Network/Connectivity Returning message: cannot communicate with: 70:91:8F:09:CB:33

1. mbayings Cupcake Jul 25, 2018

mbayings, Jul 25, 2018 :
    Hi,
    For some reason I get every minute the message: "cannot communicate with: 70:91:8F:09:CB:33"
    But I don't want him to communicate with it. I checked my BT connections and there it is not part of the connections. At a certain moment it appeared on the new available connections and then without asking it tries to connect automatically - which does not work. So finally connection is not made. But I can't stop that trial to connect and do not want it.

Can anyone help? Is my phone maybe hacked in the past via BT? How can I stop it?

Regards,
    Michel Bayings

2. cdnfarmer Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2018

3. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2018

Sujknair, Jul 25, 2018 :
    Yup. As said above its a BT mac address. Probably its a headset/ portable speaker which youve paired previously. Usually when the signal is weak, the mac address will be shown in the list, and then it gets replaced with the device name.

4. mbayings Cupcake Jul 25, 2018

mbayings, Jul 25, 2018 :
    Thanks. But as I never see a name of a device I have no idea which one it is. And it keeps on trying to connect. Any suggestion how to solve this?

5. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2018

Sujknair, Jul 25, 2018 :
    If you're sure its one of your devices try turning them all off and then on one by one. I cant seem to find a way to see the mac address of paired devices on the phone. Maybe someone else might be able to help you with that.

6. SilverGlove Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2018

SilverGlove, Jul 25, 2018 :
    @mbayings Hey do you use any weber-Stephen Products or Own any Smart outdoor grills.If so the the App is trying to communicate with Grills Bluetooth L.E

7. mbayings Cupcake Jul 26, 2018

mbayings, Jul 26, 2018 :
    No idea how and why you thought of this. Did not think of that. I indeed use the Weber iGrill 2. I will check if that is the one. Then still I do not BBQ 24 hours a day so when the iGrill is off I do not need the constant try to communicate. But first I'll check if it is indeed this device. Thanks!

8. mbayings Cupcake Jul 26, 2018

mbayings, Jul 26, 2018 :
    Thanks for the support. Might be the Weber iGrill.

9. mbayings Cupcake Jul 26, 2018

mbayings, Jul 26, 2018 :
    Solved. Message is gone. Thanks a lot!

Eef_Bogels likes this.
  10. Eef_Bogels Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

Eef_Bogels, Jul 31, 2018 :
    Hi, I have the same problem. After Starting the iGrill2 app (works fine [e]263a[/e]️) and then after close the iGrill app (and swipe the app out of memory) I get the constant message. Cannot communicate with iGrill2..
    Does anyone have a Idea how tot stop this constant (every 30 sec.) messaging . thanks..

11. Eef_Bogels Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

Eef_Bogels, Jul 31, 2018 :
    Ik have Reboot my phone, deleted the apps from memory and to my surprise the iGrill was there.. I do not understand this... but deleted this app again from memory ... and problem solved.... Ik am still curious on how this all happened...

12. mbayings Cupcake Jul 31, 2018

mbayings, Jul 31, 2018 :
    Once I connected the iGrill again and closed it by first switching of the iGrill, it was OK. I did not remove or stop the app. The app came by itself with message that the iGrill was off or out of reach and then stopped. Hope this info helps you as it is terrible irritating that message.

Eef_Bogels likes this.
  13. acadianetworks Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

acadianetworks, Jan 12, 2019 :
    Thank you so much for this info. The igrill was creating the message on my phone as well. I did a "Force Stop" under settings...apps...igrill and that stopped the messages for me.