48.7%
  7. Pebble

12.8%
  8. Other

12.8%
  1. rguarascia
    Jelly Bean Dec 27, 2014

rguarascia , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Recently with Christmas passing and gifts received; I have landed myself two wicked items. A 64Gb Sandstone Black OPO (I spent hours and hours and finally got my invite) and a Galaxy Gear (First Gen because they look better). Upon opening my Gear I knew it wouldn't be easy to get it working and running with my OPO but nonetheless I did and might I say, it is beautiful. I don't know which is more beautiful, the Gear or the phone.

[​IMG]

I installed the Gear Manger and all the packages needed to get it working with a non-Samsung phone and after a day of use I updated it to the newest Tizen OS, which really helped with notifications. I originally had ATN Manger installed before the update and that works... okay but it does have many bugs that weren't ironed out.

[​IMG]

The notifications for hangouts works perfectly fine thanks to the new Tizen OS. The only downfall is that you cannot reply to SMS or any other notifications. You can "View on Device" but S-Voice, Messaging and Email does not work, due to the lack of ports for these apps you cannot install them on a non-Samsung device. [​IMG]

The newest update is V700XXUCNF1 and this is what I am running. You cannot update Via Gear manger so Kies V3 is required for updating. Battery life I felt is a little disappointing. I run through the battery is a day easy. this could be caused by me not having a Samsung device - with no battery menu I cannot pin-point the problem. The Gear manger does crash a lot and most of the tabs create problems. You cannot install new apps through Samsung Apps Store, obviously, so the watch needs to be rooted which means you can manually install APK's for more watch faces and apps.

[​IMG]

All-in-all I love the OPO and the Gear and don't see me giving up them anytime soon. I might root my watch to install APK's because the media controller does not work which is a feature I fell in-love with. Also a calculator would be handy. As far as camera, it takes amazing pictures for a 1.9 megapixel camera and the transfer works perfect! Contacts, calling and dial works also.[​IMG]

I recommend the Gear and OPO to anyone out there. If you want me to do a tutorial on how I synced my OPO with the Gear just leave a comment and I will gladly do so.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014

eranm5, EpicSwirly and gaster like this.
  2. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2014

handheld_addict , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Nice. I can't see any of your pictures, they are only showing up as broken links for me, but the info is good. I was messing around with a Gear watch on my Nexus 5 awhile back.

3. rguarascia
    Jelly Bean Dec 27, 2014

rguarascia , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Fixed the photos.

4. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2014

handheld_addict , Dec 27, 2014 :
    Yeah, much better now. Pics look great.

The last time i kept up with Gear, it was using Android, that's how I used it with my N5, manually installing a bunch of packages and using ATN. But I found it kinda messy and recently uninstalled all of it. Sounds like Gear manager is working for you, I couldn't do much with it before.

5. rguarascia
    Jelly Bean Jan 2, 2015

6. Zyr0
    Froyo Jun 4, 2015

7. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2015

8. rguarascia
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2015

rguarascia , Jun 4, 2015 :
    I would say, 1-2 times a day.

9. sfomin
    Nougat Jun 4, 2015

sfomin , Jun 4, 2015 :
    I asked him the same thing. Its his school wifi.

10. rguarascia
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2015

rguarascia , Jun 4, 2015 :
    My College is bae.

11. sfomin
    Nougat Jun 4, 2015

sfomin , Jun 4, 2015 :
    Bettern than mine. I had 30/30 speed in school.

12. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2015

13. rguarascia
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2015

14. ih8c0ldweath3r
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2015

ih8c0ldweath3r , Jun 4, 2015 :
    Just got a g watch r for $99 new. I have had a LOT of watches and have to say the G Watch R is really great!

15. Cubanlu
    Froyo Jun 4, 2015

16. Cubanlu
    Froyo Jun 4, 2015

Cubanlu , Jun 4, 2015 :
    which $99 smart watch would you recomend for a OPO phone?

17. ih8c0ldweath3r
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2015

ih8c0ldweath3r , Jun 4, 2015 :
    Moto 360 or LG G Watch R depending on which you can get cheaper. If you care about performance and screen quality get the G Watch R. If you don't care about those things and like the look of the 360 get it. There both good.

Cubanlu likes this.
  18. StinkySocky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2015

StinkySocky , Jun 4, 2015 :
    Pebble and the G watch are the only smartwatches you could get for $99. Pebble is much more polished, IMO.

Cubanlu likes this.
  19. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2015

20. Cubanlu
    Froyo Jun 5, 2015

Cubanlu , Jun 5, 2015 :
    thanks guys