(REVIEW) Aluminium Metal Bumper

1. Wengg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

Wengg , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Received my aluminium bumper case today. Cost me around RM25 from ebay, took 2 weeks to arrive.

REVIEW

There are cut-outs for the required : SIM slot,USB charging, speakers, headphone jack. The power button and volume button is covered with metal add-ons(making it easier to click) .There are soft pads on the bumper so it will not scratch the sides. To assemble there will be two screws underneath at the bottom left of the screen. Use the equipment provided to screw it in.. IT'S REALLY SMALL so be careful! :p \

For those who are wondering, the bumper actually made the phone even more elegant. It's not bulky and doesn't give the phone a rough look/feel. it's actually easier to hold now compared to w/o bumper with the 'thicker' sides. I feel a lot safer holding the phone now too :)

The sides of the case is EVER SO SLIGHTLY higher than the screen ( so if i lie the phone screen first, the screen will not touch the floor) Moving on to the back, the sides of the case is again SLIGHTLY higher than the sides. However, as the phone curves upwards in the middle, OPO will still lie on the back cover instead of the metal sides.

Personally I didn't experience signal loss and Wifi signal drop after putting on the case. If any, it is really minimal as I don't realise it.

P.S. First review, so quite choppy so please excuse me :)

Feel free to ask me any questions !

Edit : After 2 weeks of using it, I feel the need to edit and add this. The screws come loose after sometime and I had to tighten it. Not the most convenient but Physcis is being a b*tch. Anyways, it is not a big deal as it can be easily done :)

Pictures!!(OPO Stock)
    IMG_20140807_181218.jpg IMG_20140807_181422.jpg IMG_20140807_181512.jpg IMG_20140807_181531.jpg packaging.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014

2. Funzbob

Funzbob , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Looks good does it only protect the edges..

Still it looks clean and simple

3. Wengg

Wengg , Aug 7, 2014 :
    The 4 corners plus sides are definitely protected completely. The screen i'll be getting Nillkin Tempered Glass as this case will not protect the screen well enough if i drop it :p Back part not so much :)

iseephones and paul yazbeck like this.
  4. Quinnaay
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Quinnaay , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Got mine yesterday in the not bad looks alright pretty sure it does effect signal slightly though.

5. mohammadhelmy

mohammadhelmy , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Thank you so much :) It looks amazing :)
    My regards to all Malaysia :)

Wengg likes this.
  6. davecgc
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

davecgc , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Signal strengh shouldn't be affected - all of the antennas are on the back case and not along the sides

evilriq likes this.
  7. Wengg

Wengg , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I'll keep you guys updated next week after I got my SIM cut :)

boostedthunder likes this.
  8. Quinnaay
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

9. cpat258
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

10. boostedthunder
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

11. AVTR
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

AVTR , Aug 7, 2014 :
    does it affect the gps, wifi or 3g/4g performance?
    i had one of those on my galaxy s3 and it did

12. Wengg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2014

Wengg , Aug 8, 2014 :
    For Wifi, I didn't notice the drop if any. 3G and signal quality I would have to keep you updated as i'll be cutting my SIM on Saturday :)

13. AVTR
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

14. codearm2
    Eclair Aug 8, 2014

codearm2 , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Caution, this case is super slippery

I've been using it on my N5 for 2 months and my phone already fell for more than 10 times

15. Wengg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2014

Wengg , Aug 8, 2014 :
    So far it feels really sturdy.. Thanks for the heads up tho :p

16. narupls
    Froyo Aug 8, 2014

narupls , Aug 8, 2014 :
    This bumper does look pretty good. I might use one or stick to one of those bamboo backings if I can get a opo. Anyone know if it affects cellular signal like most metallic casings?

17. westside8
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2014

18. ProbablyCrazier
    Eclair Aug 8, 2014

ProbablyCrazier , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Ok, here's the dildo.... I'm getting REALLY tired of people saying these bumpers degrade signal. Take a look at this teardown of the One+... The far right is the back panel of the One+, the 3 gold spots on the corners, those are the antennas. The top 2 are WiFi and Bluetooth, the bottom is cellular. Notice how they don't touch the sides? Oh, you did? Good. IF you notice a signal difference upon putting on a bumper on this phone, it's because you're now holding your phone differently.

<edit>
    Sorry, also forgot to mention the 2 contact points near the middle, and the dark gray patch across the middle are the NFC contacts/antenna.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014

Alex Mirrors, davecgc and AVTR like this.
  19. Wengg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 9, 2014

Wengg , Aug 9, 2014 :
    So far it doesn't :)

20. badger906
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2014