[REVIEW] Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Anti-Scratch Screen Protector

1. Kokorone
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

Kokorone , Jul 23, 2014 :
    IMG_20140715_191828.jpg IMG_20140715_191833.jpg image.jpeg image (1).jpeg

Hello! This is my review for the Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Anti-Scratch Screen Protector for OnePlus One that I purchased to keep my screen from getting microscratches etc.

I'll add some links to buy this protector a little later on, but for now you can find it on amazon or ebay easily with a quick search.

First Impressions: I really liked the packaging for the protector. The glass protector itself was tucked away in a suspended plastic chamber so that it wouldn't break during shipping. The kit came with a cleaning cloth, a wet wipe, dry wipe, a removal sticker, a dust removal sticker, and another larger dust removal sticker. This is my first glass screen protector so I was surprised by the lack of a squeegee.

Application: Whenever I apply a screen protector, I make sure that there is ZERO dust in the air or on the display. When removing the backing to the glass protector, always hold the sticky side down to prevent airbourne dust from settling on it. I use a can of compressed air to blow off the remaining lint after the rub down with the wet wipe, dry wipe, and cleaning cloth. Lining the protector up was as simple as just making sure the speaker grill and cutout were parallel and letting the protector drop onto the screen. No bubbles or dust under the screen presented themselves. Fantastic.

Fit: I would have preferred if the protector did not have as large of a cutout for the speaker grill and camera as it would have made it easier on the eyes, but the nature of the cutout makes it pretty easy to clean.

Hardness: I sliced the heck out of the front of this protector with a few bolts and a pocket-knife. As you can see, not a scratch to be seen!

Texture: The glass feels even smoother than the original device glass

Fingerprinting: The protector has a coating on it, so fingerprints will have to work hard to leave lasting smudges. Wipes clean of fingerprints that do stay in one swipe.

Fit with a Case: I put my case that I reviewed here https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/review-torras-aluminum-bumper-case.51684/ on at the same time with no issues with the fit. The glass is just the right size to cover the whole display, but not interrupt how cases fit. A+

Conclusion: This is a great screen protector. It could use a bit better design with the cutout but it causes minimal disruption. The texture is great and it will protect my phone from countless mishaps.

I did this in a hurry so I'll be adding onto it later. Expect changes

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014

2. Surge
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

Surge , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review, giving me a more better idea of the better screen protectors.

3. Raine
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

Raine , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Ugh, you're so lucky to have applied it perfectly in one go...Everything's perfect on mine with the exception of this random air bubble in the corner that's pissing me off >>;; And having an effect on my OCD-ness. It was midnight, I just plastered it on XD Congrats!

badger1000, kingrthurj and blyndfyre like this.
  4. czar4you
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2014

czar4you , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Funny thing is that, i just ordered this one from eBay 10min ago before coming across this post. I want to be ready for when i get my OPO.

Thanks for a review...

Magic_Man12 likes this.
  5. Kazekumiho
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2014

Kazekumiho , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I like your reviews, they are very thorough and clear. Keep up the good work!

toaster118 likes this.
  6. Hanzalah
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

HMusa likes this.
  7. iTrollz
    KitKat Jul 23, 2014

iTrollz , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Nicely detailed. Thanks for the post. I ordered a 9H tempered glass protector as well, but not Nillkin. Hope it lasts a very long time. :):D

8. slackergts
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

slackergts , Jul 23, 2014 :
    this is likely the one i was going to get, along with the bumper too! thanks for being thorough.
    i agree that the cutout is an eyesore, but function first with these things

9. FredMo
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014

FredMo , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Excellent review! The annoying camera cutout annoyed the bejesus out of me too, so I'm glad it wasn't just me who didn't like that part! Anyways, thankfully I did a bit of hunting around, and I managed to find an almost identical one without that annoying camera hole. It was Amazon who saved the day in the end, as they had one by a company called Orzly that is 0.24mm aswell. The Nilkin one I had was pretty easy to install, but I think the Orzly one stuck better. I had literally zero issues with bubbles this time.

10. ibaim
    Froyo Jul 23, 2014

ibaim , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Was the package shipped from China? How long did it take to get to you.

Also, what is your location?

11. Kokorone
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

ibaim likes this.
  12. ibaim
    Froyo Jul 23, 2014

ibaim , Jul 23, 2014 :
    When I initially got a Nexus 5, I bought my first tempered glass screen protector from Spigen. The damn thing cost $40.

Just placed an order for the OPO and a Nillkin screen protector. Hopefully the quality is on par with the Spigen one.

13. kingrthurj
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2014

kingrthurj , Aug 30, 2014 :
    The exact same thing happened to me literally moments ago...then when i tried to fix it dust got under it but I couldn't get it from under there...then it broke :/

14. Joeychanchan
    Honeycomb Aug 30, 2014

15. I5core
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

16. 0906079
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2014

17. phouse59
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2014

phouse59 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review. I'm looking for a tempered glass protector and this is very helpful.

18. paul yazbeck
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2014

19. Eldano
    Eclair Sep 22, 2014

Eldano , Sep 22, 2014 :
    No there is not. I think that blue line is only there to give you a better understanding for what actually constitutes the screen protector.

paul yazbeck likes this.
  20. paul yazbeck
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2014

paul yazbeck , Sep 23, 2014 :
    Ok, thanks a lot!