Rhino Shield is...

1. zaryab
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2014

zaryab , Sep 18, 2014 :
    Hi all, i am a oneplus owner since late July and i had applied the rhino shield to my oneplus soon after i got one and i never really believed anything rhino shield advertized because lets be real it seems rediculous that a sheet of plastic could prevent your phone screen from shattering. Well i decided to buy into the HOPE! And well today i was sitting in class and the phone got very unbalanced in my hands somehow lol dont ask, but as it was falling i tried to grab it but only made the fall worse because it landed FACE FLAT on a very hard floor. My heart literally started running a lot faster because i was that worried. I picked it up and wow NO DAMAGE AT ALL! Very very impressed and RECOMMEND RHINO SHIELD TO EVERYONE WHO IS LIKE ME AND HATES CASES ESP because they make this phone even bigger than it already is. Ps. the fall was probably about 3/4 of meter high! at that distance no phone survives normally... well phew i dodged a bullet there!

ANYWAYS GOOD DAY!

2. Sukianes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2014

chivo5000 likes this.
  3. llcooljerry
    Jelly Bean Sep 18, 2014

matt.89 and zaryab like this.
  4. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 18, 2014 :
    Rhino shield is a good one for preventing damaging the phone at fall, but it's much more prone to get scratches on it. In order to have better protection against scratching I think a tempered glass protection cover i much better, but it's not as good when it comes to protect the screen when falling face down. So I guess it's just one of those compromises one have to consider.

vantt1, Uberlight, rockovo and 2 others like this.
  5. skyfail
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2014

Funk Wizard likes this.
  6. thebrother103
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2014

thebrother103 , Oct 2, 2014 :
    It doesn't take away from the screens clarity, right?

7. don-doe
    KitKat Oct 2, 2014

don-doe , Oct 2, 2014 :

Thanks for the update. I also bought the Rhino Shild although I thought that their claims sound a bit ridiculous. Actually I was already thinking about removing it.

No. But I have the impression that the reflection in sunlight is more annyoying. Also the fatty traces from your fingers are more obvious (they claim otherwise, but that's my impression).

zaryab likes this.
  8. manshyworld
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 2, 2014

manshyworld , Oct 2, 2014 :
    how is the touch sensor ?

9. smrtphn

10. don-doe
    KitKat Oct 2, 2014

don-doe , Oct 2, 2014 :
    To my impression RS doesn't alter it, i.e. same as before.

zaryab and manshyworld like this.
  11. manshyworld

manshyworld , Oct 2, 2014 :
    i thought i would be different cause of the 6 layers and the Shock Absorber layer also

don-doe likes this.
  12. don-doe
    KitKat Oct 2, 2014

don-doe , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Actually I thought the same in first place. But other members also reported that there was no (at least no obvious) difference. These layers are not very thick, if you apply the RS correctly it is really, really difficult to see at all (therefore I didn't really trust that it can protect the phone properly). BTW if you follow the instructions that come with the RS it's not difficult to apply it.

13. drewstev22
    Eclair Oct 2, 2014

14. Milad
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2014

Milad , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Exactly the same has happened to me before.
    I am a rhinoshield fanboy since that day.

zaryab likes this.
  15. don-doe
    KitKat Oct 2, 2014

don-doe , Oct 2, 2014 :
    You're spamming your email everywhere. As Karma is a fair lady, expect that your email will be spammed, too (not with invites, however).

Uberlight and ShunNL like this.
  16. ShunNL
    Donut Oct 2, 2014

ShunNL , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Rhinoshield has had my support throughout the kickstarter!
    Saved a lot repairs due to it!

grav3h3art likes this.
  17. Robson
    KitKat Oct 2, 2014

grav3h3art and zaryab like this.
  18. SomniusX
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2014

19. Seff
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2014

Seff , Oct 2, 2014 :
    I ordered my rhinoshield...it got delivered, however my uncle was to bring it to me and he lost it, SIGH

So now I have to spend another ...almost $30 -.-

20. SomniusX
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2014