Answered Review : Oxygen OS 10.0.1 on OnePlus 7 Pro via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray

1. sharathn29 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 21, 2019 :
    So I have been using the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 on my OnePlus 7 Pro from past 1 week and here's what I think.

Coming to the good stuffs:
    1. Digital well-being is good and very useful too.
    2. Security has been improved, like location sharing in apps, notification access.
    3. I like the new gesture navigation. Much better than OnePlus navigation.

There are pretty minor bugs and there are some pretty major bugs and overall this is a bad update from OnePlus end.

From my point of view, minor bugs are something that won't hinder your day to day activities on phone. Major ones are those which hinder your day to day use

Here are the minor ones:
    1. There is a white bar at the bottom of the screen on most of the non OnePlus apps which supports dark theme. For example Instagram, Microsoft Outlook.
    2. The dark theme is inconsistent on some occasions. Even though the dark them is enabled some OnePlus apps like gallery will be in white theme. Sometimes this happened in their messaging application too.
    3. Sometimes when the white theme is enabled the app drawer will be in dark color.
    4. When I'm in settings I won't be able to view time or battery from the status bar.

Here are the major ones:
    1. Once I connect to a WiFi network, I won't be able to connect to my phone internet after disconnecting from the WiFi network. I should restart the phone to connect to the internet.
    2. On some occasions the photos won't be saved on the phone when I click the photo using the default OnePlus camera app. In my recent trip to Lake Tahoe I have missed few good photos when I thought to have taken the photo. Again I have to restart my phone to make the camera work again.

As others have mentioned I don't have any issues with the battery. I have been consistently getting about 6 to 6.5hrs of screen on time for my daily usage.

And I don't know whether any others are able to reciprocate these issues. I can live with the minor bugs I have mentioned, but the major ones are totally unacceptable.

There has been no improvements in the camera. And I didn't expect it either. No problem with the

Hope OnePlus responds quickly and fix these issues. Or they are going to loose customers.

2. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 22, 2019

Baymax , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Hey bud.
    OnePlus won't be responding on the forums.
    The only way to inform them about these issues you are having is by submitting feedback straight to them.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Baymax likes this.
  4. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 22, 2019

Baymax , Oct 22, 2019 :
    No problem bud.
    If you have any further inquiries please feel free to ask them here in Starting Point.