1. elanglois
    Lollipop Feb 1, 2019

elanglois , Feb 1, 2019 :
    oh. I don't know. and maybe I quoted the wrong person. Sorry

otto2 likes this.
  2. AP1+6T
    Eclair Feb 1, 2019

AP1+6T , Feb 1, 2019 :
    since it's future generations smart TV, I would suggest make it in that way. i.e camera,mic,3d,flux technology. etc..

...j and Vignesh_Gunasekaran like this.
  3. alessiodales
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2019

4. otto2
    Lollipop Feb 2, 2019

otto2 , Feb 2, 2019 :
    Wow Wow Wow. 8k TV. Bigger better ... oh wait- Do this 60 inch plus size screens fit in your flat? Shal we rent or buy a bigger flat just for the sake of a "dedicated TV room"? As mentioned before: There s still a small amount of content produced (!!!) in 4 k, many people can be glad to get a TV signal in 1080p full HD.
    5G internet connection- but there are many countries, where providers are counting the Data and once you get over the data limit, you ll get a EDGE transfer speed. (Works just for text messages- sometimes)

Retractable/ foldable/ rollable displays ? We got a kind of right now- look at some 4 k beamer beaming picture on a wall .

So where s the "Killer application" ? OK, better Google lens glasses , maybe, but there s a problem with the immersion and the cinema - community feeling,where everybody is looking same movie together at same time. Laughes at same moment ...

What do you think- will 8 k really change everything? When and where would you watch a 8k movie? How much would you pay for it? OK, here we got a lot of tech enthusiast- please ask yourself, what would your friends and parents etc. be able and willing to pay for it? Producing content and transferring the data will be way more expensive , so what kind of content would you watch and pay the extra amount for it?

Going out on the streets i see many young people watching movies and other content on their mobile phones, in trains, in airplanes ,in cars. OK, modern times. Personally i prefer to watch a good (!) movie in a cinema,since there i can concentrate on the movie and get the best possible immersion . But i m an old guy, way older than many users here, i can hear the bad sound quality of many streamed mp3 files, can see the artifacts in videos caused by data transfer issues. And i do not like this.

If there will be some oneplus TV product, how will it fit into the real world? The world of small flats, a limited amount of money and mobile data? A world of DRM and a big mass of bad quality content where it s really hard to find a really good movie, not the boring ones from Hollywood etc. highly recommended by paid Youtubers reviewers ?

5. Intruder71
    Lollipop Feb 2, 2019

Intruder71 , Feb 2, 2019 :
    I wouldn't buy a oneplus TV if they were ten pounds, the company is no longer trustworthy god knows what snooping software that would contain..

malidan likes this.
  6. mit2nil
    Froyo Feb 3, 2019

mit2nil , Feb 3, 2019 :
    TV industry is dead. Pushing 8k when average consumer can't make distinction between 4k n 8k rrsolution. Sky high price for decent screen size and quality while not much quality content. There is no standard tv OS, no standard way of getting content, budget tv panels are hard to move and so delicate that touching itself can cause damage.

Future is going to be VR. You will be able to watch on any size screen, placed in any background with same technologies we know and love from smartphone world.

TV will be around as a center of living room and family viewing but there won't be any excitement for average consumer to buy new TVs. Ask yourself, how long did you wait after buying your first tv to get another one...

otto2 likes this.
  7. Fursan Afzal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2019

Fursan Afzal , Feb 4, 2019 :
    vr sucks today.

Mr.Llama and otto2 like this.
  8. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Feb 4, 2019

Seagal_aikikai , Feb 4, 2019 :
    Nice for this new thread! I'm very excited about the idea of an OnePlus TV! Don't forget the sound quality of the TV that is most of time "forgotten" by brands... The sound is a very important thing! For the software the OxigenOS will be amazing for sure and I will be happy with the possibility of controlling the TV with an app from OnePlus. "never settle"

Todd W. likes this.
  9. G_sumit_kumar_WEXw
    Donut Feb 5, 2019

G_sumit_kumar_WEXw , Feb 5, 2019 :
    i think 4k is more then enough for now. but it should have oled panel and HDR with least possible price as oneplus mobiles.

Todd W. and otto2 like this.
  10. Oddvar Ashborn
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

Oddvar Ashborn , Feb 5, 2019 :
    I agree, 8K would be a futile improvement which would just raise the price with no real benefit. OnePlus should focus on making a Smart TV at a competitive lower price just like their phones.
    I'm waiting for them to make one before upgrading my TV so... OnePlus, make me/us proud.

