Review on XtremeGuard Case, Screen Protectors, Back Vinyl [90%off]

1. Crisisx1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2014

Crisisx1 , Nov 19, 2014 :
    So I placed a pretty big order with XtremeGuard with their 90% off coupon.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/90-off-at-extremeguard-com-real.175928/

I received all of my stuff. I paid for it Nov 10th, and got it today.. so fairly fast shipping (~6-7 business days)

The packaging: It was okay I guess. Not the best considering flimsy film is inside it that can get bent and not be used. But they did put the screen protectors in another harder plastic casing so they came out in good condition.
    [​IMG]

The Contents: I got 2 HD screen protectors, 2 wet application screen protectors, 1 back and front cover protectors, 1 black carbon fiber back cover, 1 white carbon fiber back cover, 1 black case, 1 earphones, 1 aux cable, 1 usb cable. Everything was packaged pretty nicely. Also they packed some alcohol wipes. All of the SP's had instructions for them.
    [​IMG]

I'll start with the headphones: I like the cord, it's flat. Similar to the cord of the OPO usb charger. It doesn't get tangled. At first listen, the headphones sounded way too bassy. After playing around with the settings in AudioFX they were not that bad.
    [​IMG]

Screen Protectors: I have not applied any of them yet... only test fit on top of the screen. The HD (dry install) look really nice and fit good. The only thing I am not a fan of is the ear speaker and front camera cutout is one long continuous cutout. It might of been better if they did two separate cutouts for the speaker grille and the front camera. The wet install SP I probably will not be a fan on. The material feels a bit ''rubbery''. I'm sure it's very durable.
    Here is a pic of the HD SP: (not sure if you can see it lol)
    [​IMG]

Carbon Fiber Back Vinyl (Black And White): Looks and feels nice. The back camera and mic (?) cutout is in one piece. What I do not like is there is no 1+ Logo cutout. The fit seems to be good (have not applied it yet)
    Pics: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aux Cable: Have not used it... but looks to be nice.
    [​IMG]

The Case: Fits the phone very well. I will use it til I can find a bumper case. After that I probably won't touch it again. I just love bumper only cases. Used one on my Nexus 4 for almost two years and they are awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Conclusion: Everything was so cheap with the 90% off code so I was not expecting to be WOWED by anything. They say you get what you paid for. The best things I think I got from this was the HD Screen protectors, the case, and the CF back covers.
    I would not pay their full advertizing price for anything so check for these huge % off codes.
    I will be installing the HD SP soon so I can give a better update on that.

KingKrusha, onogram, Miraries and 2 others like this.
  2. peteryu
    KitKat Nov 19, 2014

gusuraman and stephenlotus like this.
  3. Crisisx1

Okay... so I applied the HD dry install SP and I have to say I love it.
    The fit is amazing. Everything is perfect except the top piece where the cutout is. I am thinking of making my own cut to eliminate the bubble.

The screen protector feels very smooth and it actually feels more ''glassy'' then when it was naked. It's weird to explain. My fingers glide much easier now.

I could have positioned the SP a millimeter more down for an even more precise and better fit.. but oh well. (the top edge i put too close so there is a slight gap at the bottom edge)

Here are pics of the edges, top and bottom:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gusuraman likes this.
  4. Dukedo
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2014

Dukedo , Nov 19, 2014 :
    I bought the tempered glass SP from them. Now just need my phone to be delivered.

Crisisx1 likes this.
  5. Crisisx1

So I was wondering how I can make the case look a bit better.. looked too plain for me..
    So I thought why not put the black carbon fiber vinyl I got on it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Miraries
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2014

Miraries , Nov 20, 2014 :
    I was looking for the case review when the 90% discount was available, but couldn't find one. Here it is, thanks, but the discount is 80% now :D and I'd have to pay for the shipping.
    I was wondering how does it compare to the diztronic one, but I guess you couldn't know that...

Popparoks and Crisisx1 like this.
  7. reggiexp
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2014

reggiexp , Dec 1, 2014 :
    im thinking of geting a case of ebay. in red and put black or white carbon on it.
    dont like the black one black. i would like white case with black carbon

8. Miraries
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2014

Miraries , Dec 1, 2014 :
    Well, it's 90% again, kinda.
    But, to be honest, a website whose products are constantly 80-90% off doesn't sound convenient.

reggiexp likes this.
  9. flyaway718
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2015

flyaway718 , Jan 18, 2015 :
    How's the charging cable? How is I comparing to OEM speed?

10. jvalletta
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2015

11. Mztech
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2015

12. KingKrusha
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2015

KingKrusha , Jan 18, 2015 :
    Great pics and you were very detailed in the description of your items.

Crisisx1 likes this.
  13. Spectre51
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2015

Spectre51 , Jan 18, 2015 :
    Their tempered glass protectors are very nice. Especially when they have their 90% off sales.

KingKrusha likes this.
  14. Phantom77anto
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2015

15. alxndrs
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2015

alxndrs , Jan 18, 2015 :
    I bought their tempered glass for $4.50 and that was 85% code, so this must be lower.

16. prodigy4299
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2015

prodigy4299 , Jan 18, 2015 :
    Good call! That way you don't have to commit yourself to a carbon look on the back cover. Hard to believe I actually had not thought of that before... ;)

Crisisx1 likes this.
  17. Crisisx1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2015

Crisisx1 , Jan 18, 2015 :
    Thanks
    I have not yet tested...sorry

I do not understand the question.. What plain one?

18. henildoo
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2015

19. jvalletta
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2015

jvalletta , Jan 22, 2015 :
    i mean compared to the standard case from OP - like the clear one - wanted to know if it was maybe a bit thicker as it seems the camera lens is like oh, barely recessed on the standard - non-flip clear case I got from OP when i go my OPO - want a super durable case -pref waterproof, but doesn't look like anyone makes one yet, but if you know of one - please post link

20. digitalfrog
    Donut Jul 27, 2015