Richard

1. agentrick
    Cupcake May 13, 2014

agentrick , May 13, 2014 :
    I am 62 years old and internet challenged. I saw something about the best android phone out there. With a lot of effort, I found the One plus website. Whew, I need a nap.
    My wife has iphones. I just don't like them. I have gradually worked my way up to a Samsung Galaxy S II. I like it because of the larger screen, but it has a lot of issues.
    I would so like to get a phone that delivers on the promise of working well.
    Just kidding about the nap.

dBm, fo0ling, c4chilli and 8 others like this.
  2. ChazStrachan
    Gingerbread May 13, 2014

rushib1 likes this.
  3. Simonbarsinistr
    Gingerbread May 13, 2014

Apogee and TomPlusOne like this.
  4. ChazStrachan
    Gingerbread May 13, 2014

ChazStrachan , May 13, 2014 :
    Aww there's no need to be like that. He just wanted a like. Feed the man, don't crush his confidence.

rushib1, fo0ling, a1arroyo and 3 others like this.
  5. Simonbarsinistr
    Gingerbread May 13, 2014

Simonbarsinistr , May 13, 2014 :
    I'm just making the connection with Richard!

Apogee and Yima like this.
  6. ChazStrachan
    Gingerbread May 13, 2014

ChazStrachan , May 13, 2014 :
    Ahhhhhhhh, didn't even read his name. I apologise profusely.

7. Waterdroid
    Community Veteran May 13, 2014

Waterdroid , May 13, 2014 :
    Hi Richard,

It's good to have you around here. The phone this forum is about would indeed be one of the best at the moment, and for a price none of the competitors could match.

The phone, however, isn't out yet. It's been announced on april 23rd and OnePlus (name of the company) is still producing their units. In the mean time, they've created quite a hype about their way of selling their units for the first 1-2 months: the invite system. You'd get an invite to buy the phone and you'll lose it within 24 hours if you didn't buy your phone (this goes for 'regular' invites, there are invites to be won by contest e.g. too if I'm not mistaken). Read a little on the forum and you'll see that many of the members are begging for invites. I, and many other with me, think it's a shame the whole forum has come to a place to beg, so I'd kindly ask you not to beg for an invite. They'll come when they'll come.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask me!

fo0ling, netllocke, swent1 and 3 others like this.
  8. milkdude
    KitKat May 13, 2014

milkdude , May 13, 2014 :
    Ahhhhh, A Hunter, is this Sam or Dean Winchester in disguise. okay okay Sent u a like. stay tuned and you will get a phone at some point

kimv.2013 and Yima like this.
  9. Yima
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2014

Yima , May 13, 2014 :
    [​IMG]

But gave you all a like. Because I like you all. You are all cool people. I have you in my book of cool people.
    Good night!

Mitness, fo0ling, swent1 and 3 others like this.
  10. oneplusisbest

oneplusisbest , May 13, 2014 :
    Get a oneplus one

11. wtfhsf
    KitKat May 13, 2014

wtfhsf , May 13, 2014 :
    Richard this guy is will help you with any questions you may have so ask him directly. He's a nice guy.

swent1 and Waterdroid like this.
  12. agentrick
    Cupcake May 13, 2014

agentrick , May 13, 2014 :
    Thanks for the info. I didn't think I was begging, but after reading what you said, it makes sense. I can wait for it to be available.

swent1 and Waterdroid like this.
  13. Waterdroid
    Community Veteran May 13, 2014

Waterdroid , May 13, 2014 :
    No problem. I don't think you were begging either, just wanted to state that people won't like it if you do. :)
    Good luck waiting!

CoachEgghead likes this.
  14. scwei

scwei , May 13, 2014 :
    You came to the right place hang out with us and wait for the bad *** one phone.:)

15. nickh8su

nickh8su , May 13, 2014 :
    i dont believe you "old" man.

16. arthesian

arthesian , May 13, 2014 :
    ....and I'm a poor student, who can't afford flagship models of the major manufactures these days...

So I've got my eyes set on the OPO, because it delivers a high-spec phone, for a some-what mid-range price.

It will be worth my wait, I'm sure of it.... :):p

17. netllocke

netllocke , May 13, 2014 :
    It the most worthiness of Android phones for this year at least.
    And yes it have a fine screen too.
    Hope you be enjoying yours soon.

18. kazater
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2014

kazater , May 13, 2014 :
    Hey Rick, welcome.
    I hope you have a pleasant experience on the forums, and that you possess the virtue of patience, this phone will by the look of if be worth the wait.
    Regards

19. dBm
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2014

20. fo0ling
    KitKat May 13, 2014

fo0ling , May 13, 2014 :
    I'm 15 years old (I may be the youngest), and I am getting this phone for a reason: not to beg for an invite, or just get a phone for no reason. I am getting it because its cheap, and my phone is phased out in the Philippines, meaning they are not providing anymore updates to my phone (I'm still stuck in 4.1.2 JB!), and they have no original cases for my phone because my case has some stains, and I don't like it.

I am thinking of a annual upgrade of phones and not anymore 5 months, because I know my phones get really low value when I sell them, because a version 2 of my phone is out, and that is a loss for my money. So yeah, I needed a phone that can last me at least a year! And that is the OnePlus One!