[Review] Bepak Tempered Glass Protector

1. kawaii
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2014

kawaii , Aug 5, 2014 :
    Here's a quick look at the Bepak Tempered Glass Protector I ordered from an ebay seller (shipped from China). It took less than two weeks to reach me here in California, and I must say that it does not disappoint especially for something you can pick up for less than $8 USD shipped.

1c.jpg

I purchased this this Bepak tempered glass protector along with a Nillkin just so I could compare the two.

1g.jpg
    1h.jpg

The packaging is similar to what you'd get with a Nillkin tempered glass protector including the dust removal stickers, the disposable wet and dry cloths, and a nice Bepak branded cleaning cloth.

1b.jpg

Differences:

From what I can gather, the Bepak tempered glass protector – like the Orzly – has a 2.5D cut on the edges, meaning that the edges are curved in order to improve the feel of the protector as well as prevent the glass from chipping. The Nillkin does not have rounded edges, but this might not matter to you as I've never chipped any of my tempered glass protectors over the years. Some people simply prefer the curved feel.

1f.jpg

Another difference between the Bepak and the Nillkin is that the Bepak does cover the camera and notification light while the Nillkin protector leaves the front-facing camera unprotected. From testing the front-facing camera, I did not detect any noticeable difference in picture quality before and after covering the front-facing camera with the tempered glass protector. But, unlike the Orzly Tempered Glass Protector, the Bepak protector leaves the sensors uncovered. While I have not heard about any issues with the sensors being covered up, the Bepak seems to be a good alternative for anyone who wants the sensors to be exposed while keeping the front-facing camera protected.

1d.jpg

Another thing to note is how the top cutout for the Bepak is much more form-fitted to the speaker. As you can see from the photo below (the Nillkin is laying on top of the applied Bepak), the cutout on the Nillkin is much wider – both in terms of width and height. This is good to keep in mind if you want less of your actual screen to be exposed.

1a.jpg

The Bepak fits well and it rounded edges are definitely a plus for a screen protector in this price range. The glass is as smooth as any other I’ve used in the past and I have neither experienced any sensitivity issues nor issues with clarity. I’ve used many brands including MIME and Spigen in the past and I say that the Bepak is on-par in terms of quality - without the hefty price tag. It is similar to the Orzly aside from keeping the sensor exposed, and it's also half the price of the Orzly. As both the Bepak and Nillkin are similarly priced for a US resident, I would buy the Bepak ten out of ten times as it has curved edges and a well-fitted cutout at the top.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014

Shuffler505, ramees, BarGer and 47 others like this.
  2. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Aug 5, 2014

3. Seoul
    Froyo Aug 6, 2014

4. dayanandgp
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

dayanandgp , Aug 6, 2014 :
    @kawaii one seller from Ali express suggested this case when i asked if he had nillkin 2.5d glass. shall i go ahead and order this ? I liked your review and it gave me some confidence as the seller too said its a new brand but a good brand...what do you think ? would you still recommend it ?

kwesi likes this.
  5. swiftb12305
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

swiftb12305 , Aug 6, 2014 :
    nice review,i have a tempered glass i got off ebay for $7 from a US seller that looks identical to the bepak,rounded edges and all. They all comes from china so to me brand doesnt matter. I got mine in about 3 days.

imablackhat likes this.
  6. imablackhat
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

asad04 likes this.
  7. swiftb12305
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

swiftb12305 , Aug 6, 2014 :
    check you pm,didnt wanna post someones review

imablackhat likes this.
  8. grandmaximus
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

imablackhat likes this.
  9. keenez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2014

10. monkeyking
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

11. mondflug
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2014

12. kawaii
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

kawaii , Aug 6, 2014 :
    I would definitely recommend it. I don't think anything beats it for the price. Even the packaging is better than the average $8 tempered glass from ebay (on-par with Nillkin). The company even has a website, bepak.net.

I see a listing on ebay.com but there might not be one for your country's ebay site. Try ali-express if anyone's having issues finding it on ebay.

dayanandgp likes this.
  13. grandmaximus
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

14. dayanandgp
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

15. Zeuroid
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

Zeuroid , Aug 6, 2014 :
    thank you!
    i think you really did a great job up here..

i wish there was a similar compartive thread for Europe

16. imablackhat
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

imablackhat , Aug 6, 2014 :
    whats your guys best method to put these on without dust getting underneath? - how do you do it and where.

17. grandmaximus
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

18. kawaii
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

kawaii , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Yup, get the room hot a steamy. Use tape to preposition the protector so you won't waste time slowly positioning the protector.

imablackhat likes this.
  19. Seech
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

Seech , Aug 6, 2014 :

How will you use tape to preposition the glass exactly?

20. kawaii
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

kawaii , Aug 6, 2014 :