Resurrection Remix for OP3 (review)

1. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

cmitchellshaw , Apr 20, 2017 :
    those are features that can't be turned off. you can theme then in Substratum, though...

ghostofcain and DrAakash like this.
  2. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

it's set up to be blocked in India. keeps down on complaints.

3. Spinosaurus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 20, 2017

Spinosaurus , Apr 20, 2017 :
    Themed diarrhea and monkeys?

I kinda dead imagining that.

NEED UPDATE IN INDIA is it naught 7.1.2?

Why you do this to me, Mitch? I thought you liked me. :( :p

4. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

I do this so I can keep liking you...

5. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

if you do take this out for a drive, let me know of you run into the glitches I mentioned above? I did a full wipe except for internal storage. I may need to reflash OOS and then do a factory reset to flash this over it. it may be that by wiping the system partition, I removed some things RR depends on...

6. Spinosaurus

Now that's a logic I can't complain about. :p

Sure I will. I'm sure @ghostofcain will let you know soon enough as he's already installed it.

How's your day coming along today? Healing better?

7. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

healing slower than I expected. I'm anxious to get this straight. thanks for being willing to help. I'm sure I'll hear back from @ghostofcain soon.

Spinosaurus likes this.
  8. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2017

DrAakash , Apr 20, 2017 :
    7.1.2 monkeys.. there's a tail lying here... its very disturbing..

Spinosaurus and cmitchellshaw like this.
  9. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

just theme it, reset, and be happy.

Spinosaurus and DrAakash like this.
  10. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2017

DrAakash , Apr 20, 2017 :
    I hope those other Indian guys don't read this post of yours..

Spinosaurus likes this.
  11. Spinosaurus

Are you sure it's not the trail of the diarrhea that you were speaking of? *confused*

Would be glad to help, Mitch. :)

12. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

I think in going to flash OB14 and yet this again later, when I have the time to get it right. for now, I've spent all the time I can convalescing. I've got to get back to writing. my budget suffereth.

13. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

thanks. let me know. as per above, I'm going back to OOS for now. I'll try this again later.

14. Spinosaurus

Haha. Sure. Get back to OOS.

And what are you doing wrong that you aren't healing as expected? Reduced the Percocet intake? :p

15. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

actually, I stopped it altogether. I need my brain so I can work.

16. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2017

chazey2 , Apr 20, 2017 :
    Fantastic review fella well written and informative, I took the plunge a couple of days ago on Eliminator 5.8.3 - 7.1.2 RR & Open pico Gapps.
    I find the Rom fantastic smooth and fluid. I have not seen any of the glitches you mentioned the only bug I have found is USB OTG not functioning as it should. To say that I can see and access files contained but cannot move around the phone either to or from different storage locations on either file manager or solid explorer. Although in B Spark V26 TWRP the USB works fine which is how I like to do my flashing so I can live with that.
    Eliminator version comes pre installed with OOS cam which works as good as stock stable and or beta. Not tested RAW as never use I'm a point and shot guy with a phone. Also as official Magisk installed which passes safety net, which is of no consequence to me but may be point of interest for others.
    I see improved battery but not up to your standards but then my phone spends up to 10 a day in no signal area at my work place with both sims looking for a signal it kills my battery but I need WiFi in the workplace so keep airplane mode off.
    Overall great Rom and I can see myself staying on this for a long time. I see your a 'dark' guy Mitchell I'm a 'light' guy not tried themes yet as have no experience with it, will have a little play at the weekend if I can find a nice light or even white theme and report back on that trail.

Spinosaurus and cmitchellshaw like this.
  17. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 20, 2017

ghostofcain , Apr 20, 2017 :
    Firstly I must apologise, I tend to like to backup everything at least twice titanium and nandroid then a 3rd time for messages. By the time I've finished work, had tea and sat down and completed backing up I end up flashing roms into the early hours so my meaningful play time with the rom has been less than a couple of hours. So far haven't experienced any of the bugs you mentioned but dialing down the hardware buttons was my first task I'll keep em peeled and feedback later in the week.

Spinosaurus likes this.
  18. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

thanks for the feedback, guys. I actually took one more pass at this and all seems well. I may have been to aggressive in dialing back the permissions (like the dwarves of old, I tend to delve too deeply). like I say, this go round, all seems good. no issues.

Spinosaurus, chazey2 and ghostofcain like this.
  19. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2017

chazey2 , Apr 20, 2017 :
    I should add, i forgot if available I always drop button lights down to one second. Just personal preference on my part and of course RR has that tweak.

ghostofcain and cmitchellshaw like this.
  20. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 20, 2017

OK. thanks. I've looked for that setting, but I'm going in circles. point me in the right direction?