[Review] GodoSmith Tempered glass screen protector with pics

1. Jawad973
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

Jawad973 , Apr 12, 2015 :
    This is my first review, EVER! Please don't kill me if there's an mistake (sarcasm).

I will make it quick and short because who the hell likes to read a book about a tempered glass. JK...

So I bought the GodoSmith Tempered glass from a-l-i-express for about an $10. Now you might think this another Chinese crap accessory but wait till the end and see what goodies it comes with.

When I got it and opened it up, I was really amazed by the packaging. It the exact same packaging of OnePlus One. With an hard shell case and an pouch with all the goodies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was even more impressed by the detailed packing inside. Couldn't believe it costed me less then $10 plus free shipping!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Application:

Here's where it gets ups and down but it's all my fault and the instructions were perfect. I pealed off the existing plastic protector that came with my OnePlus One. Yes, the chinese variant comes with pre-installed plastic screen protector. I wiped off the screen with the included alcohol wipe even thought it was needed, dried it off for a sec, wiped it with the micro fiber cloth included and use blue sticker included to remove any dust or finger print. As this my first glass protector and applying it firstly, I screwed up and aligned it incorrectly which resulted an big bubble pocket at the left side of the screen. But after removing it and redoing it the 3rd time, it worked and I couldn't believe it!!! Considering it's really cheap but the quality and durability of the glass was insane as I did even apply a bit more pressure when removing it. As said in the box, it is nano coating and not an finger print magnet which I suffered a lot with the plastic flim that came along with my OPO.

Cost: $9.69
    Overall score: 10/10

This is a real steal. Highly recommended accessory and one of the best out there.

Reus, willks, LifelessLewis and 2 others like this.
  2. SayMyName
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

SayMyName , Apr 12, 2015 :
    You ripped off my signature!
    Nice review. CaseBase is a nice screen protector too. You get 2 for about 15€.

rikardo1979 likes this.
  3. Jawad973
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

No, I'm the one who knocks and you know it.

Haven't used casebase as this is my first tempered glass. LOL. But this is a real bargain for $10 for all I know..

4. rikardo1979
    Community Veteran Apr 12, 2015

Jawad973 likes this.
  5. Astraion
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2015

Astraion , Apr 12, 2015 :
    Finally a review for this tempered glass!
    It's in my wishlist since last year, but I was waiting for a review about it. :)

Thanks

Jawad973 likes this.
  6. Jawad973
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

No problem. This is good stuff.

Astraion and gmo8492 like this.
  7. gmo8492
    Lollipop Apr 12, 2015

Jawad973 likes this.
  8. willks
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2015

willks , Apr 12, 2015 :
    Great to have options! Nice to see the alternatives of what I chose. I bought these two after my first body protector caved in (corners broken, phone marked on the back):

- Nillkin Tempered Glass
    - Orzly Fusion Bumper Case (with see-through back)

I will post pics once I find my DSLR USB cable!

Jawad973 likes this.
  9. Jawad973
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

True that. [​IMG]

gmo8492 likes this.
  10. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

LifelessLewis , Apr 12, 2015 :
    I worked in a phone shop for a bit and if a customer bought a flagship phone they got a free glass protector, and we had to put it on... Infront of them! It was crazy because they're just sat there staring and probably thinking I'll mess it up haha.

Good review and I'm glad you got it on right :)

Reus, willks and Jawad973 like this.
  11. Jawad973
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

Thanks and yeah as if applying it along wasn't hard enough.

LifelessLewis likes this.
  12. willks
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2015

willks , Apr 12, 2015 :
    General consumer distrust :) Everyone thinks salespeople are inept, but I don't! I've found that sales people usually work for peanuts and give their soul to please customers.

LifelessLewis and Jawad973 like this.
  13. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

I know tell me about it!

Yeah haha, glad you think that, it wasn't too bad really, the worst was trying to explain things about the phones to people who really have no idea what I'm talking about haha.

Jawad973 likes this.
  14. willks
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2015

willks , Apr 12, 2015 :
    The savvy customer just buys stuff :) The ones that have no clue just bog you down with endless questions. Here in Australia, when I was studying engineering I worked at an electronics retailer. We had a name for customers:

- TW's: Time wasters (usually spent 5 minutes making up their mind)
    - FTW's: (F********* time wasters) - bog you down for about 30 minutes asking questions, whilst their mates sneaked in and walked out with the merchandise!)

These days, there's RFIDs on demo stock so usually it's captured.. back in the 90's, all we had was CCTV :) Anyhow, I sympathise.

LifelessLewis likes this.
  15. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2015

Haha, yeah it was like that for me a bit we literally had to spend like half an hour demoing a phone, and then longer because most of the time the didn't have a clue what that wanted so we had to demo 3 o_O
    Yeah it was a bit hard for a customer walk out with a phone, it was only a small shop with plenty of staff. Lots of time wasters though...