[Results are out!] Who has empowered you in your life?

1. alex_fr
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2018

alex_fr , Jul 7, 2018 :
    Ce n'est pas que ma mère ou mon père qui m'ont le plus permis d'être la personne que je suis aujourd'hui mais aussi des personnes que j'ai pus voir dans la rue ou simplement dans des vidéos. Elles m'ont transmis des messages fort qui me quittent plus. Chaque jours j'essaye de faire en sorte d'appliquer leur conseils et de faire de mon mieux. On ne peux guérir toutes les maladies du monde tout seul. Mais en aidant juste une personne ou deux, celles ci feront peut-être de même et continueront le mouvement avec d'autres personnes. On m'a appris qu'il faut toujours aider les autres, même si ne l'on pas fait pour nous.

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. mo2dafo
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2018

mo2dafo , Jul 7, 2018 :
    Zero doubt, my parents are the ones who empowered and gave everything (Heart, Soul, Spirit) they had to myself and siblings. Just incredible incredible people i can never thank enough.

Attached Files:

Ruby G. likes this.
  3. JNL02
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2018

JNL02 , Jul 7, 2018 :
    My dad is my hero. He has gone trough a lot, like hearth surgery witch caused brain damage to him and endless pain. But he still keep going. He still keep working hard in life. He told me to never stop working hard, and if I want something I would need to work hard for it, becase nothing is free in life. I hope I'll become like him someday. He truly are my hero.

Ruby G. likes this.
  4. MobileTechMatters
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2018

MobileTechMatters , Jul 7, 2018 :

My Dad Marian, grew up in post WWII Poland, and like many others, had a hard life. He is one of 7 children. His father passed away when he was 11 years old and shortly after was put into foster care. When he was old enough he joined the Army & worked on airplanes. My Dad married my mother and came to the U.S. in 1975.

He has always worked "OnePlus" jobs to provide for our family and is a "Jack of All Trades" kind of guy. He is without a doubt the hardest working man I know. He has taught his 3 children to do as he does, to work hard, always be thoughtful, kind, caring, and respectful to others and to appreciate & make do with what you have. He is always smiling and laughing and shares that Joy with everyone in his life. I am so utterly grateful that he has instilled his best qualities in me. He is my role model, hero and best friend. I love you Dad!!! You deserve the best!! (especially to throw away your old phone for a shiny new red OnePlus 6). ;)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  5. Sandy_Gallegos92
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2018

Sandy_Gallegos92 , Jul 7, 2018 :
    La persona que me empodera cada día y me impulsa a seguir mis sueños y conseguir todo aquello que me propongo es mi mamá! Sin ella no sería nada, ya sea con una palabra de aliento o un abrazo me hace sentir mejor y querer seguir adelante

Ruby G. likes this.
  6. Danielarr45
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2018

Danielarr45 , Jul 8, 2018 :
    Both my parents are my heros. having immagrated to the US and not English speaking, their hard work ethics, and never give up drive we're definitely passed on to me. I would not be the person I am without thier direction, love and prayers.

Ruby G. likes this.
  7. Jacksonofagun57
    Donut Jul 8, 2018

Jacksonofagun57 , Jul 8, 2018 :
    Hello, my name is Adrian Hines I am 18 years old. I have encountered several people in my life whom created an astounding impression on many people. However, my mother is the one person who single handedly empowered my life's decisions and everything I do. Everything started at birth naturally and I was woven into the person I am now through a challenging process that everyone goes through. Anxiety, depression, difficult decisions, funerals, and lastly school. I was a difficult child to deal with, always causing problems for my mother. It was extraordinarily difficult for her being a single mother of three. Fact of the matter is my father wasn't around and it affected all of us. Not only did my mother take time out of her days for us children after working several jobs at once, she accepted all of the neighbors kids as her own. I'm not exactly sure what society calls a hero today, but my mother deserves recognition for the things she's struggled with. My mother crafted my sister's and my soul with her rugged hands and loving heart. I'm thankful for her and I'm glad to call her my mom. Sorry for no pictures she's camera shy.

Ruby G. likes this.
  8. TheLazyPro
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

TheLazyPro , Jul 8, 2018 :
    I gotta say...my biggest inspiration ever is my brother. Well, he‘s not my real brother but he became more than everyone ever did in my life. Without him i would not stand right where i am right now!
    I know him for more than 11 years now, we‘ve been through some shit, like brothers do :p and he was always there for me, when my grandparents died, when i was struggeling in life because everything just went done...he pulled meback up, everytime! He helped me to develop myself in a better, stronger and more confident me, like i would never imagine to be!
    2 years ago he brought me into my new job at Starbucks, which changed my whole life...
    Before that, i wasn‘t even able to talk to girls...now, 2 years later, i managed to become the best barista in my district (Frankfurt) and i also became District Coffee Master for Frankfurt! A HUGE thing in my opinion ;)
    I definitly have to thank him more than a lot...i gotta thank him a LOT! He‘s the power that drives me, everyday to the maximum...with participating in this giveaway i can only thank him a little bit, but that could be at least a small reward for making my life better than ever before.

