[ROM] [6.0.1] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13

1. matssa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2016

matssa , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Next build is going to have a lot of modification, a lot of commits have been merged :D can't wait!

2. Grarak
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jul 3, 2016

NaterTots, Wahoux, Vector and 2 others like this.
  3. G_Aidan_Woolley_EpNG
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

G_Aidan_Woolley_EpNG , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Is there a specific location to post feature requests, or is here OK? Because apparently without an sRGB mode the OP3 screen is awful. Also, is Grarak's linked recovery a version of TWRP, or the CM recovery, or something else?

4. PCesar.Cercal
    KitKat Jul 3, 2016

PCesar.Cercal , Jul 3, 2016 :
    We have some CM firmware for OP3 ?

5. stooyleown
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2016

stooyleown , Jul 4, 2016 :
    What is your question? You quoted a post about cm for the op3.

6. GreaseMonkey
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2016

GreaseMonkey , Jul 4, 2016 :
    How do I change to f2fs, TWRP can't handle this. Do I need another recovery flashed?

Awesome work on the commits, thanks to the developers for moving fast.

Cheers

7. PCesar.Cercal
    KitKat Jul 4, 2016

PCesar.Cercal , Jul 4, 2016 :
    Yes this is a OP3 post, right?
    My question is, do I need to flash same firmware before put this cm13 nightly in my OP3?

8. truewt
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2016

9. Coldbird
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2016

10. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jul 5, 2016

stephenboyo , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Says who? That's not so, the screen is actually very bright and sRGB adjustments made in Oxygen 3.2.0 isn't particularly useful. People have a problem with how auto brightness works but otherwise the screen is very bright and sharp.

11. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Jul 5, 2016

12. Coldbird
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2016

Coldbird , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Good to see you mingle with the rest of us Carl. Can't go wrong too much with CM13.

Any news on the notification issue that OOS suffers from yet?

13. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Jul 5, 2016

G_Rohan_Patre_hiZT and Mydealz like this.
  14. matssa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 5, 2016

matssa , Jul 5, 2016 :
    You should test it out, works well even though a port of the OOS camera would be perfect, specially for the app and the quality :)

15. Martijn_Goossens
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

16. Coldbird
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2016

Coldbird , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I got a little gift for you @Grarak.
    Here's the firmware sourcecode / blob required to get the OP3 dash / vooc charging on the public oss kernel.

http://pastebin.com/8m8W7Vmm

I've dumped and verified the firmware myself from the latest 3.2.0 stock OOS kernel.
    This firmware, combined with the Find 7 (or R7+) fastcharge firmware loader driver, should be enough to enable the full electric current to reach the charging circuit.

In case you need a direct link... here are both firmware loaders (you can pick either really... but from what I've logged in the OOS kernel, it seems the OP3 is using the older Find 7 based firmware loader).

Find 7 VOOC Firmware Loader: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_oppo_msm8974/tree/cm-13.0/drivers/power/oppo
    R7+ VOOC Firmware Loader: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_oppo_msm8939/tree/cm-13.0/drivers/power/oppo

If you need further information, or just want to get in touch, you can reach me on Hangouts @ gentleman.trilby@gmail.com.

I'm posting this public here as you have disabled PMs on both this and the XDA forums.

PS. If you wish to verify the firmware yourself (or simply don't trust me), you can find the firmware in the fully unpacked 3.2.0 OOS kernel at the following offset: 0x010B09F8 (file-offset, not ram offset)

Greetings, Coldbird

17. notcyf
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

notcyf , Jul 5, 2016 :
    This is probably gonna be a pain to integrate, if it works at all, due to the fact that dash charging probably isn't binary-exact(no pun intended) to VOOC. I'd say wait for official DASH blobs.

18. Coldbird
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2016

Coldbird , Jul 5, 2016 :
    You are right they aren't.
    But that is the dash blob.

The firmware loading process is identical though.

19. notcyf
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

notcyf , Jul 5, 2016 :
    :O but is this official? I thought OnePlus was gonna release the Dash binary blob officially. This just seems like an unofficial dump. Wouldn't wanna risk blowing up my battery. Or is this confirmed to be working properly?

20. Coldbird
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2016

Coldbird , Jul 5, 2016 :
    This is the exact same dash firmware everyone has been using inside OOS this whole time.