Rhinoshield

1. tobes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2014

tobes , Aug 8, 2014 :
    - Got my Rhinoshield today about 6 days after placing order.
    - Reasonably ok to apply. The difficulties were: using the dust stickers to remove dust specks sometimes leaves visible glue residue on the screen; also I had to lift one corner back up to remove a visible dust speck that had attached itself to the inside of the screen protector. i think this bent one of the corners slightly and has left a tiny bubble near the edge of the screen protector which will not go away; hardly noticeable however
    - Overall the screen protector is not visually noticeable. It does change the touch a little bit and has a bit more friction than the screen itself.

I feel that i have done what I can to protect the screen from knocks and falls. So happy overall.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014

bazika, Jerre81 and etaggart542 like this.
  2. TurfRunner
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

fonze and tobes like this.
  3. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Aug 8, 2014

4. risky1301
    Lollipop Aug 8, 2014

5. aheaton21

6. tobes

tobes , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Great tip. I think it would have looked strange in my open plan office environment though... ;)

TurfRunner likes this.
  7. fonze
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

fonze , Aug 8, 2014 :
    my wife said mine came in today also when I get home time to apply and let cure

tobes likes this.
  8. fonze
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

fonze , Aug 8, 2014 :
    I hate to say it but I see absolutely no difference at all between rhino shield and anyscreen protector you can get 3 for 10.00 bucks :/ the case has a pic of all the protective layers and I think it's BS and anti smudge my but it got dirtier than the gorilla glass by 5x it supposed to have a liftetime warranty I've heard. But no mention of it on the package I notice some realty annoying threads under my rhino so I peeled it back and used the micro cloth to wipe off ....uh oh ducked the whole back up with smudges in the glue had to use the. Sticky tape for 30 to pick the smudges off the back :/ my fualt but still can't tell why this thing is so expensinve I shoulda got crystal or orzly says it will protect from 30 degree incline fall but I bet the cheap one would do that to :/ sorry guys this may be an awesome product but I really don't see the difference felt just like cheap ones and trust I've had alot of cheap ones

9. tobes

tobes , Aug 8, 2014 :
    I see your point. Rhinoshield is definitely not the easiest to apply and it does tend to get smudgy. The real question in my mind is whether it has better impact dispersion or not compared to other polymer protectors and compared to glass protectors. Rhinoshield does have some pretty impressive demonstration videos on impact dispersion compared to other protectors, but in the end it's a bit of a question of whether you believe the marketing hype or not...

10. Ang3r
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2014

Ang3r , Aug 8, 2014 :
    i installed Ultimate shield on mine, had to replace the it 2 times to get it to fit, and even then it doesnt go all the way out to the side edges. there is a tiny boarder around the where you can see the phone screen underneith.
    i like the Ultimate shield though it gets smudgy at times.

11. ProbablyCrazier
    Eclair Aug 8, 2014

ProbablyCrazier , Aug 8, 2014 :
    I've hit mine with a hammer.
    it's not hype, they rock. And while I agree, the feel takes getting used to, the impact protection is worth it. ALL other screen protectors for the One+ offer scratch protection, NOT impact. If you want your phone SAFE, go Rhino, if you want your phone pretty, get a tempered glass shield.

jay ray and tobes like this.
  12. Ccollado
    Froyo Nov 10, 2014