[Review] iLLumiShield Clear Screen Protector

1. Louluvre
    Jelly Bean Oct 25, 2014

Louluvre , Oct 25, 2014 :
    Hello to all my friends.

I have done threads before but they are not so much popular (I wonder why), but for the sake of sharing & caring for the community, I decided to tell you about my experiences with my screen protector.

I buyed it from Amazon and you can find it HERE. I decided on this screen protector because of the nice reviews and the low price. So for the sake of science I'll go through every aspect that iLLumishield advertised on their product: Anti-Bubble, Scratch Resistant, Smooth Surface, Clearness and Anti-Fingerprint.

[​IMG]

Anti-Bubble: The first step of the whole process. I got to say I never in my life have I installed a screen protector, so I got somebody else to do it. All perfect, no bubbles and the install went as easy as to say WOW. No complaints on this part, you can trust them here. 10 out of 10.

Scratch Resistant: No. I wouldn't recommend this protector on this matter. I've had it for abour a month now and the thing already have some scratches here and there, and it only goes around inside my pocket damn it! 3 out of 10.

Smooth Surface: Yeah it is smooth at least for me. Some people might complain on this matter but for me it feels damn good, and I have tried other (plastic) screen protectors, by far this is the best. Maybe a tempered glass would feel better but I can't say since I haven't owned one. 7 out of 10.

Super Clear: Yes it is cristal clear. I can't tell the difference when it's on and the people around me fail to notice it too. 9 out of 10.

Anti-Fingerprint:
    No, the thing is like a magnet for grease and to make it worse my hands are greasy ones. I didn't mind it much at first but hell it is difficult (if not implossible) to get rid of that screen grease. Next I'll be buying a tempered glass of Rhino Shield with a real oleophobic coating. 1 out of 10.

So now after evaluating every aspect let's give it a General Score (I'll give it one more point since they gave me 3 and the cheap price):

7 out of 10 points.

Well, I was kinda expecting something like this. As I said earlier next I will be buying either a tempered glass or Rhino shield, with real scratch resistant and oleophobic coating.

So here it is, if you read the whole thing thx for your time and sorry I didn't upload the pics (because the screen protector is almost invisible remember lol.)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014

2. Louluvre
    Jelly Bean Oct 25, 2014

DRCH likes this.
  3. KenNicholson
    Eclair Oct 25, 2014

KenNicholson , Oct 25, 2014 :
    Yes, very helpful since I tend to buy things on Amazon anyway. So Rhino glass it is! Thanks for sharing!

Louluvre likes this.
  4. KenNicholson
    Eclair Oct 25, 2014

iCrayon and Louluvre like this.
  5. Transparant
    KitKat Oct 25, 2014

Louluvre likes this.
  6. Tronde79
    Honeycomb Oct 25, 2014

Tronde79 , Oct 25, 2014 :
    Thanks for sharing! If it has scratches allready and attracts greasy fingerprints as much as you say i would score it at 3 or 4, not a 7.

Louluvre likes this.
  7. Louluvre
    Jelly Bean Oct 25, 2014

Louluvre , Oct 25, 2014 :
    That's the overall result of all points, I would score it lower too.

8. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 25, 2014

Louluvre likes this.
  9. Toastie!
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2014

Louluvre likes this.
  10. iCrayon
    Froyo Oct 30, 2014

11. qplus7
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2015

qplus7 , Jan 27, 2015 :
    I bought the matte one and loved it for about a week. Now, after a weeks worth of usage I have 3 dust particles that got under it (they were not there when it was installed).

Installation was a pain for me. I went through 2 of them and on the last one decided to head to the mall. To my surprise 2 places would not allow me to pay them to install it - they would only install screen protectors they sold. They did not have matte/fingerprint resistant ones so I did not buy from them. I found a 3rd place that did the installation, for free, and it came out great.

Like I said, for the first week, I loved it. Now, I'm annoyed at the dust particles and looking for another solution.