ring volume

1. G_Vijeet_Singh_SgNs Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

G_Vijeet_Singh_SgNs, Jan 12, 2019 :
    hello everyone
    after using oneplus 6T for a week this is irritating me a lot
    1. when i press volume up or down button in 6T it works for audio volume not for ring volume. when i am listening songs or any audio video then volume buttons should use audio volume but in general they must work on ring volume.

Sanjay_B_K and Andr3Rock like this.
  2. Q1547201019047 Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

3. G_Vijeet_Singh_SgNs Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

4. G_Vijeet_Singh_SgNs Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

reset which setting ?? i dont think i would erase my all data for this

5. Q1547201019047 Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

6. MiladFarooq Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

MiladFarooq, Jan 12, 2019 :
    I don't think you can change it with the buttons anymore. have to go through settings. but I'm not totally sure.

7. eliamarisio Froyo Jan 12, 2019

eliamarisio, Jan 12, 2019 :
    Yeah it's right, I noticed it immediately. After a while I considered the fact that on my older devices sometimes I accidentally reduced the ring volume, thinking it was the audio volume.
    So I prefer how works my OnePlus. In my opinion ring volume should not change hourly, but the audio one yes.

8. U1547257246980 Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

U1547257246980, Jan 12, 2019 :
    Today after using my 6T for about a month and a half now, my phone somehow turned it's ringer on silent! I tried to use the slider buttons and that wouldn't work at all. I have never had the volume buttons on the side ever work for turning the ringer volume up and down. And even though I had to use the slider buttons in the settings area I couldn't ever get the ringer to go to the silent setting. it would only just go to a quieter level which I never did understand. But on to the problem today of it all of a sudden just turning the volume level to silent... I have done literally EVERYTHING to try and fix it. I have even done a full factory reset and it is still on silent!!! I have just gotten off of the phone with T-MOBILE and they're sending me a new phone to replace this one since even a factory reset on it didn't work. LOL It's just a darn good thing that I pay the extra money to have my insurance on it. I certainly wouldn't ever go without insurance on my phone ever again. I have had to use it more times than I can count on many different phones in my account and I shudder to think of the money I would have had to spend on phones without it! I sure hope that my new 6T doesn't have the same ring problem! Does anyone else have the problem where you can't get the volume of the ringer to go to silent using the slider buttons but the media and alert ones go to silent without a problem?

9. G_Vijeet_Singh_SgNs Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

i think there must be a option in buttons and gesture column to change what volume up and down button you prefer to do.. either ring volume or audio volume

10. U1547257246980 Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

U1547257246980, Jan 12, 2019 :
    nope, I have been through everything possible... even with customer support. So, I get a new replacement phone. Thank goodness it's for free because I have insurance on it. Thank God I'm smart enough to keep the insurance on every phone I get now since getting burned in the past and having to pay a lot of money for a new phone to replace a defective one!

11. G_Vijeet_Singh_SgNs Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

my phone is working fine .. its a glitch in software

12. Neddard KitKat Jan 12, 2019

Neddard, Jan 12, 2019 :
    This is the way *Google* has designed Android P (and possibly O before it, too). It's not OnePlus or OOS that's doing this.

You could raise a complaint on Google's Android forum, but I seriously doubt they're going to change back.

Shiz Strada and Russel Fernandes like this.
  13. eliamarisio Froyo Jan 12, 2019

eliamarisio, Jan 12, 2019 :
    Never listen to this problem before.

14. Shiz Strada Gingerbread Jan 12, 2019

Shiz Strada, Jan 12, 2019 :

^ This !

Google (android manufacturer :p ) made is do that since android 9.0 (Pie) volume button will only affect MEDIA volume.

So its not an Oneplus issue. If u hate it, go to the google forums and give them crap :D