Resurrection Remix for OP3 (review)

1. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 30, 2017

cmitchellshaw , Apr 30, 2017 :
    so, I've been running this for well over a week with no problems (other than the flashlight taking a while to work again after a reboot). I've consistently seen a day and a half of battery life and 7-8 hoots SoT without hotspot and 15-16 hours of battery life with 4-5 hours SoT if I use hotspot for 5-6 hours.
    it's still fast, smooth, and runs cool. I'm loving this.
    recently rethemed my phone using substratum and a wallpaper I made using a pic I took on my OP3,the b&w filter in Snapseed, and the add logo feature in the OOS gallery. here's what my phone looks like now:

Screenshot_20170430-175938.png

Screenshot_20170430-180112.png

Screenshot_20170430-180124.png

Screenshot_20170430-180137.png

Screenshot_20170430-180137.png

Screenshot_20170430-180159.png

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017

2. Android450
    Marshmallow Apr 30, 2017

Android450 , Apr 30, 2017 :
    Can't view your attachments Mitchell

3. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 30, 2017

cmitchellshaw , Apr 30, 2017 :
    try now. I pulled the trigger too soon and had to edit the post.

Android450 likes this.
  4. Android450
    Marshmallow Apr 30, 2017

Android450 , Apr 30, 2017 :
    All good now. It's really clean looking actually. Very nice!
    Edit: I'm not the only one that enjoys a calendar widget :p Screenshot_20170430-152303.png

cmitchellshaw likes this.
  5. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2017

chazey2 , May 1, 2017 :
    Same here good old dirty flash, dalvik and cache wipe- install no issues.

6. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2017

chazey2 , May 1, 2017 :
    Looking very sharp my friend. As to the ROM definitely a keeper long term.

7. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2017

8. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2017

9. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 2, 2017

chazey2 likes this.
  10. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2017

11. aris
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2017

aris , May 2, 2017 :
    Cool calendar widget!
    I have one too!

cmitchellshaw and Android450 like this.
  12. S0bek
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 2, 2017

S0bek , May 2, 2017 :
    Very nice review, thanks for all the details !

I'm currently using RR OS with Sultan's kernel as my second ROM (MultiROM) because LineageOS and RR OS don't seem to work with their native kernel, which is identical...

BTW how did you activate the blur lockscreen? I only see blur customization for the header bar and recent apps...I must be really clumsy... ;)

13. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 2, 2017

cmitchellshaw , May 2, 2017 :
    configurations > lock screen > lock ui > blur background

1493760645760.jpg

1493760645880.jpg

S0bek likes this.
  14. Ronald Ahom
    Froyo May 4, 2017

Ronald Ahom , May 4, 2017 :
    Hello Friends!
    I have been using this rom from last One Week. Its very good, good bettry back, enjoyed a lot with its never ending customizing options. I found it very stable almost like stock OOS except couple of bugs one is minor nd the other is mighty. so lets have a look on it:
    1. Quick Pic Gallery App.
    when ever i try to share any video or picture through whatsapp or FB or any other social app or sharing app using the Quick pic app it automatically force close. don't know why. its a minor bug so I ignored it. But the next one is a major....
    2. Network problem.
    I have found dis problem not only in R Remix but in all the custom roms available for OP3 wheather its AOSP based or Lineage Based. So the problem goes like dis... My home is located at a place which is little outskirts of our City and i am using a 4G VoLTE network. Some of my friends of the same area also use the same sim network. In my phone i always see my network bar empty nd sometimes rarely see one or two towers available but where as my friends using the same network have full tower network. My internet speed also is much lower than them. But whenever I move to the main city side this problem does not come.
    Then I thought my phone phone might be is little weaker in LTE networks. But still I have some doubts in my mind about the ROM that might be becoz of the R Remix rom its happening. After that i finally decided to try a another rom. I flashed all these ROMs: AICP, AOSP extended, Lineage OS, Dirty Unicorns, CR droid. after lots of testings I found no difference. It affects the bettery too becoz of poor network all the time battery drains faster. Then I became Little depress nd thought that my phone has some defection. again switched to R Remix as it was my daily driver nd i loved it most.
    But when couple of days back Beta 15 for OP3 came out I thought lets have a try. I backed up all my stuffs including R Remix OS. And flashed Beta 15.
    After that I was Surprised to see I have full network on my network bar on the Status bar. again I tested the internet speed nd got shocked to see the high speed at my home. all these testings were done in the same area where previously i got poor network service. To finalize the result which I found, again i flashed R Remix (a clean Flash not from backup) and the problem was same there again.
    Finally I got the conclusion that all the custom ROMs made for OP3 are made weaker in Network section. they need a strong available network in the area to provide good services. And above that it effects our bettery backup, it drains faster than usual when the network services are poor.
    Thanks for reading! if anyone getting similar problem or have some solution for it please give reply because I really love R Remix.

15. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 4, 2017

cmitchellshaw , May 4, 2017 :
    try changing your APN settings.

Ronald Ahom likes this.
  16. Ronald Ahom
    Froyo May 4, 2017

Ronald Ahom , May 4, 2017 :
    sir, changing the apn settings will not work because its not about internet connectivity the whole network connection performs poorly in custom rom

17. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 4, 2017

cmitchellshaw , May 4, 2017 :
    What carrier are you with? I'm in the US and on the TMobile network. I have no problems.

18. Ronald Ahom
    Froyo May 5, 2017

Ronald Ahom , May 5, 2017 :
    you didn't had any problem because you r from USA. but M from North East India.. M using Jio network. but i m not facing dis problem in OOS.

19. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 5, 2017

chazey2 likes this.
  20. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2017

chazey2 , May 5, 2017 :
    Downloaded for later when home from work.