[ROM][7.1.2_r4][EAS] Phoenix AEX ROM V4.1[PocketJudge/OMS/DUI][OP3/3T]

1. elanglois
    Lollipop Aug 12, 2017

elanglois , Aug 12, 2017 :
    Both Vertex and PAEX have an OTA updater. You will need to install your own gapps for legal reasons. I recommend Beans Gapps

Dhiren Velari and peaky blinders like this.
  2. G_JZ_Chan_OfOd
    Eclair Aug 13, 2017

G_JZ_Chan_OfOd , Aug 13, 2017 :
    I see. Waze works fine on PAEX, and it's AOSP based, perhaps it's not Waze issue, not sure about it.

Anyway Sir, any issues you ran into on Vertex?

3. G_JZ_Chan_OfOd
    Eclair Aug 13, 2017

G_JZ_Chan_OfOd , Aug 13, 2017 :
    Also the news of 3 and 3T will receive up to Android O support is not so encouraging. Good thing is they finally declare it in clear statement. Bad is, by the time Android P is launching, probably that's end of 2018 or early 2019. 3 and 3T is a lil over 2 years old and support is discontinued except for security patches. Sigh.

4. elanglois
    Lollipop Aug 13, 2017

elanglois , Aug 13, 2017 :
    3.3 had some little hiccups when hitting the capacitive buttons ... some minor error was spanning the log so hard it would freeze the phone for a couple moments. It was rare, but once it started it wouldn't start acting right for a couple minutes. After that, it would be smooth as butter again and may not act up for hours.

So far 3.4 doesn't seem to have that issue or any other. Just tested Waze, and it seemed to fail saying there was no GPS. Opening Google Maps resulted in an instant location. Closing Google Maps and returning to Waze seems to let Waze function. Closing Waze and restarting it works fine. Looks like I just had to "prime the pump", something maybe other ROMs do at boot or something. Google Maps will do it.

Everything is good except no RAW support in OOS camera, but Google camera (including HDR+) works fine, and I prefer Sultan's SnapDragon camera to OOS. Can't think of any other issues.

Dhiren Velari and Millig like this.
  5. Millig
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2017

Millig , Aug 13, 2017 :
    I'm experiencing lag on Google app after a while on Vertex. Reinstalling Google app solves the issue but it come back after a couple of days. I need to use pico or nano open Gapps to be able to uninstall Google app to solve the issue.
    It's the only little bug that I have on Vertex with the Waze bug (it has been reported a couple of times to the Dev but I don't know if he is working on it)

6. peaky blinders
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2017

peaky blinders , Aug 13, 2017 :
    So can freedom OS be downloaded then install from recovery over oxygen is without unlocking bootloader etc

7. elanglois
    Lollipop Aug 13, 2017

elanglois , Aug 13, 2017 :
    No. The magic is the signature used to sign the ZIP file. If any contents change, the signature won't be valid anymore. The stock recovery will only flash a ZIP that has been signed by OnePlus. This is what "locked bootloader" is referring to. It ensures that no rogue code is going to install spyware on your device.

Since the guys that put together Freedom OS don't have the OnePlus signing key, you'll need an unlocked bootloader. However, it's still just OOS at it's heart, so there is no need to wipe your data if you switch. Then again, there is no reason to switch. Freedom OS can be set to not install root or other extras, and you can elect not to remove any bloatware, and then you get pure OOS. It's just OOS plus an installer/deinstaller with a bunch of stuff in the ZIP that could install separately

peaky blinders likes this.
  8. peaky blinders
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2017

peaky blinders , Aug 13, 2017 :
    Thanks for that information

9. G_Omairov_Mohammad_grMl
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2017

10. elanglois
    Lollipop Aug 23, 2017

elanglois , Aug 23, 2017 :
    Phoenix is now dead and a new one is out by the same author. Not sure which is best yet

11. G_Omairov_Mohammad_grMl
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2017

G_Omairov_Mohammad_grMl , Aug 23, 2017 :
    Can you name the new ROM ?

12. elanglois
    Lollipop Aug 23, 2017

13. The_Rock90
    Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2017

14. elanglois
    Lollipop Aug 25, 2017

elanglois , Aug 25, 2017 :
    I don't know. I've never had a problem with the fingerprint scanner on any ROM I've tried.