Ring, Vibrate, and Silent. Please help with the Alert Slider!

1. Harmageddon
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2017

Harmageddon , Jun 10, 2017 :
    How do you manage to get rid of the in-app notification sounds in total silence mode that I mentioned?

2. F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 10, 2017

F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm , Jun 10, 2017 :
    the hardest wey is to modify the ROM it self
    the easier is to use tasker to setup what should be done when you use the slider i used this until i find that i thing most easiest way which is to flash a cutom rom whith these setting already implemented for example Resurection remix Rom
    there may be also other option how to do it but after i find the RR Rom i didn't dig further

3. F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm

4. migarcia
    Donut Jun 10, 2017

migarcia , Jun 10, 2017 :
    Just wanted to reference your post saying that it can be achieved after doing some search online. Sorry for the confusing double post from my part

F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm likes this.
  5. F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm

crying at wrong door step apple and their pattent on alert slider is the one you shuld blame ..... just look few post up i have mentioned 3 ways how you can do it

6. F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm

ohh ok :D just get confused didnt know what you meant :D :D :D

7. G_Thomas_McGowan_Kcin
    Donut Jun 10, 2017

G_Thomas_McGowan_Kcin , Jun 10, 2017 :
    Well the Tasker workaround does not make the phone as it should. And having to root or install a custom rom is completely unacceptable to get such a basic feature that wa working before.
    My main concern is having the possibility to switch betwoon full silent mode and vibrate but silent mode. I have to unlock my phone edit the silent position mode settings everytime. This is so conterintuitive.
    I should blame Apple? I don't understand. If Apple makes bad decisions, then OP has to follow... thats stupid
    So I will still be coplaining at OP eve though I know OP fanboys are not happy about that.

8. F_Michal_Doblej_dBkm

well you dont understand a lot of things as i see, apple made a patent on the alert slider and the functionality of it in the matter of ring-vibrate only- total silence when they realized also other companies like OP started to implement the same in their products so after the patent has been made by apple any other company need to pay apple to be able to use the patent or risk that apple will take them to court if they not purchase the rights to use it (samsung is a shining example), so OP made the slider work differently so they doesn't have to pay for in case they would use it and pay for it the price of the device will be higher.... yes if you want to blame anyne else than yourself, you should blame apple for claiming the patent on the alert slider as without the patent any other company would be able to use it/implement it without any fees and without the needs of rising the price of their devices......

why you purchased a phone when one its basic functions isn't acceptable for you in the first place ?
    I dont see any logic in purchasing a product that doesn't fits my needs and then complaining about it since it is up to you and you only what you purchase so why complaining to others for things you are responsible for ???
    its like when you purchase diesel car and then complain to manufacture it isnt working on gas...

BTW OP understands the diversity of users and also that someone would like the old functionality of alert slider on the phone thats why the dont cancel your warranty in case you will root the phone and flash a custom ROM or modify the existing one....
    you can complain about it how much you want but the only thing you will achieve is that others including me will thing that you are a moron pushing the responsibility of your wrong chooses and decisions on others.....

FYI the tons on apple pattents on the basic things is also one of the reason i hate apple

9. G_Thomas_McGowan_Kcin
    Donut Jun 10, 2017

G_Thomas_McGowan_Kcin , Jun 10, 2017 :
    ;)
    Well first forget me I'm probably stupid.
    If what you're sayig is true, then why do other manufacturers have other slider behaviour (they are all paying Apple?) and why did the OP3 had another behaviour on its slider before the Nougat update?
    Also, I wonder if it's the case why did OP not communicate about that change when it happened to explain? Why did OP & Carl Pei promised a fix then which they never provided?
    BTW, about the patent, if you have a reference I'm interrested. If I remember well iphone slider has a intuitive behaviour which is similar to the early OP3 behaviour (which I liked).

I bought my OP3 when it was first released. At the time (for about 6 month) it had OOS 2.X and it behaved just as I wanted.
    Since January and th Nougat upgrade, it's ruined everything.
    It's more like I bought a diesel car and now I'm told now I want to continue using it I need to push it.

Why not provide an option in the advanced developer options then? Or at least communicate about it... Rooting a phone and intalling custom roms is not accessible to everyone on the street.

My wrong choice then is to have bought a OP phone? Strange...

That's why other companies have to fight against it and inovate. Everyone has its responsibility. :p

All in all, what really anoys me with this slider thing is OP not communicating and being clear about it!! When the OOS 4 upgrade happened lots of users did not understand, thought it was a severe bug and complained. Ignoring the messages from thousands of users all over the world is not a very respectful attitude....
    Apple doesn't have a patent for not taking care of customers, do they? ;)

alserio likes this.
  10. G_Zahlul_Zahlul_KiUI
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2017

11. alserio
    Eclair Jun 20, 2017

alserio , Jun 20, 2017 :
    I feel you, man. This situation is frankly painful. Btw, I'm interested in more info about this apple patent too.

G_Thomas_McGowan_Kcin likes this.
  12. Deactivated User
    Jul 18, 2017

13. vikrampremanand
    Eclair Jul 18, 2017

14. JaspisB
    Donut Jul 20, 2017

15. Rodriguezz
    Gingerbread Jul 20, 2017

Rodriguezz , Jul 20, 2017 :
    Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.quicktiles
    Disable it from any optimizations.

16. anujkumar7
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2017

17. jacedoir
    Donut Aug 10, 2017

jacedoir , Aug 10, 2017 :
    Please do something because it's pretty annoying for people who do not want to mas the 'do not disturb' mode. Personally I would just like to be able to have silent, vibrating and ringing. The slider should be able to be more customizable.

Thank you

18. JasonMR
    Lollipop Aug 10, 2017

JasonMR , Aug 10, 2017 :
    Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=geert.berkers.modeswitcher

I use this and top is silent, middle is DND, bottom is vibrate only until I turn the volume up for ring.

19. jacedoir
    Donut Aug 10, 2017

20. JasonMR
    Lollipop Aug 10, 2017

JasonMR , Aug 10, 2017 :
    It's been over a year now, OnePlus aren't going to change a damn thing I'm afraid.

This is their vision for how the slider should work, so if you want it to work differently you have to improvise.