Roccat Syva Earphones

1. ace9988
    Froyo Jan 7, 2015

ace9988 , Jan 7, 2015 :
    I bought the Roccat Syva Earphones for my Oneplus One. For those who can't be bothered to read any further, they work well with the phone, including the mic. Now bugger off and buy them

Now...usually Roccat do gaming headsets but these have the earphones form factor and Roccat seems to have thought about it like everyday individuals rather than labcoat nerds who don't have much idea about the abuse earphones go through on a day to day basis.

Firstly the phsyical side of things. The cable is flat -- stops all the tangling mess we end up with. It's quite a sturdy feeling cable, the only comparison I have is the old HTC "beats" headset that I got with my One X. They feel nice and they are moulded into the jack and each earphone pretty securely so you're not going to tear it away in a hurry. Roccat has gone for their usual colour scheme of electric blue with black, giving these a very Tron-esque type look. Microphone unit looks a bit of an afterthought, just a block with one big button on it but hey what else do you need. Earphones come with different bud sizes for all ear types.

Now....Sound quality. For comparison I have a pair of audio technica ath-m50, which I believe are the best overall headphones out there right now. Sound quality is really good on most digital sound formats. I haven't tried FLAC but on normal everyday Spotify, Youtube, Google Music etc the sound quality and frequency response is excellent. Made a call to my friend and he was amazed at how clear these earphones were compared to my old HTC "beats" earphones, and the range was pretty good too. Noise isolation is pretty good as well. I had a thunderstorm going on in the background while listening to music on these and the only evidence of that was the flashes of light and slight vibrations.

Pictures for all those interested.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015

arof and gusuraman like this.
  2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Jan 7, 2015

gusuraman , Jan 7, 2015 :
    I love this brand. But for some reason I never bought anything from them. :rolleyes:

Nice review :)

3. nikunjchugh
    Honeycomb Jan 7, 2015