Returned OnePlus 7 Pro - waiting for my money for almost 1 month!

1. gh0st125 Cupcake Jun 25, 2019

gh0st125, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Hi there,

I am writing here in this official forum now because I don't know what else to do.
    I bought the OnePlus 7 Pro on May 21, got it on May 22nd, and decided to return it (because of the advertised easy return policies I thought it would be no deal - never have I been so wrong).

I sent the device back on May 31st and it arrived on June 05th (according to UPS tracking). But since this day, I have still no refund. I exchanged a few mails with Oneplus, but always got the answer to wait a little longer. I think I've waited long enough, but don't know what else to do.

Any advice would be highly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2019

delhichander and 01chevy like this.
  2. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Jun 25, 2019

Gav_W86, Jun 25, 2019 :
    don't email OnePlus support, call them up and escalate it.

gh0st125 likes this.
  3. meatandy Oreo Jun 25, 2019

meatandy, Jun 25, 2019 :
    How did you pay ?
    If the transaction was done with PayPal , contact them and let them contact OnePlus on your behalf.

gh0st125 likes this.
  4. gh0st125 Cupcake Jun 25, 2019

gh0st125, Jun 25, 2019 :
    thanks for your answers.
    I did indeed pay via Paypal and opened now a case for them to resolve this with OnePlus. I hope it gets solved soon, more than 700€ is a lot of money to waste...

If any mod reads this, maybe he/she can also help to solve my issue, thanks!

5. gh0st125 Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

gh0st125, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Update:
    I got a mail from OnePlus stating that they had to communicate with their Service Center. They told me they only found the phone in the packaging, not the Protective Case which I also sent back in. So I probably will get the refund for the phone but not for the case, which is not very satisfying considering I sent back both items (even in the same original packaging!).
    At least it was the phone they found not the other way around, I guess that's the price I have to pay.
    OnePlus may have lost a once very satisfied customer.

6. gh0st125 Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

gh0st125, Jul 8, 2019 :
    Still no money yet.
    I had to close my Paypal case because
    1) Paypal doesnt even support returns (only if you didnt receive your product but paid, but not if you don't receive your refund money) and
    2) Oneplus employee told me to close the case because he couldn't refund the money.

I immediately closed the PayPal case and answered him to try again to refund the money, but to this day I have no answer. The last mail was from last Wednesday (July 03) which I answered on the same day, and I wrote them again on Friday (July 05) asking why this whole process is taking sooo long!

I am really really disappointed and I am now considering taking legal actions.

7. Filepp Gingerbread Jul 8, 2019

Filepp, Jul 8, 2019 :
    scandalous. I've return my op7 to amazon after 15 days and received my money back after 2 days. in the future i think never bought from oneplus directly.

Gevin likes this.
  8. gh0st125 Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

gh0st125, Jul 9, 2019 :
    Yeah, if I'd buy something from OnePlus ever again I won't buy it from their website.
    I'd rather wait a few more days until it gets available at Amazon.

9. insomnia77 Froyo Jul 9, 2019

insomnia77, Jul 9, 2019 :
    Why not call your bank? If you used a credit card they should be able to help you out?

10. gh0st125 Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

gh0st125, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Because I paid via Paypal, my bank has no business in this case. My credit card got charged from Paypal, and if I would have let them charge it back, I guess Paypal would have demanded this money back again. It would have been too late anyway, since this whole process was over one month old so I couldn't demand the money back from my credit card bank.

But now I contacted OnePlus via chat as a sort of last chance on monday. I explained the whole case to the lady on the other side, and this time I had the feeling that someone cared about my case. It turned out that one day later (yesterday) the money for the phone was finally refunded to my Paypal! What could not be done by other people for weeks, one employee could do in just one day...
    So, if someone else has problems with the poor customer support via mail / ticktes, try chatting!

The only downside is, that I only got back the money for the phone, not the sandstone case which I also bought and sent back in inside the same packaging (!). Somehow it got lost in the paket receiving center, but at least the money for the phone is here now.