[Review] How is Oxygen OS working so far !

1. FalconFX
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

FalconFX , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Hey everyone, after reading many threads about the problems encountered either during the installation or after installing OXOS (and posting my own), I got to spend some quality time with OXOS, for a couple of days of real world usage, i want ot report back on my experience :).

On Performance, people on the forums are hating on OXOS for having a low score of 46k on Antutu and CM12 scoring 50k, well let me tell ya something, benchmarks mean shit, OXOS is Absolutely smooth like butter, and no ROM comes even close to how good it runs, I tried CM12 and Exodus, it's just better, animations are smooth and consistent throughout the UI, and doesn't lag what so ever. im not a gamer so cant comment on that, but i bet it works like a charm :)

This is a Nexus experience, The Nexus 6 is BIG and more expensive, you can get as good of a experience on the OPO, a much more manageable 5.5" screen and much lower price tag: 350$

And Battery life, Its pretty good, i prefer a phone that just works, no xposed & no tweaking, I got 2hrs of SOT on wifi with 75% left, this battery stats are for 2 days usage :)

I had the Google services drain, i uninstalled its updates and its working well so far, with 1-2% loss overnight.
    Screenshot_2015-04-09-17-54-44.png Screenshot_2015-04-09-17-54-35.png Screenshot_2015-04-09-17-54-57.png
    I cant wait to see how oxygenOS will evolve with the next updates, but im certain that i will be waiting for them when they roll out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

ayy1892, Louluvre, wmm and 12 others like this.
  2. mihirm05
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

mihirm05 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Just like butter so smoooth and till now i havent faced any issues...not rvrn the wakelock bug..

olekbg and FalconFX like this.
  3. FalconFX
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

I see, I guess it depends on the devices usage, I always disable location completely :)

4. Holmis
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

Holmis , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Preformance is ok but got sick of spontanious boots and hangs so flashed back to CM11 and waiting for CM12 , no corperate mail to exchange is a major deal breaker too.

Best comparions must be like a clean win98,2 fast as hell but crashes and can do nothing.

bittoo likes this.
  5. mihirm05
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

mihirm05 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    My location is on battery saving always... And usage is also heavy..

FalconFX likes this.
  6. FalconFX
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

No app crashed on me here, used for 3 days straight without a reboot and it was as Smooth as first time :)

7. Holmis
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

Holmis , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Well since you disabled location and everything why not just go Nokia 3310 ;-) there is stability for you. Tried few games , some gps apps and gps base games and kept hanging and crashing so went home in tears and flashed my problems away.

;-)

koltiwa and FalconFX like this.
  8. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

FalconFX likes this.
  9. JBCJackson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2015

10. FalconFX
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

That's what im hoping for :)

LifelessLewis likes this.
  11. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

LifelessLewis , Apr 10, 2015 :
    The One gets a bit hotter too, I think it's just the components sucking up too much battery, hopefully it'll get sorted a bit in the next update :)

FalconFX likes this.
  12. FalconFX
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

I didnt notice that, i'll keep an eye on it :)

13. Jeffreyvdv3lde
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

Jeffreyvdv3lde , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Is your phone also getting hot when you use it normally, when I use OxygenOS my phone gets really hot on the right side. I reported it to the developer team, and they are looking into the problem. And there are also some missing features, maybe I don't use them all but they are there in Cyanogen OS, and this is my own opinion: I think that Cyanogen OS already gives you a Nexus like experience :) . I will stay on oxygen until the release of Cyanogen OS 12 and then I am going to flash it manually through TWRP.

FalconFX likes this.
  14. Manu Prakash Gupta
    Donut Apr 10, 2015

Manu Prakash Gupta , Apr 10, 2015 :
    same for me

LifelessLewis likes this.
  15. miizoo
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

miizoo , Apr 10, 2015 :
    I'm running Oxygen OS since launch. Will completely agree with you @FalconFX ! The best UI experience so far considering smoothness and transition between windows and apps.

The smooth experience should be seen as an feature alone. I've compared my OPO with my cousins iPhone 6 Plus and I can easily say browsing is equally smooth if not better on the OPO at times.

For it being 1.0, this ROM rox.

wizard6498, Alarsyo and FalconFX like this.
  16. miizoo
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

miizoo , Apr 10, 2015 :
    I had the heating issue the first time, then I decided to do a "Deep Clean" provided tip by @gaster which really did the job, along with the script for disabling systemupdateservice for google play services I'm having a blast with the phone with good battery life!

gaster likes this.
  17. FalconFX
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

No heating issues here on normal useb, my phone is pretty cool now.

Im still not sure if I will switch to cm12s, I had some small problems with 11s that made it irritating. So I will we the reviews on itand then decide :)

18. FalconFX
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

Exactely, and really looking forward to its future and what it holds fo us :)

miizoo likes this.
  19. Jeffreyvdv3lde
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

Jeffreyvdv3lde , Apr 10, 2015 :
    I am not going to do anything now, I am just waiting for Cyanogen OS 12. OxygenOS is really stable, but the missing features makes me deciding that I am going to flash OS 12 :)

miizoo and FalconFX like this.
  20. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

LifelessLewis , Apr 10, 2015 :
    It might not be a widespread problem, I do use a lot of xposed modules so it could be something to do with that because xposed lollipop is still in it's alpha phase. Or it could just be the ROM :p