[Review] OnePlus One: A Look at Everything Audio

1. wilmarsaly
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2014

wilmarsaly , Dec 7, 2014 :
    What's your definition of short? Great review anyway!

2. windowsboot
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2014

windowsboot , Dec 12, 2014 :
    My 1+1/OPO with JBL j88 or my old Pioneer SA-608 with Technics SB-4500 speakers (Vintage/Hi-Fi set) sounds freaking amazing.
    Really liking it so far. :)

3. eckynikki
    Donut Dec 15, 2014

eckynikki , Dec 15, 2014 :
    Can u please let me know if there is a way to change FX audio with some other Good Equilizers...for Good.....
    I also need ur comments on the Audio Processor 1+ has.... Thanks in Advance....

4. MAYAJOEPA.
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2014

MAYAJOEPA. , Dec 31, 2014 :
    I have an E18 amp/dac.

but.... wont work without a third party player. so not compatible through USB.
    i had to pay 10US for a pro amp player which works but very very buggy.

anyone have other options????
    thanks

5. Airsmith
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2014

6. Mar1030
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2014

7. ekrazit
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2015

ekrazit , Jan 3, 2015 :
    I'm experiencing one extremely annoying problem when I'm listening to my music on my OnePlus and I've been desperately trying to get rid of it unsuccessfully for some time now...I'm no expert so this might sound stupid but anytime I'm listening to music, (either via headphones or the phone is connected to external speakers or not connected to anything at all) and a song with really high tones plays, the volume of the song is decreased when the tone starts and then after the tone is over it goes immediately up - this might happen like a 100 times per song which is extremely annoying. It seems like the phone is trying to prevent me from hearing damage but I have turned off the safe headset volume option a long time ago with no result and that only helps with headphones anyway.

I'm using the Poweramp app as a music player, but I have tried many others and I've had the same issue, so it's not a problem of the app. I've been searching for an solution online for weeks now but nobody seems to have had this issue with their OnePlus, or any other phone for that matter. Can somebody please help me or refer me to somebody who could help? I would be immensely grateful, otherwise it looks like I will have to go back to listening music form my ipod, which would be a great shame...

honeybee likes this.
  8. lonemoon
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2015

9. stoplok
    Froyo Jan 9, 2015

stoplok , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I agree 100% with the review. Also, you might want to pay for the Neutron Music Player. Quite pricey and very ugly UI but it is a league better than Poweramp in terms of audio quality.

10. sehtab
    Donut Jan 9, 2015

11. saikavuru
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2015

12. stoplok
    Froyo Jan 9, 2015

stoplok , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Download Neutron Music player. You have to pay for it but it has this Normalization option that I think will fix your problem. Basically it adjusts the Preamp of all your songs so that it would have equal volume and all the details in the frequency range will be heard. Ugly UI but the best audio experience. Better than Poweramp by a mile with the right headphones

13. aravindsbabu
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2015

14. techstroke
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2015

techstroke , Jan 14, 2015 :
    I got my OPO 2 days ago and tell you everything's great except for headphone audio quality, I have a cowon em1 in-ear earphones which work great with my rooted Galaxy Note 1 GT-N7000 and audio quality is clean and awesome , but on OPO I get very poor audio quality, specially the bass is altogether very low and muddy, like listening those loudspeakers which are used to address large public , I'm really disappointed thinking of returning it back and getting a Galaxy S4 just because of audio quality issues, although pumping up bass and making some changes in audioFX fixes things a bit but still it's not that good, anyone else having similar problem ?

JElder likes this.
  15. hschoebel
    Cupcake Feb 6, 2015

hschoebel , Feb 6, 2015 :
    @Martinrm , Thanks for the review.

Quick follow up: Did you also test the speakerphone? Looked through about half the pages of the thread and didn't fine a reference to it.

Great news on voice and earpiece clarity and the sound processing.

16. gmbaig
    Honeycomb Feb 6, 2015

gmbaig , Feb 6, 2015 :
    To be honest I use my Sony headphones and try altering the audio fx but cannot feel much difference. Basically it's a good audio solution but not too exotic.

17. Irukandgi
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2015

Irukandgi , Feb 9, 2015 :
    When recording video at a concert (metal bands, e.t.c.) sound is always distored.
    Unsuitable for listening. Is this a normal behaviour or my One works wrong?

P.S. Sorry for my poor english skills =\

18. wingzero253
    Honeycomb Feb 26, 2015

wingzero253 , Feb 26, 2015 :
    just tried the opo with the sennheiser HD 600. the headphones are 300 Ohm and the opo can power them up

19. mreddy
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2015

20. Deepa Tarak
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2015

Deepa Tarak , Apr 4, 2015 :
    The one plus one call audio is really bad. So many threads on the forum about distortion during audio call. I myself have had call audio issues and despite service centre visits its has not been resolves. So i feel one plus one is a bad phone that doesnt function as a phone and then fixes given dont work