[Review][Headphones] JBL E1+ Earphones

1. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

rritambhar , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Disclaimer: All pics were taken with my M7 since low light pics are still way better on my M7 than my OPO.
    So,the JBL headphones are now available to buy separately and I placed my order the moment I saw them being put up on sell. Details about order processing-
    • Order Placed-11/10
    • Order marked as Shipped-11/11
    • Order was supposed to be delivered on 11/14 but USPS left note since it needed signature confirmation
    • Finally picked up my package directly from USPS - 11/15
    • total time about 4days
    The product in a nutshell -
    specs.jpg

I have been really excited to try this headphone for several reasons-
    • Jbl is one of the old players of acoustics industry,their speakers are very nice although they dont have much footprint on headphone market.
    • This headphone has all the necessary button control for my phone so thats a huge Plus(pun intended)
    • Honestly the headphone looks really nice.
    So I went straight ahead and unpacked to test the headphones,here are some unboxing pics :)
    1.jpg

Included items in the package-
    • The headphone
    • Some extra pair of rubber tips for replacement (the stock ones was nice fit for me so I didnt even open that packet to see the sizes
    • a small booklet (haven't opened it either),see in the pics
    2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

MY VERDICT:

• Quality is not as awesome as I was expecting! Well,after all I only paid 40bucks for them,so they are decent for the price range. I am not an audiophile,but I listen to a lot of music and I always use headphone.
    • Compared to the stock headphones that came with my M7 and that paired with HTC beats audio preset - this falls short by long margin.
    • I love bass and it falls short again. Treble is decent but when I compared it with my 10$ M9 from MEELEC - again, disappointment. It comes nowhere close to those 10$ treble even though i paid 4times. But it's bass is slightly better than that of M9 so thats kind of a tradeoff for me I would say.
    • I dont like the design of the pin, its annoying when using the phone frequently and putting back in pocket! it will constantly come in-front of the phone and keep annoying you IMAG1360.jpg I love the regular straight type more where its not such an annoyance,like my old headphones- IMAG1361.jpg
    • The positioning of the volume control is so close to ur face that it is almost impossible to change volume/song without taking the headphones off. And the chord is quite sturdy! So if u try to fiddle with the switches then the left headphone(the controls are directly connected to that) is destined to become loose and u will have to push it back. Huge annoyance for me. They could have easily put the control about an extra inch down which could have solved it easily. I do understand the reason being the control has the microphone in it so the closer it is to the mouth the better but this rendered the volume controls totally a huge annoyance for me.
    Conclusion:
    I like how the bright red matches with my black OPO. The sound quality is decent,nothing too fancy as you might expect. I would say get this if you want a fancy headphone with all the functionality. I would rate it 7/10, and price to quality is too high when i compare it with my M9 for 10$. I love the overall build quality though. Seems quite sturdy and well built. A definite PLUS. :D
    IMAG1362.jpg

Other Thoughts:

1. OPO could have chosen some other vendor as the partner for this,after all JBL is not so celebrated for their headphones(for obvious reason like this). I could have paid a bit more for a better product.
    2. There was a huge requirement of a clip to keep the headphones from getting looses ! The headphones are quite heavy and they tend to get loose !
    Tagging @gusuraman for including it into the huge accessories thread (if only he deems it fit :D )

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014

2. Boricua
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

ronoldo and rritambhar like this.
  3. 0utblast
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

0utblast , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Thanks. I thought about buying them, but after reading this I will stick to my Sennheiser headphones.

4. vvelitchkov
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2014

vvelitchkov , Nov 15, 2014 :
    I find that the new apple earpods are the best for the ptice. unlike the previous ones, the have great bass and awesome quality and only cost 40-50$ you shoulf buy them or at least try them if ylu havent yet.

ronoldo, rritambhar and risky1301 like this.
  5. Rolodex
    Marshmallow Nov 15, 2014

Rolodex , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Thank for the info, dude!! Not intending to purchase them, but now that I read your review, my mind is set at ease now :p

6. risky1301
    Lollipop Nov 15, 2014

risky1301 , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Wow thanks for that in depth review. I think I may second guess purchasing these.

7. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

Which one? I am sure if you want quality then ur Sennheiser is way better than this one. :)

ronoldo likes this.
  8. thienanvu
    Froyo Nov 15, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  9. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

Yep, even if you guys do then keep your figures crossed. Definitely not the best quality audio. better look for the M9 (Meelec) from Amazon for 10bucks. way better!

ronoldo, Nilesh Sajnani and risky1301 like this.
  10. M4ENY
    KitKat Nov 15, 2014

M4ENY , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review :)
    I was wondering how the sound quality stacks up compared to other headphones but I will pass now lol

11. bsoder13
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2014

12. M4ENY
    KitKat Nov 15, 2014

M4ENY , Nov 15, 2014 :
    I am sorry but I disagree with you on the new apple earpids being best for the price 40~50 range. Its a decent improvement from the previous design but its sound quality is subpar compared to other products at the price range.

13. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

oh! really? Alrighty then i will see if i can get one. thanks :)

ronoldo likes this.
  14. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Nov 15, 2014

Nilesh Sajnani , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review! I'm happy with my Sennheiser CX-300ii and I've already ordered Xiaomi Pistons so I'll give these a miss :D

15. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2014

handheld_addict , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Nice review, thanks. Good to know about details like the plug shape (with pictures!) That makes a huge impact on me.

rritambhar likes this.
  16. peteryu
    KitKat Nov 15, 2014

peteryu , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Thanks for sharing :D

17. 0utblast
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

0utblast , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Yep. Guess so :D
    CX 300 II - Precision

rritambhar likes this.
  18. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

i am damn sure thats way way better bro even though i havent tried personally :)

ronoldo likes this.
  19. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

ronoldo and peteryu like this.
  20. Jawad973
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

Jawad973 , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Here what I think guys, don't get me wrong. It's just the JBL that shines but other then that it's the normal pair of headphone you can buy off in ebay. I still prefer Xiaomi Priston 2 which is justified for 25 bucks. Many would disagree but this is what I thought.

ronoldo likes this.