RMA? Or am I being too picky?

1. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean May 22, 2019

AbandonedTrolley , May 22, 2019 :
    Picked up my OP7P yesterday in Nebula Blue, went straight in to the case they supply, took it out this morning just to show someone and noticed that on the top left corner there is the smallest (probably 0.5mm) dot of paint missing from the metal frame. Do you think this would qualify for an RMA on quality or do you think I should just get on with it?

2. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2019

3. vjameta
    Eclair May 22, 2019

vjameta , May 22, 2019 :
    Had a similar issue with Op5. Decided to continue rather than wait for a week or 2 of RMA.

4. streetkilln
    Gingerbread May 23, 2019

Κρόνoς (Kronos) likes this.
  5. meatandy
    Oreo May 23, 2019

meatandy , May 23, 2019 :
    Ultimately that's something you will have to live with.

Can you post a picture of the spot ?

6. profdrdenis
    Eclair May 23, 2019

profdrdenis , May 23, 2019 :
    Nobody knows you can stay with this or not.

Think first:
    You use your time for start the RMA process, wait maybe 2-3 weeks and stay without your mobile. The other side of the coin is a 0.5mm problem... o_O

7. streetkilln
    Gingerbread May 23, 2019

streetkilln , May 23, 2019 :
    i remember rma my oneplus 5, took like a week to get a new one in. wasnt a big deal for me but rma process for a minor issue isnt worth it .

8. jurschel
    Gingerbread May 23, 2019

jurschel , May 23, 2019 :
    I would say consider yourself lucky your phone isn't bootlooping and move on.

9. insomnia77
    Froyo May 23, 2019

insomnia77 , May 23, 2019 :
    You paid a lot of money for this phone. It sounds like a defect in the finish so if your not happy, RMA it. On the other hand if everything else perfect you could get one that's worse. I would hope oneplus has good quality control and this was just bad luck

10. jurschel
    Gingerbread May 23, 2019

jurschel , May 23, 2019 :
    No point in hoping at this point it's pretty well proven their QA on this run of phones is lacking and we're only a week in. Browse the forums for all the problems popping up...

11. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator May 23, 2019

camohan , May 23, 2019 :
    Can you share the pictures?

superplus likes this.
  12. The1Lion
    Marshmallow May 23, 2019

The1Lion , May 23, 2019 :
    I guess I'd return it because I'd be concerned about it becoming a "larger" blotch overtime. If it was a car missing some paint, would you not take it back to the dealership to get it remedy? Same concept here IMO.

13. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator May 23, 2019

Limeybastard likes this.
  14. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2019

AbandonedTrolley , May 23, 2019 :
    Contacted support they offered a £10 voucher to keep the phone. Told them if they could make it a case that covers it then I would accept that, which they agreed to, annoying but a compromise and means I won't be without the phone I guess.

Last edited: May 23, 2019

Limeybastard likes this.
  15. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 23, 2019

superplus , May 23, 2019 :
    If you are okay with that, and they're giving you a voucher for a free case, I'd personally make sure it has free shipping on it too or that they send the case of your choice to you directly, so you don't have to incur extra shipping costs.

Personally I'd RMA, even if it's a pain being without the phone for a while (especially if you have nothing to fall back on). Given your title I was expecting much less of an eyesore, I'm not usually picky, but would def be a bit miffed about something like that myself in this case.

I know it's early days, but it also depends on what you're planning on doing with the device when you want to move on to a new(er) device at some point down the line (sell it, give it to a friend/family member, ...), since something like this could affect resale value as well I imagine.

camohan and Cheetosdust like this.