[REVIEW] OnePlus Cases! OEM, Nillkin, Diztronic and more! (Pics heavy!)

1. JangoJohn
    Froyo Aug 13, 2014

JangoJohn , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Thanks for all the pics! having a very hard time on choosing which one i want. i am thinking the diztronic and the aluminum bumper. thanks again!

roderickh likes this.
  2. Traverse6
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2014

Traverse6 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    So Diztronic or Nillkin? I can't say am in love w/ the way they all look but it would be a stop-gap solution for me until Spigen SGP develops a case for the 1+1. ;)

3. rohitanand
    KitKat Aug 13, 2014

roderickh likes this.
  4. manthan
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

roderickh likes this.
  5. AgentTran
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

AgentTran , Aug 13, 2014 :
    how does the diztronic feel in the hand? will it work with a nilikin temper glass?
    also is access to buttons good?

roderickh likes this.
  6. roderickh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2014

roderickh , Aug 13, 2014 :
    I also believe it is really smooth, but regardless it is still the grippiest out of all the cases I have (if you exclude the aluminium bumper :) )

I somewhat agree with you about the nillkin. I also have had first hand experience with the white backplate, way smoother and grippy amazingly!

Glad it helped (somewhat)! If I were you I'd get both and switch from time to time :)

My vote stays with Diztronic (it's my daily driver!) The sense of security it gives is definitely more prominent than the nillkin :) I'm also hoping that Spigen creates a hybrid case!

You're welcome man, glad it helped :)

Yay! Glad you like the photos man :)

It feels really good albeit a little 'thicker' than other cases. Unsure about the nillkin tempered glass but I have a godosmith tempered glass and it works just fine :)

Scarchee likes this.
  7. Traverse6
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2014

My only gripe w/ Diztronic is that it seems flimsy and rubbery on the vids I've seen. But I will trust you. ;)

8. roderickh

Haha here's hoping that I'm not gonna be blamed later on >_<

9. Traverse6
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2014

That right there is pure blackmail material. :p

roderickh likes this.
  10. Bolgin
    Donut Aug 13, 2014

Bolgin , Aug 13, 2014 :
    What I have seen so far, the only case that is worth mentioning is the Diztronic Matte TPU Case.
    User reviews are great, case looks quite neat and sturdy. The only catch is the shipping price to Europe (Czech Rep.) Shipment cost for 10$ worth case is 25$ which is quite absurd and ruins the bargain.

Have you guys managed to get the case for more reasonable price in Europe?

11. Thephoneofphones
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2014

Thephoneofphones , Aug 13, 2014 :
    I have it too but find it very slippery. I wish the texture was wrapped around the sides as that's where I grip the phone. I just ordered the Diztronic as it seem to be the best protection and is well made. It will be here in a week or two.

roderickh likes this.
  12. AgentTran
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

AgentTran , Aug 13, 2014 :
    is it like a more smooth finish? something I can pop in my pocket easily? don't want a rubber finish that whenever I put in my pocket the case gets ripped off due to friction.

13. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Aug 13, 2014

ChrisTerp , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Thanks for the background info. Ended up getting the Tudia Clear TPU case myself. $6.00 case + $4.99 shipping via Amazon seller.

Was leaning towards the Diztronic but someone commented that the red color was already rubbing off.

This will be initial case just to protect OnePlus One device. Would prefer a cover that has open slots for buttons (ease of use + at least lets out some of the retained heat from device being covered); waiting to see what comes out in the future and to see how good style swap covers from OnePlus turn out. Contemplating the Kevlar style swap.

Thanks again for the research. Greatly appreciated.

14. roderickh

Yea it is rather smooth with a matte finish. I haven't found any issues with friction, the case really fits snug so I wouldn't think it'd get ripped off due to friction even.. but then again I barely wear tight pants :)

Oh wow can you please show me the diztronic rubbing off? I'd love to see it!
    But yeah, i'm also holding out for major manufacturers to create cases for it. Buttons wise I personally prefer the feel of it when the aluminium bumper is on, but there isn't much protection. Trade off I guess.

ChrisTerp likes this.
  15. Deactivated User
    Aug 13, 2014

roderickh likes this.
  16. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Aug 13, 2014

ChrisTerp , Aug 13, 2014 :
    I read it in one of the forum members threads on their review of cases. Sorry, don't recall who wrote it but you can try a forum search yourself. Prefer going naked with devices but with no local service centers to handle repairs I just figure to play it safe now with a case.

roderickh likes this.
  17. aaziz
    Donut Aug 14, 2014

aaziz , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Do you know if a screen protector would fit with the generic TPU? I've heard it works with the diztronic

18. roderickh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2014

roderickh , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Well in my case with the Godosmith protector, it works with all the cases I have. :)

19. guvguvnor
    Eclair Aug 14, 2014

guvguvnor , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Just received Nillkin Frosted Shield (black). Good fit, looks good and good price, but surprisingly slippery and the screen protector shows fingerprints up. Button access is okay. Case does slightly restrict access to screen near the edges, though that could be my clumsy thumb.

Thephoneofphones likes this.
  20. antoine5978
    Donut Aug 14, 2014

antoine5978 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    I realy think that the best case is the one who comes from the official store seriously, so thine and elegant

roderickh likes this.