[Review] OXYGEN ROM 1.0

1. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2015

abhibnl , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Well, you can disable services using "Disable Services" app from play store. It'll help you a bit it's not as powerful as the Privacy Manager in CM is.

2. trimukhe
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

trimukhe , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Thanx a lot @ vigneshvar1 for review.. What's abt battery drain in this rom as compared to cm11s

3. laxmanw
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

laxmanw , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Oxygen OS not good than CM 11S.
    Wait for CM 12S
    Oxygen OS is a only Joke which was released by without Checking the popular Features as compare to CM11
    There are so many features are removed in Oxygen OS.
    1.You cannot find Sound Fx Which is a great App.and not available in O2.
    2.You cant Capture a 4K video by using Your camera....
    3.No 4K means no stereo recording Also Codec AAC.
    4.File Mangaer also Removed you may download it from Google play store.

4. asbondre
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2015

asbondre , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Found a very small but good feature... (not sure if already discovered or if this is lollipop feature). Goto Settings --> Battery..Top right is a battery icon which will help you change the battery style (%, circle etc) like CM

pranab2050 likes this.
  5. dinezh
    Froyo Apr 5, 2015

dinezh , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Just now flashed oxygen os i think something is wrong with camera image is not of great quality.Looks and performance is good. Many improvements necessary.

6. sharad2091
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

7. umesh1236
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

umesh1236 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Number 1 Phone.... Great piece
    Really Great Phone...!!!
    But waiting for invitation... to bye it...!!!

8. horvathadam
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

9. tryden
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

10. shrey7
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

shrey7 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Accidentally disabled Developer Options..
    i turned it back on, now i see Update OnePlus Recovery (checked) do i leave it like that? or uncheck it.

Let me know thanx..

11. Roshanghosh09
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2015

Roshanghosh09 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    This is not the place to ask fr invites....
    Go n ask in invite section...
    Read the title of the thread b4 posting...
    :mad:

12. mohananpg
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

mohananpg , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Hi,
    Could you help? I have flashed oxygen os. USB OTG is working well. But how to unmount it ? In CM11S-05Q, there used to be an option in Settings-> Storage for it. It does not seem to appear in Oxygen OS :-( Is there a work around ?
    Thanks n Regards
    --mohananpg

13. ganeshcd
    Donut Apr 6, 2015

ganeshcd , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I have flashed Oxygen OS ROM had a few issues which I could overcome with the help of forums ( folks have posted info which helped). I am looking to move away from Oxygen OS only because all my contacts are in my Outlook at work place. Oxygen OS does not seem to have a native client to connect to Outlook for Mails, Calendar and Contacts. I am sure folks would have come up with work around for this. Could anyone help me?

14. ronumd
    Donut Apr 6, 2015

15. vireshwadekar
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015

vireshwadekar , Apr 6, 2015 :
    When is cm12s is coming out and now i have flashed oxygen os so will i get the cm12s ota update

16. whirbuzz
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

whirbuzz , Apr 6, 2015 :
    review helped me to stay with CM.. .will wait for update of CM12... OXY just hype...

17. djv8
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

djv8 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    when i change from cm to oxygen will all my apps, backups photos come on oxygen or should icreate them all manually.

18. Smwln
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

Smwln , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I wonder why it took so long for the developers to release a basic, near to stock ROM.
    No doubt it's called Oxygen, because it's just to make your phone functional, that's about it.
    No rings and bell, can't even use the camera to it's full potential.

19. grover.anuj
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

grover.anuj , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Great!

Thanks for the prompt review and the little points that highlight some issues. This looks much like the stock lollipop & must be running smooth. Also, it's a setback to know that the CM camera app is gone! I was almost getting used to it & started loving it.

By the way, my main concern is: in case I flash to the OxygenOS, will I be able to switch back to CM12S (if I do not get enough of oxygen, that is ;)) and will the transition be easy?

Secondly, is the phone still customizable like before? This was the main reason why we all loved the OPO, the endless personalization options.. if that's gone in the Oxygen, it takes away the charm of the phone!

Thanks !

20. hanumak
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

hanumak , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Nothing so special just stock android experience. Best part is more stable than cm 12 nightly. Waiting for CM stable version.