RhinoShield Screen Protector Review.

1. Scarchee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

Scarchee , Aug 7, 2014 :
    A few hours ago, I received the RhinoShield Screen Protector in the mail. I ordered the Screen Protector on 07/27/2014 at 12:33:27 AM -- and it arrived on 8/6/2014 at 4:02PM. So, it took a little over 10 days, or exactly 7 days if you exclude the weekends. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada to give you a bit of a reference on why it may have taken quite some time to arrive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anyways, minutes after receiving the screen protector, I had placed it on the screen... And holy crap, it may be just me - but I can barely see or feel the screen protector at all. That may seem like an obvious thing for some people, but some screen protectors I've used just don't feel this way. I've used screen protectors in the past for iPods and other devices, and they've always had a slimy feeling to them... Difficult to describe. Any other screen protectors I've used had a bit of a glare or some kind of discoloration effect that impacted the screen's clarity. This is not the case for the RhinoShield. It is as advertised - extremely clear, and honestly, I can't tell that there's a screen protector on the screen at all.

I can't speak on behalf of the drop resistance, and scratch resistance of the screen protector, as I haven't dropped nor scratched the phone thus far. I'll post about this later if I do happen to drop the phone :p. The screen protector is indeed very thin. As I said above - I can barely tell that there's a screen protector on the phone at all. This may also be difficult to describe, but the phone's screen feels softer with the screen protector on. It might just be the plastic of the screen protector itself, but I don't know, I just like the way it feels!

Overall, I really am impressed with this product, as pricy as it might be. Starting at $24.99 for the screen protector itself, and $5.00 for shipping and handling - it isn't all that bad of a product. All I can hope for is that it does perform as advertised. I want it to protect my phone from drops and scratches, which I am confident that it will. It feels very premium.

I don't know if there's anything I've missed in a screen protector review...I think I covered all the bases. If there's anything else you'd want to know, comment and I'll try to answer!
    Also, which screen protector do you guys have? Or do you all roll with naked, exposed, easily breakable screens? :p

nobelium76, madhanraj, bazika and 7 others like this.
  2. Anessa
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

3. Scarchee

Scarchee , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Yup, the edges of the screen protector are rounded! They aren't sharp and feel like they might cut my finger open xD

4. Anessa
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Anessa , Aug 7, 2014 :
    hah, very nice buy then.
    I need to get a glass for mine

5. orestis
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

6. Scarchee

Scarchee , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I debated getting a glass screen protector, but I didn't feel putting glass over top of glass would do a whole lot ahah

7. Anessa
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Anessa , Aug 7, 2014 :
    But it does!

scottstoked likes this.
  8. Scarchee

Scarchee , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Lol, I dunno. You'll be the first to find out for me how good a glass screen protector is? :D hahah drop our phones from 3 feet and see whose screen comes out cracked! xD

jay ray and Anessa like this.
  9. Anessa
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Anessa , Aug 7, 2014 :
    lol i would never intentionally hurt my OPO!

Scarchee likes this.
  10. waltjr98
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

11. Scarchee

Scarchee , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I knowww hahah I would be seriously heart broken if something happened to my phone :p

Anessa likes this.
  12. henry535
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

henry535 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    looks like a great quality screen protector. i might have to buy this when i get an invite for the OPO.
    as for the grimey, slimy screen protector feel on other screen protectors, i know how you feel. all of my screen protectors i have used in the past was there, like you can see it and feel it.

my friend just got a glass screen protector for his galaxy s5 and wow, you dont even notice the protector there!

Scarchee likes this.
  13. Anessa
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Anessa , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Definately

Scarchee likes this.
  14. j.tranlives
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

j.tranlives , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Planning to purchase this as well, was it difficult to apply the screen protector with precision?
    Thanks for the review!

15. Scarchee

Scarchee , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Nah, it was an easy slap-on process. I lined up the holes on the screen protector with the camera and earpiece on the phone and let it go. #UnintentionalDisneyReference
    The whole application process took about 10-15 seconds. Everything is lined up perfectly.

hot_as_fire and j.tranlives like this.
  16. j.tranlives
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

j.tranlives , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Thanks! I didn't get the Disney reference lol

Hassan_Abdul and Retwant like this.
  17. henry535
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

henry535 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    "let it go" from frozen.

Retwant likes this.
  18. j.tranlives
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Retwant and Scarchee like this.
  19. Retwant
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

Retwant , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I thought we passed the hashtag era already?

Gotta admit that I love most of Disney's product thou...

20. asylumni
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

asylumni , Aug 11, 2014 :
    As a high member number, I'd like to ask all you early adopters to stop breaking your screens so that the screens they make can make new phones instead of being replacement parts. :p

Scarchee likes this.