[Review] Neomemos 0.26mm SUPER SLIM (9H+) Glass Screen Protector + Bumper

1. phelix
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

phelix , Aug 8, 2014 :
    My review on the Neomemos 0.26mm tempered glass protector + Bumper

First, sorry about my English.. still learning and hopefully you guys can understand :)
    When I first received the package, I'm pleased with the packaging they design, it's so nice~
    let's the photo do the talking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The tempered glass protector
    the screen protector comes with standard accessories which helps you the apply it, it's pretty much standard so let's skip it.
    0.26mm it's slimmer than the standard you get out there which is 0.3mm, comparing to my Nexus 7 0.3mm glass protector it's much slimmer than you think, it's like a thick version of normal screen protector and that's what I like. it fits perfectly with the bumper which after I fitting both on, the screen now it's like total FLAT~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bumper
    the bumper casing uses seahorse lock (this is what they name it) instead of tiny screw, its easier to take out any time i want it. the cut off it's nicely done as they claim they are using actual phone for measurement.

the cut off part
    • headphone jack
    • the mic next to headphone jack
    • the speakers
    • the mini USB port for charging
    cheap bumper always have the issue of the cut off from headphone jack is sharp and easily cut someone hand but not this one, it's rounded and smooths, surface touches feel like iPhone 5.
    button is covered anyway and has a chrome lining surrounding it which make it more classier.

as the same with most bumper out there in market, it does not cover the camera lense.

the seahorse lock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After using it for days
    About the signal lost issue in most bumper, I do not feel any problem with it, did some speed test with case and without case, result seems got slightly bit signal drop but it's not gonna effect my life at all~
    call quality it's still very good.

The Price
    Cost me RM40+ which converted to USD shall be around USD13+ in Malaysia, sorry for foreigner that i've check through ebay and no one is selling this yet.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3315346
    if you want to know where i got it. or direct email the seller contagio.technologies@gmail.com

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014

arof, lostLambda, addam and 30 others like this.
  2. chayjeong
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

3. slackface
    Eclair Aug 8, 2014

slackface , Aug 8, 2014 :
    This looks great, thanks for sharing :)
    I'll keep a look out on various sites, if it's around $13 USD, that's a steal.

4. slackface
    Eclair Aug 9, 2014

slackface , Aug 9, 2014 :
    I must ask, does this damage the phone in any way? I've never used a metal bumper before, but the foam inside seems so small for such a big device.

Looking forward to getting one myself, if it ever finds its way to a reseller.

5. phelix
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

thefallen0ne likes this.
  6. NilsKeesmekers
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

NilsKeesmekers , Aug 9, 2014 :
    Where did you buy that screen protector? It looks a lot nicer than the Nillkin one since it doesn't have the cutout for the proximity sensor and camera (which collects a lot of dust on my unit).

7. Lukasz
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

Lukasz , Aug 9, 2014 :
    It looks really good. Thanks for sharing. Hope it will be widely available soon.

8. Baswazz
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

9. skyfail
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 9, 2014

10. memske
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2014

11. phelix
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

12. phelix
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

phelix , Aug 9, 2014 :
    Thanks all~ will test more case and put more reivew when i have extra time. cheersssss

thefallen0ne likes this.
  13. phelix
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

phelix , Aug 9, 2014 :
    which angle you want to take a look?? show some sample photo.

14. skyfail

skyfail , Aug 9, 2014 :
    @phelix Considering how big the phone is,does adding a bumper further increases the dynamics ? I mean if it gets bigger there's more difficulty of holding it thus increasing the probability of the phone falling.

15. navidplusone
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

navidplusone , Aug 9, 2014 :
    As I can see when putting it face down on the table, the screen is touching the table, isn't it?
    That's not so good!

16. phelix
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

phelix , Aug 9, 2014 :
    basically even with other casing if dropping the phone (while the screen facing the floor) it will break eventually(only otto casing can give you full protection).

but if the phone dropping while the edge or corner of it touch the ground first i would say it's pretty safe and that is why i choose casing because i can still be able to touch and see the whole phone without covering the beauty of it.

17. phelix
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

phelix , Aug 9, 2014 :
    erm... that is a 9H+ toughness of the glass protector, i try scratch it with keys and many stuff it just don't scratch a little on my daily usage. and yes i did put the screen facing down on table and it's still good.

18. navidplusone
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

navidplusone , Aug 9, 2014 :
    Yes,that's right but I want a bumper just to survive the time I drop my phone. I know about the tempered glass screen protector but if you drop it face down something bad seems probable to happen,that's why despite the great look of this bumper, it's not my choice.Anyway,it's a personal opinion
    P.S: you speak English really good :)

19. phelix
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

phelix , Aug 9, 2014 :
    :oops: Thank you.
    yeah that's more into personal preferences instead of functionality of the bumper. LOL
    OPO is really good looking phone which i want everybody to see it. :cool:

20. skyfail