Review of Dayjoy aluminum bumper/frame.

1. Max Harry Johnson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2014

Max Harry Johnson , Jul 26, 2014 :
    This bumper is made by Dayjoy and I bought it for $20 shipped from Amazon. They have different color options. It's not the best material, the aluminum alloy does sort of flex easily, but once you installed and screwed it in, it feel pretty sturdy.

There is a small issue, since the material isn't fully stiff, if the sides aren't 100% straight, when you press on the power button, you may feel the whole side move a tiny bit with it, which is annoying. To fix this, you can unscrew the bumper and very lightly bend each sides inward in order to reduce the gaps and have it fit more snugly. You don't want to put too much force though to bend it out of shape.

The edge is raised not more than 1mm than the actual screen, so it is still not safe to drop it imo, a tempered glass screen protector is still needed. It does provide more significant protection for side drops.

The phone is less comfortable to hold with it, the edge may dig at your ear when you are making a call but it isn't sharp by any means.

The only few pluses with this bumper is improved side drops protection and nicer look. Also you can glide your phone across a flat surface without scratching the screen. I think it should be $5 less for what it's worth.

4 out of 5, mainly because it look nice.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014

tverbrug, GREGDL08, pH7 and 2 others like this.
  2. Joeychanchan
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

shinyatanaka likes this.
  3. nerdhelpdesk
    Froyo Jul 26, 2014

nerdhelpdesk , Jul 26, 2014 :
    I bought one of these on eBay for 6 dollars or so. Its really a "hold me over" case until i see one i really like. I'm a big fan of bumper cases but unfortunately this design is really the only one available currently. A TPU bumper would be perfect.

19dolev and slackergts like this.
  4. Max Harry Johnson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2014

Max Harry Johnson , Jul 26, 2014 :
    Guess I should have seen the one on eBay sooner, but this one have have the metal button overlay, the cheaper one on eBay have a cut out the buttons will be more difficult to reach.

5. eyyaz
    Froyo Jul 26, 2014

6. slackergts
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2014

slackergts , Jul 26, 2014 :
    I did the use thing for the same reasons. Just gonna wait it out

7. shinyatanaka
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

Howy and Joeychanchan like this.
  8. JoshD422
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

JoshD422 , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Thanks for this write up. Hopefully more folks will do the same as they try out different cases and accessories. That way we all can benefit.

9. Pablo1986
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2014

Abrar540 likes this.
  10. aluzcz
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2014

aluzcz , Sep 12, 2014 :
    Cool stuff ordering one right after the One will land, i found them on the oppo markt for about 20usd, but i guess there will be additinonal shipping so i went for some more searching and i found them on ebay for very cheap, even in some "packages" for oneplus one with screen protector, battery pack and so on :) maybe they are "fake" but if it will be from the same material and if it will fit i dont care, it costs about 11usd with free shipping.

11. Abrar540
    Froyo Jan 26, 2015