Attached Files:

Ruby G. likes this.
  9. roulyz
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

roulyz , Jul 8, 2018 :
    La personne qui m'a aidé à être la personne sur je suis actuellement, c'est ma maman (mère), toujours là entrain de m'encourager à me battre pour réaliser mes rêves. Elle me répète sans cesse : mon fils dans la vie, reste toujours positif et respect tout le monde même plus petit que toi. Maman a fais beaucoup de sacrifice individuel pour subvenir à mes besoins au risque de son bien-être Elle est formidable. Un jour elle a même défier des cambrioleur pour me sauver la vie sans peur.
    Son mot QUOTIDIEN, AIME TON PROCHAIN COMME TOI MÊME. Je t'aime maman

Attached Files:

Ruby G. likes this.
  10. F_Roy_Genao_saeh
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

F_Roy_Genao_saeh , Jul 8, 2018 :
    The person who was always a inspiration to me was my mom, she gave us everything and worked realy hard to make sure we had everything we needed even though she was a single mother

Ruby G. likes this.
  11. AlanHearsMusic
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

AlanHearsMusic , Jul 8, 2018 :
    I want to take this time to recognize my grandfather for everything he has done for me in my life. He's shown me that you should never give up, not even in the face of death. I have learned alot from him and he is responsible for the man I am today and for the well well being of his entire family. I owe alot to him, in recent times I have almost lost him but he has always come through seemingly stronger than ever. Seeing everyone's amazing stories in the thread just made me want to share my stories as well cause I don't think I ever do that enough. Thank you Grandpa for everything you've done for me and your family.

Ruby G. likes this.
  12. raymond.colwell
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

raymond.colwell , Jul 8, 2018 :
    My wife. No words can expressed what she had to overcome. Kidney failure before the age of 30. A medically terminated pregnancy. Multiple calls of possible kidney transplant, finally a kidney transplant. While being a wife, a mother of 3, working as a teacher aid, and a best friend. I love her.

Ruby G. likes this.
  13. Alenstar
    Donut Jul 8, 2018

Alenstar , Jul 8, 2018 :
    mi padre ha sido un gran guía en mi vida. desde los años en donde hubo dificultades económicas y necesidades alimenticias, él siempre se ha esforzado en poder entregarnos a mí y a mí familia un sustento, un techo y comida.

y aunque no solamente me han entregado una inspiración para ser quién soy ahora, todo el apoyo de mi familia y mi hermano me han hecho lo que soy.

ahora último mi padre ha empezado a usar un SmartPhone, si llegase a ganar, sería interesante ver cómo aprende a usar un oneplus 6.

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. ostvarivanje
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

ostvarivanje , Jul 8, 2018 :
    As mostly of you have written also empowered me my parents. Unfortunatelly when we are young can't understand what they do for us but now I am very sure that they are gave and pushed me at the most they could!
    Greetings from Greece

Ruby G. likes this.
  15. Prateek19602
    Eclair Jul 8, 2018

Prateek19602 , Jul 8, 2018 :
    My dad has always inspired me even when I was not in the condition to do anything or when I met an accident he was the one to stand with me.
    Love you dad

Ruby G. likes this.
  16. yaakovkell16
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

yaakovkell16 , Jul 8, 2018 :
    My hero who inspired me and empowered me to be who I am today is a man I only knew for a few years. My grandfather died of cancer 8 years ago but left a legacy and memory I have heard so much of. Before he died I knew him as a great man but afterwards I heard so many stories about him I never knew of when he was alive. I try to be a man who has the same stories said about him and I think my parents pushing me in the direction of this man empowered me to be who I am. (Unfortunately I have no pictures of him as he was alive years ago)

Ruby G. likes this.
  17. jcx2bby
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

jcx2bby , Jul 8, 2018 :
    Like so many others, my parents are the constant source of empowerment in my life, even at age 41. they always encouraged me to finish college and at 40 yrs old, I finally did.
    1531019233652.jpg

Ruby G. likes this.
  18. aarinnkumarmishra
    Donut Jul 8, 2018

aarinnkumarmishra , Jul 8, 2018 :
    1531021129961.jpg
    The question is a complex one. Since art can be effectively used to express what's complex, I'd like to submit my answer through a poem. This poem (& image) is compiled by me. Kindly click the png attachment to view my submission in the form of a poem.

Ruby G. likes this.
  19. chann
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  20. aksiraj
    Donut Jul 8, 2018

aksiraj , Jul 8, 2018 :
    of course my dad...! nothing to say about him, because I'm half of him... but now he is no more....# I miss my dad......

Ruby G. likes this.