Review after I replaced my OP5T battery after 2 years 4 months of purchase

1. 856shailesh
    Donut Feb 24, 2020

856shailesh , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Hi everyone,

I am Shailesh and this is my first thread I guess . So like most of you I have purchased One Plus 5T in the Launch week (Nov 2017) and after 2 years 4 months , I decided to get my battery replaced under offer (50% off on battery replacement)

Before Replacing battery:
    I was getting around 12-14 hours of backup on light daily use (Whats-app and Twitter) . I don't play games or watch videos/movies on my phone.
    also after 50% off on battery I want to replace my battery soon.
    So I booked a battery replacement on One Plus Care app . They let you choose your service center based on your location. I didn't faced any issue in booking battery replacement.

During Battery Replacement :-
    I choose Exclusive Service Center , Shipra Mall , Ghaziabad as it was nearest to me.
    They took my device and asked weather I want my phone to be formatted (they suggested to format as it improves performance) . So I took my SIM and submitted my phone.
    As usual went for a coffee and was little disappointed as they have started serving in plastic cups.

I have to wait for around 1 hour to get my phone back . Actually battery replacement was done in 10 mins only but they need approval from Servify for discounted price. I paid Rs 600 online for same but was little skeptical for originality of battery changed.
    The service guy told me to charge my battery 100% and use it to <5% and charge it again . Do this cycle for 3 times for battery calibration.

After battery Replacement:
    Calibrated my battery (3 cycles) for optimum result but didn't saw any major changes . Right now I am getting 24 hours of backup on full charge but it was more than 36 hours when I first purchased my phone. Maybe it is because of Android 9 or what but I was expecting a backup of more than 30 hours after replacement but it's surely improved from before.

I will use it for 1 week more to see how are things going.

Please suggest me how to improve battery life.

One suggestion for One Plus Exclusive Service Centera : Please change the battery in front of customer.

Regards,
    Shailesh Kumar

Majed.HQ likes this.
  2. Majed.HQ
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2020

Majed.HQ , Feb 24, 2020 :
    That is not supposed to happen if you got a new battery.
    Maybe you did not buy it from the right place or maybe the battery was manufactured a long time ago.

856shailesh likes this.
  3. 856shailesh
    Donut Feb 24, 2020

856shailesh , via OnePlus 5T , Feb 24, 2020 :
    yes exactly , but battery doesn't contain a unique ID so that we can verify for it's authencity.