Review for CaseBase Premium Tempered Glass , why you should not buy it!!!

?

Accessories for the One?

1. The One

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Accessories for the one

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MustafaMohsen
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2014

MustafaMohsen , Oct 24, 2014 :
    When i got an invite from the company a few month ago , and ordered the phone , i wanted to protect it so i bought these two item which were recommanded in this forum .
    CaseBase Premium tempered Glass : ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casebase-Pr...=1414145722&sr=8-1&keywords=one plus casebase )
    Protective case from Orzly : ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orzly®-Prot...414144603&sr=1-1&keywords=orzly cover oneplus ) .
    My phone falled from my pocket landing on the display ; and it was damaged . So the Tempered Glass did not do its job ; it was just broken and it didnt protect the displas at all.

See below images :
    What are your experiences ? Do you think such damage should happen when the device is protected ? ( PS : the on/of switch is working ; but the display not )

Attached Files:

ronoldo likes this.
  2. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Oct 24, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  3. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Oct 24, 2014

gusuraman likes this.
  4. MustafaMohsen
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2014

i did ; but i have to wiat now for at least a week to get an answer!

ronoldo likes this.
  5. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Oct 24, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  6. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2014

vantt1 , Oct 24, 2014 :
    There are no guarantees that whatever case or screen protector you're using will 100% protect your phone. As someone who works in a shop that sells phone cases, customers always ask if their phone won't break if they use <insert case here>, to which I reply "It's better than nothing, and your phone will have a higher likelihood of surviving, but I cannot make any guarantees as to the circumstances of the drop."

7. MustafaMohsen
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2014

thats true but the damage is really big ; it just fell out of the pocket .... i didnt expect that at all!!

ronoldo likes this.
  8. Adapting
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  9. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2014

vantt1 , Oct 24, 2014 :
    No drops are expected. Every drop is different, and that's why controlled drop tests are an inaccurate representation of a phone's durability. Some people are lucky enough that their phones survive a big drop, while others are unlucky enough that their phones don't survive a small drop.

ronoldo and gusuraman like this.
  10. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Oct 24, 2014

Funk Wizard , Oct 24, 2014 :
    Its really sad. Next time go for Rhinoshield or Orzly Tamper glass protector. I have seen people replace their screen so go through the search options in the meantime while the customer service responds.

ronoldo likes this.
  11. flamingodise

ilenewm2004, LibbyXCX and ronoldo like this.
  12. sbirsen
    Froyo Oct 24, 2014

sbirsen , Oct 24, 2014 :
    It is a pity, but I agree with the above, I doubt they give any guarantee that it will survive a drop. The same way, Sony Z2 owners are struggling and getting different answers to requests for returns due to water damage. These claims of how these things are protecting the phones are all a bit ambiguous...Sorry for you though. Hope you can sort it out

ronoldo likes this.
  13. Chevanlol360
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2014

Chevanlol360 , Oct 24, 2014 :
    You should have bought the Orzly 0.24mm size tempered glass and the Orzly TPU case. You gotta doing some background research on the company you actually buy it from, Orzly seems to be a bit stronger.

iCrayon likes this.
  14. ageorgiou

15. klau5275
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2014

16. MustafaMohsen
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2014

MustafaMohsen , Oct 25, 2014 :
    The case and the tempered glass i bought were really recommanded in this forum.....

ronoldo likes this.
  17. Elastico
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2014

Elastico , Oct 25, 2014 :
    The thing that I strongly disagree to is that you are saying that a specific brand is bad.

The problem here as many are saying is how it lands and that no protection is 100%. Glass is actually not always better than a thicker plastic screen protector when we are talking about shock resistance. Glass doesn't (obviously) absorb the impact the same way as a softer material does and will transfer a lot of the force to your screen. Of course it helps, it's better than nothing but still there are no guarantees.
    My philosophy is to always buy the cheapest protectors on ebay. They are all more or less the same. Thickness is the differentiating factor. I have cracked several glass protectors (on other phones) and avoided to crack the screen.

Glass protectors are for scratch protection and a better feel, not for impact protection.

18. dlang
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2014

dlang , Oct 27, 2014 :
    Yeah esp. the RhinoShield will probably provide a lot more impact protection than one of the tempred glass ones.

ronoldo and Elastico like this.
  19. berting007
    Donut Oct 27, 2014

berting007 , Oct 27, 2014 :

Oh man. I really wouldn't trust to ads they've been given away just to sell their products like protecting your phones..etc. I don't know how OPO would respond to this kind of damage so let us know TS whatever their reply is. Thanks.

20. sparkling_cyanide007
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2014

sparkling_cyanide007 , Oct 27, 2014 :
    I swear man ppl have no common sense nowadays. Nothing is (insert verb)proof. Its meant as protection as first line of defense and should your display get shattered with the screen protector on, thats the end. Physics wins sometimes. Its like buying a car and you get into an accident, the air bags deploy but you didnt make it out alive. C'mon man!!!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014

ronoldo and Jaycawb like this.