Resurrection Remix for OP3 (review)

1. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 5, 2017

cmitchellshaw , May 5, 2017 :
    includes the may 5th security patch!

just updated (only wiped cache). booted up fine. root intact. all settings are unchanged. smooth and stable. only issue was an icon for the empty sim slot. fixed it in sim settings. looking great again. another good update by the RR team.

2. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 6, 2017

3. Sudipkumarc
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2017

Sudipkumarc , May 6, 2017 :
    @cmitchellshaw I remember I was the first to clear your question about RR, it's camera and OOS camera port found on xda!! I should get a mention, shouldn't I?

Just kidding, now that you have tried RR, Try Zenity RR with Elemental Kernal you will go crazy with the performance you will get!!!

cmitchellshaw likes this.
  4. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 6, 2017

cmitchellshaw , May 6, 2017 :
    [mention]

No, really though, thanks a lot.

5. Sudipkumarc

6. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 6, 2017

7. Sudipkumarc

Sudipkumarc , May 6, 2017 :
    No not indeed!! Humor is all I live for!! Enjoy your experience. I am on a blocking menu, so would follow you after a while. Have a great Weekend!! Take Care

8. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2017

chazey2 , May 6, 2017 :
    OK bit of a long one but yes!
    Went on a dirty -wipe caches flash first that resulted in some strange behaviour. Booted to a black screen with constant UI FC. Right nothing for it then power -volume down to recovery and clean install but on the button combo it booted normally but was glitch city, no status or quick setting icons bit of a mess and strange boot up from what should have took me to choose recovery.
    Nothing for it back to recovery real squeaky clean flash everything wiped but USB re install and now it's gravy all the way. Smooth 'n' slick heaven!
    Brief set up running details:
    Stock everything apart from Eng-Stk Magisk touch and sd modules.
    Belo theme on substratum, question on themes from more experienced users can you mix and match themes or does one completely overwrite the other. IE if one has notification shade themes and other doesn't would they co exist each themeing the various parts, this is how it seems to me loading Belo and then Destiny after.
    On the last build I had flashed OB 15 modem and firmware I'm guessing the total wipe has cleared them so going to flash them next and will report on any changes good or bad! Maybe caused the dirty flash issues? But can't really see that.

9. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat May 6, 2017

cmitchellshaw , May 6, 2017 :
    Yes, Substratum will just write one over the other and you'll have elements of both showing and conflicting with each other.

I've found it's best to choose the elements from each theme that you want. it's a bit of trial and error to figure out what you like from each. once you figure that out, just tick those boxes on each theme before building and applying them.

10. S0bek

S0bek , May 6, 2017 :
    Uhmm I have all options on my side, but not the blur one (on SultanXDA's version of RROS).

I thought only the kernel will be modified, but it don't seem to be the case.
    Thanks btw.

11. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2017

S0bek likes this.
  12. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 7, 2017

chazey2 , May 7, 2017 :
    Would it be really wrong of me to drop a screen shot of RR security patch on here to whip some into a frenzy :eek::oops:
    Click

13. G_Ajay_Motiyani_eMsK
    Honeycomb May 13, 2017

14. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

chazey2 , May 13, 2017 :
    I'm giving the new blu-spark a trial and using his newest TWRP. Only been this morning so to early to come to any conclusions.

15. Millig
    Gingerbread May 15, 2017

Millig , May 15, 2017 :
    the blu-spark kernel does work on RR ? I thought it was only an OOS-based kernel ?
    Or there is a specific blu-spark kernel for RR ?
    You flash it in twrp without wiping data/system ?
    Thanks !

16. chazey2
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2017

chazey2 , May 15, 2017 :
    You the custom version, on the download page. And yes flash Twrp I always use his on the same download page. I always wipe cache after but up to you.

Millig likes this.
  17. F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 5, 2017

F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm , Jun 5, 2017 :
    do anyone of you has the issue with exporting the contacts from build in contacts app ? or it is just me special again :D

18. Retr_0
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 5, 2017

Retr_0 , Jul 5, 2017 :
    Hi,
    I recently flashed Resurrection remix,
    I don't have any other issues except the one below;
    The hardware key lights are always on when I touch the screen, unlike oxygen is where they left up only when when press3ed, please help:)

S0bek likes this.
  19. N1585558079347
    Cupcake Apr 1, 2020 at 11:02 AM