Rhino Shield Review with discount code/video/pics

1. jkbane
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

jkbane , Aug 13, 2014 :
    The hunt for finding a quality screen protector is an interesting one these days. One because there are actually a lot of nice screen protectors out there and then there are just as many, if not more that are not so great. A screen protector is an essential protective accessory is a must have for my devices. As much as I'd like to rock out my devices naked, I just can't take the risk of having damage done to them. Rhino Shield happens to be a quality screen protector company that supports the OnePlus One. As I mentioned it is hard to find the the one screen protector in this saturated market, but what makes things a little easier for the OnePlus One club is there are not many companies supporting this device. Needless to say I am happy Rhino Shield added the OPO to their arsenal.

I have installed a ton of screen protectors, like a ton! I have become quite the expert on how an installation should go, what makes a good screen protector and if it's worth the money. When it comes to screen protectors the principle of you get what you pay for holds truth. Rhino Shield is no exception.

Features:

• Impact Protection
    • Anti Shock
    • High Transparency
    • Anti FingerPrint
    • Oleophobic Technology
    Get Rhino Shield screen protector today and make your screen shatterproof.

Note: unlike glass screen protector, Rhino Shield will never shatter upon impact

Installation:

Installation of this screen protector for me was pretty standard. I had no issues lining it up, cleaning off or applying the shield on the OPO. You get the essentials for a nice clean installation. However, I have grown to appreciate companies that include an alcohol prep pad because in my experience it has become the best way to clean the screen off. Rhino only includes a wipe cloth, which is fine as long as you are careful to inspect the screen ensuring there is not any dust hiding.

Review:

Upon holding the protector in your hands you will appreciate the rubbery flex of the material. This is because you know it's not some cheap eBay special grade of a screen protector. Trust me you can tell the difference. Once applied the shield does indeed feels nice to the touch, is easy to clean off and doesn't leave much residue behind from fingers. Everything is responsive and works great. Overall, I can't tell too much that it's even there.

Durability:

Evolution Labs claims that this Rhino Shield is shatterproof, can withstand shock and is scratch resistant. Personally, I am not brave enough to slam a hammer or do a drop test and I cannot afford to break a device. With that said click HERE for demo videos they have professionally created for you to watch. However, I don't mind doing some scratch tests.

While I was conducting the review I grabbed the closest thing to me that could potentially scratch the surface and a flat head screwdriver was within reach. Unfortunately, the screw driver won this battle. It scratched some shaving off of the Rhino Shield easily. Next, I took my keys to the screen protector and it did it's job against the keys. Key are more of a real world scenario because who is really going to take a screwdriver to the screen? For everyday use this screen protector should protect against common enemies. I did pull the screen protector off and there was no damage to the phone's screen at all, which is what it is supposed to do. Protector the screen, right?

[​IMG]

Once that damage was done I took the screen protector off to see what else I could do to test the durability. I bent it in half and from doing so you can really see how the material is durable because of the rubbery flexibility. For the heck of it I tried to tear it in half with my hands, but I could not seem to get it to tear. Lastly, I cut it in half with some scissors and of course it went right through, but not so easily. I had to place a decent amount of pressure to slice through.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, I think this screen protector is a value for the money. You won't be disappointed in the protection as long as you keep screwdrivers away from it. It feels nice to the touch and applies nicely.

Discount Code:

If you would like to save 10% off of a purchase towards a Rhino Shield apply the code 'BaneExclusive' at check out.

Video:

Pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. alextheonlyone
    Eclair Aug 14, 2014

alextheonlyone , Aug 14, 2014 :
    This seems like a great product. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know of other alternatives that might be just has good, but more affordable?

3. jkbane
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

jkbane , Aug 14, 2014 :
    I'd say this is a good option for non tempered glass screen protector.

4. kawaii
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2014

kawaii , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Tempered glass is the closest. There isn't anything comparable if you want what Rhino Shield offers. But most people won't smack a hammer on their screen. Tempered glass does a good enough job for fraction of the price.

