RMA/WARRANTY PROCESS- Defective Screen

1. Wah007
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2014

ceb1121 likes this.
  2. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

oneeyedhobbit , Sep 19, 2014 :
    Yeah. As I mentioned, my phone has been problem free (knock on wood) so far, but if I had done my research and seen what a crapshoot the device quality could be and how abysmal their customer service is, I think I would have just ordered a Moto X or Nexus 5. Here's hoping the company can figure out how to handle QC/customer service down the road =(.

ceb1121 likes this.
  3. Deactivated User
    Sep 19, 2014

xbenbox likes this.
  4. ciniapeqb
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2014

ceb1121 likes this.
  5. Wah007
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2014

6. ceb1121
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

ceb1121 , Sep 19, 2014 :
    How would I go about doing that?

7. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 19, 2014 :
    You could start a paypal claim to speed up response from Oneplus. It's been proven that Paypal claims speed up response time. Do not close claim until you have a new working unit.

8. Wah007
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2014

Wah007 , Sep 19, 2014 :
    Sorry, I was thinking that you were in the UK. I've noticed that you are in the US.

9. pranavbhatkhande
    Froyo Sep 19, 2014

pranavbhatkhande , Sep 19, 2014 :
    For most of us, this issue is pretty bad, it comes down to the value of your time. Lets hope OP improve their customer service. A nexus or moto x isn't that much costlier when you factor in all the frustration and loss of valuable time/money that will happen if OPO goes bad.

10. ceb1121
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

ceb1121 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    BUMP!!

So its been two days since I've asked for reconsideration of paying for repairs for a free warranty replacement instead and I have not heard back from OPO RMA Customer Service. I have tried emailing again today and will update you guys once I get some sort of feedback.

11. ceb1121
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

ceb1121 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    No water and never dropped this phone. Click the links, its very clear I have taken care of this phone.

12. ceb1121
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

ceb1121 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    2 days since my last communication with opo customer service...no reply or signs of help coming

13. BigBeanBurrito
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

BigBeanBurrito , Sep 22, 2014 :
    If you are within the 45 days of purchase and you paid with PayPal I will strongly advice to start a claim with PayPal.

I think that one of the root causes for the horrible customer service stories that I have seen posted on the forums is the language barrier. I really think that whoever is putting the customer service team together on Oneplus has to stop hiring people that don't know english. They are using translating tools and a lot is being lost in the translation.

I know they started hiring some new people but those new hires that do know the english language seem to be only supporting the support trouble tickets. Once the ticket is elevated to RMA it seems that they are only being handled by non English speakers.

14. ceb1121
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

ceb1121 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    No I'm not within the 45 days anymore. I have filed a claim with PayPal but they won't step in anymore for support beyond 45 days. Its a shame in my case how opo is not living up to their promise of delivering a great customer smartphone experience. I hope this thread can serve as a warning to the type of service to expect if somethingoes wrong.

15. BigBeanBurrito
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

BigBeanBurrito , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Your other option is your credit card. If you paid with your credit card through PayPal make a claim with your card. Before making the claim check your cards 's benefits.

American express, visa, and master card have consumer protections and extended warranties. Just give them a call and tell them that the manufacturer thosen't want to honor the warranty and they will probably give you your money back. You might have to send the phone to the credit card company and have to pay for that shipping.

superchinook, copernicu22 and ceb1121 like this.
  16. ceb1121
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2014

ceb1121 , Sep 26, 2014 :
    Its been over a week with no communication from this company. I have called my credit card company and have opened a dispute with opo....I really liked and enjoyed everything about this phone besides the screen going bad on me. its sucks to be let down by them.

copernicu22 likes this.
  17. copernicu22
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2014

copernicu22 , Sep 29, 2014 :
    Hi, any positive news on this issue since? I really hope u'll get the better end the deal, soon. (I couldn't find this thread earlier to follow this up, without login in, almost sure its locked up, n today bam - found it again when log in); any suggestions fr the redit thread?

18. copernicu22
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2014

copernicu22 , Sep 29, 2014 :
    U could also possibly shoot the email complaint copy to David (whilst your bank 'sorting out' this mess - I saw someone with this sort of issues (back n forth/cs non reply over his device problem) asked them during redit ama recently (2 earlier ama; although they avoided a straight reply during today's ama) , n David (devildv)/Carl(carpe02) asked to forward the email copy to him. (What happens then on I have no idea tho).

19. superchinook
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2014

superchinook , Sep 29, 2014 :
    I've seen this time and time again where there was another owner with screen issue and being asked for repair costs. There was also the infamous DOA unit where support was stating that they check every device before sending it out & hinting that the owner was to blame and instead turning it around & asking about what happened. He had to whole thing documented though and luckily he had it going with PayPal who ruled in his favor. I would not hold your breath on waiting for One Plus.

Contact your Credit Card company for refund and just send the crappy unit back. Not sure if you want to tempt fate and repurchase if you every come across another invite, but I'd wanna just take the money & run....that's just my opinion anyways :p

p.s. if you do want to repurchase, check the tech support part of the forum....there is much more than just multi-touch and the bands on screens like volume, signal strength, etc, that makes the potential much worse. A buddy of mine I think had the yellow band, touch issues, plus crappy signal strength.

And to those stating there are solutions/work-arounds, thank you for your hard work...love a thriving community like this. But it's just that I wish I see One Plus doing the heavy lifting for a change :(

ceb1121 and ma1121 like this.
  20. TechSavvy_phone
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2014

TechSavvy_phone , Sep 29, 2014 :
    @ceb1121 Sorry man you have to go through this. Also, one thing which is strange is that, why is these moderators/administrators never say a single word when such thing happens .....I am sure they must see this thread....Should they not guide people appropriately?

ceb1121 likes this.