to get a very good foundational home education followed by formal education bestowed upon me by my parents. It has not only made me a learned & intellectual person but also made me a better human being (not only considerate about people but also work tirelessly for their benefit).

Ruby G. likes this.
  15. Osemeke
    Donut Jul 5, 2018

Osemeke , Jul 5, 2018 :
    IMG-20121109-00298.jpg
    My elder brother is my biggest inspiration. He was like Batman and I was Robin. He is my hero. Growing up we often played, had fun and even got into trouble together. I made many of my life choices to be more like him; For example I studied computer science because he studied computer science, I married a woman from a certain African tribe because his wife is from that same tribe and I named my new born son after him.

Ruby G. likes this.
  16. ZED007a
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

ZED007a , Jul 5, 2018 :
    My math and my biologi teachers have played a big part in who I am to day. My biologi teacher has kept telling me that I am better than I think, and not aim for the simple tings but aim high.

Ruby G. likes this.
  17. G_Henk_Wieland
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

G_Henk_Wieland , Jul 5, 2018 :
    My wife ( today we got married see picture in the bottom), inspired me to be who I am today.
    I met her some years ago in a detox resort in Thailand. Being the yoga teacher. From being a big too heavy guy I became the healthy good feeling person i am today (picture on the right). What more can you ask for in your life ;-)
    We are now living together in Holland.
    Kind regards, Henk
    upload_2018-7-5_8-56-14.png

Ruby G. likes this.
  18. francesco.stocchil
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

francesco.stocchil , Jul 5, 2018 :
    My grandfather has inspired me in my life, he is an example of bounty and commitment in every aspect of his life. He was the first graduate of his village, and he did it while he was working in a factory, to give to my grandmother and my dad and uncles a better life. I started my university career becouse of him and I cannot be more proud of anyone else.

Ruby G. likes this.
  19. mathew_paul_k
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

mathew_paul_k , Jul 5, 2018 :
    My FATHER is the biggest inspiration of my life.. He was farmer and had gone through many difficulties to raise six of his children .. Even in his poverty,he gave us the best he could,but we were not happy with what all we had....... We didn't had any mobile phones on those days ,when we where children..But today when i became a DADDY..I know how hard it is to be a father like him!!!..NOW I would like to give what all best things to my children as my father did.. and i know one plus is the best of all....and if I win ..I would like to give it to my daughter who is preparing for her higher studies... because I hope one plus can help bring the best in her .. Like ONE plus's tag.. i too NEVER SETTLE for my daughter's future.... :)

Ruby G. likes this.
  20. G_Mart_Peters_PGbN
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2018

G_Mart_Peters_PGbN , Jul 5, 2018 :
    My mom is my hero. The reason why she is my hero is that after my brother and my dad committed suicide, she stayed strong for me and my big sister. Even when I wanted to give in my dark thoughts she was there to nag me that I won't do anything stupid. Because she stayed strong for me and my big sister, she deserves the recognition from me that she is my hero.

Ruby G. likes this.