Ringtones

1. OnePositiveDude
    Donut May 2, 2020

OnePositiveDude , May 2, 2020 :
    I have a few MP3 I like to use for ringtones and notifications. I download them to the phone and no matter which folder I put them in I cannot get them to show up as available under settings>sound>phone ringtone. They aren't under the internal storage sections or the main section.

How do I get it to recognize the new file? I know I've put them in the same folder as other currently available ringtones but they don't show up.

I feel like in Previous Oxygen OS file manager I could just long press and say "Use As Ringtone"

Please help, I'm feeling like I'm stupid or completely missing something obvious.

2. OnePositiveDude
    Donut May 3, 2020

3. Dsquared1955
    Gingerbread May 4, 2020

Dsquared1955 , May 4, 2020 :
    I have the OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren 5G, and I have ringtones for family, work associates, etc. I downloaded the MP3 files to internal storage, then assigned the ringtones through contacts. Tedious, but works perfectly. May be your answer.

4. OnePositiveDude
    Donut May 4, 2020

OnePositiveDude , May 4, 2020 :
    That is exactly what I'm trying to do. I had this feature on the 6t but on the new 8 when I try to assign the download MP3 it doesn't show in the file location. Super frustrating, thanks for the response though.

5. OnePositiveDude
    Donut May 4, 2020

OnePositiveDude , May 4, 2020 :
    I just kept messing with this trying different files until it worked. Turns out the problem with My original files was the include a dash or a period which makes Android system not recognize them🤪 turns out it was obv afterall.

6. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread May 5, 2020

Gillysixpence , May 5, 2020 :
    Glad you fixed it, persistence pays off doesn't it.

7. samay kasliwal
    Eclair Aug 16, 2020

samay kasliwal , Aug 16, 2020 :
    again got frustrated with OnePlus 8, I can not set ringtone of my choice. I downloaded a ringtone online, and now I can not set it as a ringtone... can someone help me. this is so irritating.

8. jayantak
    Donut Aug 16, 2020

Sheppards likes this.
  9. jayantak
    Donut Aug 16, 2020

Attached Files:

10. samay kasliwal
    Eclair Aug 17, 2020

samay kasliwal , Aug 17, 2020 :
    I am not even able to get that ringtone copied n pasted in the ringtone folder. I downloaded vlc as well, in that I am getting the option to set as ringtone, but even that's not working

11. jayantak
    Donut Aug 17, 2020

12. Anirudh R 007
    Donut Aug 17, 2020

Anirudh R 007 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 17, 2020 :
    paste it in the downloads folder

13. samay kasliwal
    Eclair Aug 17, 2020

samay kasliwal , Aug 17, 2020 :
    when I downloaded the ringtone from an online portal, it automatically got saved in the download folder. now how to paste it in the same folder?

SAMSUNGCAMERA1SAPOS likes this.
  14. SAMSUNGCAMERA1SAPOS
    Eclair Oct 24, 2020

SAMSUNGCAMERA1SAPOS , Oct 24, 2020 :
    Sorry but why does OnePlus OS appear to be so dumb when it comes to this? The stupid All Apps choice when picking ringtones pulls every damned mp3 on the phone and the "Short" list pulls Random mp3s from numerous folders. Both of which: dumb!
    One Plus: What are you doing? Please Have the OS pull ringtones from Ringtones folder and notification sounds from the Notifications folders! HELLO! Just like all other Android phones.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020

15. SAMSUNGCAMERA1SAPOS , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 25, 2020 :
    I'm still trying to work on this. What kills me is this:. It's so RANDOM!!! I can't make heads or tails of where they're puling the sound files from. It's crazy!! Some are from the Notifications or Ringtones folders at the root level of my 8 Pro. But after those it looks like it goes to the top of my Music folder and starts pulling in those songs, in alphabetical order.

The Short option gives maybe 80 or so files. The All Apps I think includes (among other files) all of my 10,000 music mp3s on the phone.

Help set me straight, everyone. Tell me what I'm doing wrong. There's no way OnePlus would be so random with this, is there??

17. Chaks_IN
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2020

Chaks_IN , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 26, 2020 :
    I think the issue is with the file format. I just downloaded mp3 songs from the net, unzipped it to downloads folder using .rar and then all the songs are visible in the ringtone section, sounds & vibration>phone ringtone>sim1>ringtone from internal storage. If you are downloading from any app like gaana or Amazon music the file format is different and it will not show as mp3 songs in the system. There are no issues if the file format is right. Actually, it pulls all mp3, m4a, opus formats from all folders. No need to copy to specific folders at all. File format is the priority here.