[​IMG]

maxx007, Axara, Xero and 3 others like this.
  5. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 14, 2014

Theendgamelv3 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    I just got this today myself. I love the feel, it doesn't even feel or look like I have a screen protector.

6. devon28
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2014

devon28 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    MIME offers the best tempered glass solution for the OPO. It's more expensive than a Rhino Shield though. I got the Rhino myself :)
    Very happy with it. It feels like a premium product.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014

jkbane likes this.
  7. Novaset
    Eclair Aug 14, 2014

Novaset , Aug 14, 2014 :
    The problem with Tempered glass for me is that they chipped to easily, i went though 3 of them for my Nexus 5.

Nomelas and jkbane like this.
  8. vanwirtp
    Eclair Aug 26, 2014

vanwirtp , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Have a Rhino Shield on my OPO. I had my phone in my gym bag, which fell from a bench and flipped. I also had some heavy things in the bag. Apparently, something struck the corner of my OPO face. The Rhino Shield has a gouge in it, but the phone is fine. I think the Rhino Shield just saved my phone.

ottovillem likes this.
  9. Detekk
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

Detekk , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Thank you. I had used the discount code and got it delivered to my yesterday. Took about 10 days to Canada. I did a lot of research to finally settle on this protector.

I never used a case or screen protector on my old Galaxy Nexus. Loved that phone. Dropped it like 20 times with no screen cracks.

However, with this OnePlus One phone, I saw how the glass was raised and not level, and how it was a much bigger screen, and saw it being more susceptible to damage. I don't like cases so I thought I would invest in a nice screen protector. I never knew about screen protectors other than plastic film ones. I never knew there was glass screen protectors. Upon further research, I read these shatter easily. It's good it protects your original screen, but then you got a shattered protector that you have to replace which is such a hassle and cost. Enter the RhinoShield. I read that it is a lot more than a plastic film protector of old and that it was shatterproof and had a lot of other benefits as well, so I bought it.

Protector is real nice, fits perfect, and there is negligible difference in feel to me between it and no protector. Touch issues are the same, and now I have less worries if I drop my phone.

10. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2014

TheJames , Aug 28, 2014 :
    whats the glare like on rhino shield?

11. Detekk
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2014

12. cabanaj
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2014

cabanaj , Aug 28, 2014 :
    Did some research. Yes Rhino is the "best bet" against direct impact.

But it's 4h on Mohs'es scale.
    Meaning it will scratch and fast.

So It's a case of "choose your poison".
    Since tempered glass will protect against most real life impacts (not made on a corner) at the cost of breaking, I have chosen to give it a whirl. Of course 9h is not really 9h... but it is harder then 4, and 7 for gorilla glass.

13. Novaset
    Eclair Aug 29, 2014

Novaset , Aug 29, 2014 :
    I did break my screen (nexus 5) while a tempered glass on it, so I don't think they really protect against impact. I would say tempered glass really is for scratch protection

r18fa1 likes this.
  14. nomadism
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2014

nomadism , Aug 29, 2014 :
    I would agree on this. My Rhio Screen got scratched quite easily ... with only key and phone in the same pocket.

15. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Aug 29, 2014

Ivanpoocky13 , Aug 29, 2014 :
    What shipping method did u used, mine with standard shipping have not arrived yet, I ordered like a month an a half ago...

16. wizard
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 29, 2014

17. cseifer
    Eclair Aug 29, 2014

cseifer , Aug 29, 2014 :
    I still think glass is the way to go. I can buy 6 Nillkin 9H Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector's for the price of one Rhino Shield with coupon... So the screen protector shatters on an impact....the LCD screen still survives no problem. I just replace the glass screen protector.

Enough said.

LifeOfATitan likes this.
  18. wizard
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 29, 2014

wizard , Aug 29, 2014 :

Yawn..... :rolleyes:

19. gurugraptor
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2014

gurugraptor , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Can you please recommend a store/site where we get get the Nillkin protector for such low price :)

20. fazfactor
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2014