G_sumit_kumar_WEXw, Todd W. and otto2 like this.
  11. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Feb 10, 2019

Todd W. , Feb 10, 2019 :
    I like this review more than any reporter's. Critical and consumer oriented thinking. We had the same concern on the future technologies, 8K and rollables, some are really industry/supplier driven trends, where samsung and LG still lead the TV industry;
    We wish to bring people back to the basic and simple demand of watching a TV and once again challenge the "old" industry.

12. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Feb 10, 2019

Todd W. , Feb 10, 2019 :
    I agree that TV industry has been sluggish, well, there are still much potentials in TV market to be discovered, since major brands really played it in a wrong way, boring function, price competition...I am not sure about the future of VR, still not enough application and content support to it up to date.

otto2 likes this.
  13. Hiram_Mwangi
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

Hiram_Mwangi , Feb 10, 2019 :
    Am looking forward to you unveiling the features of this OnePlus tv. am also looking out for these features in the upcoming OnePlus Tv.
    1. seamless connectivity with the already existing OnePlus gadgets like the bullet wireless, and mobile devices.

2. Easy software customizations to the user preferences

3. quick software updates.

On a different note, have you considered stocking these lovely products in Africa and specifically Kenya. We always go out of the way to import these products.

kindly look into this.

Hiram.

Seagal_aikikai and Todd W. like this.
  14. i.m.vvk
    Gingerbread Feb 10, 2019

i.m.vvk , Feb 10, 2019 :
    8K is still in its early developments... Hell we haven't even finished with 4K yet. If you want to capture the TV market as you guys did with the smartphone market... this is the time.
    32 43 49 55 65... These should be the target, with all having LED 4K UHD and should be HDR10 capable. If IPS LCD is possible like the Sanyo TVs then you ve cracked the picture department.
    For sound, a good set of 10watt output in-built speakers are more than enough as everyone gets external speakers anyways.
    Another important aspect is the I/O. 3 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports with practical and easy to reach placements even if wall mounted. LAN, ethernet, aux, and all other necessary ports.
    About the software part, if Android TV then try to make the boot time fast and the 4K picture upscaling should be good.
    Then comes the pricing,
    32 - 360$
    43 - 570$
    49 - 675$
    55 - 785$
    65 - 930$

15. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Feb 11, 2019

Todd W. , Feb 11, 2019 :
    Interesting, how did you calculate the pricing at the exact number?

otto2 likes this.
  16. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Feb 11, 2019

Todd W. , Feb 11, 2019 :
    Thank you Hiram! Question, how do you want to customize softwares on your smart TV?
    and where do you usually get your OnePlus phone?

otto2 likes this.
  17. i.m.vvk
    Gingerbread Feb 11, 2019

i.m.vvk , Feb 11, 2019 :
    I researched on TVs with similar specs (although not the exact specifications desired in my post) the moment i heard the news about Oneplus TV. I checked the cost of manufacturing through some vague sources available, thanks to google . I referred to VU, SANYO, XIAOMI, TCL, SHINCO. Each of which had their own shortcomings but provided OnePlus overcomes them with minimal advertising like they did with their initial products like the OnePlus one and two, majorly focusing on the quality of product and word of mouth publicity with ofcourse YouTube. I m sure they ll be able to capture a great market share as they already have a giant fanbase and an established community.
    But again, just an estimate by a 3rd year engineering student with a craze for OnePlus products ‍♂️.

otto2, Seagal_aikikai and Todd W. like this.
  18. G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha
    Eclair Feb 12, 2019

G_Chaudhry_Muhammad_Taha , Feb 12, 2019 :
    Maybe 4K resolution is sufficient for now but 8K will benefit in the future if someone wants to buy an 8K TV for long term.
    Also I think micro-LED tech is more preferable for TV because it produces high brightness and popping colors like OLED and at the same time it doesn't suffer from Screen Burn-in issue which is very lethal for OLED TV's.
    Because the channel name, for example, is always shown at the same place or if you play games on it then for a specific game, specific content is displayed at a same place which causes burn-in.
    So, I really hope that OnePlus goes with micro-LED tech with both 4K and 8K TV's.

Predict23 and Todd W. like this.
  19. Todd W.
    TV Product Marketing Staff Member Feb 13, 2019

Todd W. , Feb 13, 2019 :
    Good work!! Thanks for sharing with us. TV industry has some significant differences from mobile phone, key functions, user base, shopping experience and etc. We wish to see another success after OnePlus one, and we need more effort and idea on engaging people use, play and watch TV more often at home.

otto2 and i.m.vvk like this.
  20. Aathif_Mahir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 13, 2019

Todd W. likes this.