[REVIEW] KiDiGi rugged case compatible charging dock for the Oneplus One

1. oscarw
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

oscarw , Nov 7, 2014 :
    Hi there! :)

Today I’m reviewing the ‘KiDiGi RUGGED CASE CHARGER SYNC CRADLE AC USB WALL DOCK FOR HTC ONE M8 (2014)’. The Micro-USB connector is inverted, so it should work perfectly with the Oneplus.

I’m Dutch so please don’t blame me for my grammatical mistakes.

Packaging
    The packaging is very simple. The dock comes in a simple, white box with a micro-USB cable, a US wall adapter and a sheet with some warning information.

[​IMG]

The Dock
    The dock itself has a nice, stylish design and looks good on your desk. I like the grey and red accents of the dock and It’ll look nice on your desk.

But that’s not the special thing about this dock. The most important thing about this dock is that it’s fully compatible with thick, rugged cases like the Otterbox Defender or the JKase Diablo for the 1+1. If you’re going to use this dock with a One with a thick case on it, you can simply remove the grey part of the dock and you’re good to go!

[​IMG]

When you remove the grey part, three things catch the eye; the raised micro-USB connector, the hole at the center and the soft grey part where the phone rests on.

First the raised micro-USB connector. The connector is raised so that you can use it with very thick, rugged cases which often don’t have a very large cutout for the USB connector. As already mentioned I like the detail of the red plastic around the connector.

[​IMG]

But what about the cases that have port covers? KiDiGi has a solution for that as well. The hole in the center provides space for the port cover that some cases have.

The dock also has a soft grey rubber-feeling part where the back of the phone (or case) rests on. In my case (pun intended) it’s a nice addition because I don’t want to scratch the back of my Rearth Ringke Fusion :)

[​IMG]

Compatibility with the OnePlus and case
    As I mentioned earlier, the dock has an inverted connector so it should work with the OnePlus.

And yes, don’t worry, it works very well with the Oneplus. The oneplus fits good in the case and the dock can handle the height of the One fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also with my case (Rearth Ringke Fusion) on does it it’s job well as you can see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But, there’s one point to mention: the One wiggles kinda easily in the dock. You can shake the phone horizontally very easily so the phone doesn’t sit very stable in the dock. I think that it shouldn’t be a problem with everyday use.

This was my review. I hope it was useful.

If you have any questions; Ask them! :)

DanDuke641, Skwij, Maximus12 and 6 others like this.
  2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 7, 2014

3. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Nov 12, 2014

vantt1 , Nov 12, 2014 :
    That extended USB connector is a really nice feature to have.

Sucks that the HTC One M8 has an off-center USB port. That would mean it will always be off center!

[​IMG]

4. oscarw
    Gingerbread Nov 12, 2014

oscarw , Nov 12, 2014 :
    No it isn't. The one sits perfectly in the center of the dock. That means the M8 will be off center if you dock it :)

5. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Nov 12, 2014

vantt1 , Nov 12, 2014 :
    Yeah, that's what I meant:

"Sucks that the HTC One M8 has an off-center USB port. That would mean it [the HTC One M8] will always be off center!"

Should've clarified that :p

6. xavosh
    Honeycomb Nov 12, 2014

oscarw likes this.
  7. JenBenj
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2015

JenBenj , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Hi Oscarw, I'm interested and I wanted to know where you had bought it.

8. oscarw
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

oscarw , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Ebay :)

9. JenBenj
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2015

10. ubermanx
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

ubermanx , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Good to know, thanks.

I was looking at this dock the other day and will now be ordering it based on this review.

Cheers,

Marty

Skwij likes this.
  11. Tarun99205
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2015

12. conundrum2501
    Froyo Jan 10, 2015

Maximus12 likes this.
  13. Maximus12
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2015