Rhinoshield and Dbrand combo review

1. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 18, 2019

Moin2200 , Feb 18, 2019 :
    I feel like there aren't that many threads talking about third party accessories, so i thought i would give a review on one the best cases I've tried on oneplus 6T.

I'm a very careful person when it comes to technology. Whenever i buy a new phone i can't use it before i buy a case and a screen protector, though the case is more important if i can only pick one.

With the 6 and 6T i felt the glass back needed more protection than just a case, because I've seen reports on XDA and reddit that some people were scratching their phone pretty easily despite using a case. (scratching. Not their phones breaking magically;))
    That's where dbrand comes into the picture.

For those who don't know Dbrand, they are a company that makes super precise skins for a number of popular phones and has done so for many years.
    upload_2019-2-18_20-43-27.png
    You can choose different colors for different parts of your device, and customize to your hearts content.

I've bought dbrand before but i ended up tearing it off after a while as it ruined the feeling of the metal back on my 3T.
    upload_2019-2-18_20-51-39.png
    But with the 6T i found the addition of the skin to be very pleasing. The skin only covers the glass back and not the sides unlike with previous oneplus models. So you still get that premium feeling of metal with a mix of the carbon skin, which feels very nice to hold and makes your phone less slippery. And with the black and yellow combo it looks way too good. :cool:
    upload_2019-2-18_21-54-46.png
    The installation process is fairly simple, and dbrand even makes youtube videos on how to apply the skin best way possible if you are new to this. So remember to check out the videos and follow everything step by step to insure best possible results.
    Also this installation requires a hairdryer, so try to get one or borrow one from a friend or your sister. :oops:

Even with the skin i still wanted a case that wouldn't ruin the black and yellow combo, and rhinoshield were the only ones i found that had impact protection and also offered a bumper case option. So i took a chance.
    The case arrived 3 days after it was shipped and surprisingly was a lot nicer than expected.
    upload_2019-2-18_21-3-40.png
    The case is pretty simple and thin, yet offers military drop protection even with it being a bumper case.
    upload_2019-2-18_21-9-29.png
    Buttons are very clicky and nicely designed, though you have to press a bit harder than usual. The alert slider has a more easy to use slider on top.
    upload_2019-2-18_21-5-26.png
    It has a pretty interesting interior pattern which rhinoshield claims helps with drops and calls it "shockspread" basically when the phone is dropped the case will spread the impact shock around its bumper to try avoiding contact with the phone itself.
    upload_2019-2-18_21-15-56.png
    Rhinoshield took their time to make sure the ports are open and accessible to any kind of accessory which i can confirm. I've tested multiple cables, including headphones, USB C to USB C and a mac charger with no issues.

The beauty of the case is compatibility.
    With the dbrand skin on my 6T my case options are pretty limited but with the open back rhinoshield case it fits like a glove.
    upload_2019-2-18_21-21-0.png
    Without case
    upload_2019-2-18_21-21-34.png
    With the case on, it only makes the phone slightly thicker but with the added protection i feel it is a short price to pay. The front and back of the case sticks out so that when you place your phone down it will still be protected.
    upload_2019-2-18_21-24-9.png
    Even with the case on you still get to enjoy the design of the 6T, and with the dbrand skin on the back you got yourself a very unique looking device.

So if you're looking for a way to protect your phone the best way possible but also want to show off the design of your phone then rhinoshield is your best option. Starting at $25, they have a number of options including screen protectors, camera mods, personalized cases and child proof cases. Though your options for oneplus 6T does not include some models.

If you're not a case guy but still want a little bit of protection without loosing the premium feel, then dbrand skin is the best option you can get. There are other sites that also sells skins but dbrands excellent customer service paired with their precise fits make them stand above the rest.

And if you love both options, then i'm happy to say it works very well and makes your experience even more unique and very protected.:D

Hope you liked the review! if you have any questions regarding either of these products feel free to leave a comment. :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019

2. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 20, 2019

Stickied Post
    Moin2200 , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Okay guys I would like to say thanks to all who read and commented on my review!
    Means alot since I was afraid that my thread wouldn't get any notice due to all the others that are floating around, and the fact that I'm not that well known. :D:)

I've been trying to answer as many questions I can but I thought it would be best I pinned this and answer the most asked, which is my setup.

It seems like alot of you guys liked my setup so let me tell you what I'm using.
    Wallpaper:
    Amoled Tree.jpeg
    Icon pack: one UI icon pack (paid application)

Widgets: huk widgets and outline widget

Launcher: Nova

So this is my setup, I'm glad alot of you liked it as it took a long time before I found something I was happy with.
    Again thanks for reading!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019

xcamden, Punk_69, nanivarma and 13 others like this.
  3. Nichrome
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2019

4. McRussin
    Froyo Feb 18, 2019

McRussin , Feb 18, 2019 :
    off topic but what are you using for that google search bar? it looks neat..

5. drl431
    Lollipop Feb 19, 2019

6. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 19, 2019

Moin2200 , Feb 19, 2019 :
    I’m using huk kwgt widget.

7. DARTH 007
    KitKat Feb 19, 2019

G_Brandon_Lombardo and ZJfannas like this.
  8. Joffy_Jose
    Honeycomb Feb 19, 2019

jay5t likes this.
  9. HalCapone
    Honeycomb Feb 19, 2019

HalCapone , Feb 19, 2019 :
    I have had A number of skins on my phones and always end up taking them off. Wont be doing them again.

stbn84 likes this.
  10. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 19, 2019

That's why i said, "little bit of protection".
    The skin will help protect against scratches and general dirt and such. As the phone's back is made out of glass.

cross_j likes this.
  11. sweggitity
    Honeycomb Feb 19, 2019

sweggitity , Feb 19, 2019 :
    The thing about skin is, if you ever drop your phone, you wouldn't know if u broke your glass, until u take off the skin

12. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 19, 2019

True but if you drop your phone and it leaves a few marks then it would probably be easy to tell :p

S1547973811208 likes this.
  13. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 19, 2019

Had the same experience before the 6 but I feel its nicer when it only covers half and not all of the back.

14. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Feb 19, 2019

15. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 19, 2019

Thanks for reading David!

B.yashaswi likes this.
  16. B.yashaswi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 19, 2019

B.yashaswi , Feb 19, 2019 :
    Very well written @Moin2200 and i am the same person who always try to protect phone and i feel that this thing has to be done right immediately after one buys a phone because we are investing money means that it should not break our hearts for atleast 2-3 years this words are only for those who think evrye penny is important not for those who have lots of money ;) for that these minimum things has to be done .

Moin2200 likes this.
  17. Gangada Suresh Kumar
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

18. JelleZon
    Lollipop Feb 19, 2019

19. Carl J.
    Eclair Feb 19, 2019

Carl J. , Feb 19, 2019 :
    did you get skin. I like that wall paper too. If you could share

20. vigneshmiller
    Gingerbread Feb 19, 2019

Tony JK likes this.
  21. RAKESH J R
    Gingerbread Feb 19, 2019

RAKESH J R , Feb 19, 2019 :
    At first i tried DBrand on my Oneplus 3T - Both skin and Rhino bumper case , made my phone seek lota attention and i dropped my phone more than 50 times and not a scratch on my phone and from that day on , i decided i am gonna be Rhinoshield and Dbrands

Now my 3T , Dad's OP6 , Mom's OP6 and Sister's OP6T is protected by Dbrand and Rhinosheild bumper case.

I recommend them 10/10 , though its pricey , its one time investment and totally worth.

cross_j, HipsGTLK and JadeJanis like this.