Roaming problem via OnePlus Nord

1. Micha8888
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

Micha8888 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 15, 2020 :
    This is a problem that I had my last vacation.

When I am in other countries and I try to use roaming it shows that I have connection but the 4g logo doesn't appear. I've checked the APN but that is fine and the roaming is also powered on. It works fine on my other phone (s9) when I change sim.

As soon that I crossed the border of my home country the 4g worked fine again.

I personally think that it is a problem with the roaming function on the OnePlus Nord because if I try to browser with the Google app it says I need to power my roaming on. If I touch the button I can see that the roaming is already powered on.

Hope it gets fixed in a future update because this is really frustrating!

2. robbie mcfarlane
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

robbie mcfarlane , Aug 15, 2020 :
    I'm currently in the USA with my UK sourced NORD roaming. I have two sim cards in the handset, both are able to connect to roaming partners of my sim providers, data (including 4G) is working fine, SMS are flowing... but cannot make or receive any phone calls!

I'm currently on the phone to support via Skype with my laptop but seems there is a pretty solid glitch with handling of roaming.

I'll just add; I'm airline crew and roam all the time. There are no issues with the sim cards, which are from two different providers.

3. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 15, 2020

otto2 , Aug 15, 2020 :
    Just a question-you are not able to send or receive phone calls when you re outside of your provider s own network? This is weird, because phone calls should work by standard, APN settings are only relevant for DATA connection issues. I d recommend to contact Oneplus support as fast as possible, feel free to file a bugreport at https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/
    Or , even better, file a bugreport with the community app.

4. robbie mcfarlane
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

robbie mcfarlane , Aug 15, 2020 :
    Exactly that. Phone calls hang on the dialler with "calling via ..." and after 30s I get the 'boop' sound and it gives up. SMS and data are working fine.

I totally stumped the guy in tech support, so they have asked for system logs.

I'll do the above and report via the community app.

(btw Sim cards are fine, last week they were residing in my OP3T and working fine when I was in California)