[ROM] LineageOS | OnePlus 5T [18.1][Android 11][OFFICIAL]

1. Zepperoni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2018

Zepperoni , Feb 28, 2018 :
    LineageOS 18.1 | OnePlus 5T

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

WARNING!!! Rooting, installing Custom ROMs and Custom Recoveries carries the potential to brick your device if done incorrectly. If you intend to perform any of these, you do so at your own risk. Please be careful when flashing firmware, always have adequate battery charge before starting, follow instructions, and never unplug or turn off your device while flashing. If you have never done anything of the sort, please read through and understand all instruction before doing anything.

Wiki:
    Installation:
    • Read the official Wiki Installation Guide
    • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
    • Flash Lineage Recovery via Fastboot
    • Push the Lineage 18.1 and the MindTheGapps (ARM64) zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash LineageOS 18.1
    • Flash MindTheGapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads:
    XDA Thread: [ROM][dumpling][10.0.X] LineageOS 17.1 (Q) for Oneplus 5T

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021

naeem.63, G_plusone, Ash645 and 8 others like this.
  2. LeFred
    Eclair Mar 3, 2018

LeFred , Mar 3, 2018 :
    Thanks for the post.
    Do you have a link for known issue ?
    SU Root addon (ARM64) link provide only version 13 and 14.1. The last one works with version 15.1 ?

Lemuel L and the_reckoner like this.
  3. kushalpandya
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2018

4. LeFred
    Eclair Mar 4, 2018

5. etecka
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2018

6. JayBl8de
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2018

JayBl8de , Mar 5, 2018 :
    Can anyone confirm that SEQR is supported for nfc payments? Usually all kinds of banking and payment apps are blocked for rooted devices...

7. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Mar 5, 2018

Lancelot_69 , Mar 5, 2018 :
    If you root with magisk it has the option to hide root.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018

8. LeFred
    Eclair Mar 5, 2018

LeFred , Mar 5, 2018 :
    Installed yesterday, I'm really surprised for the stability and the autonomy.
    Currently I found no issue, near all settings available in 14.1 on my oneplus one are already in this first nightly.
    I recommand

giddie and BeingIncog like this.
  9. giddie
    Donut Mar 6, 2018

giddie , Mar 6, 2018 :
    How's the camera looking? That's what I'm most nervous about: can it use the secondary camera in low light? And can it handle 1080p @ 60fps as the OxygenOS camera does?

Deactivated User likes this.
  10. Two
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2018

Two , Mar 7, 2018 :
    I'll install it right now, but the MicroG build, not official build. I cannot accept Google Play Services battery usage in OxygenOS (25% last time... Come on!) Hope everything is working.

11. tb77
    Gingerbread Mar 7, 2018

12. Two
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2018

Two , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Installed the 2018-03-06 MicroG build of LineageOS 15.1 on my OP5T, first time I flashed it I got a weird bootloop to recovery but second time it booted :)

I made a backup of the original OxygenOS camera APK and installed it on LineageOS 15.1. It seems that the portrait feature is missing but everything else seems to work.

I tried to install the OxygenOS FaceUnlock APK but it does not appear in the screen unlock settings, it must be hardcoded in OxygenOS settings menu.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018

13. Two
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2018

Two , Mar 8, 2018 :
    It must be noted that as of today the Protected Apps feature is no longer present in LineageOS 15.1 (it will eventually come back when ready). I miss this feature a lot.

14. Two
    Honeycomb Mar 9, 2018

Two , Mar 9, 2018 :
    I've got a big issue with Lineageos. I've got headphones with integrated microphone, and as soon as I listen to some music with the headphones plugged in, I also hear ALL the microphones, with all the music apps. This makes listening to music rather unpleasant, especially in a train or metro.

I've tried various mic block apps but none are working.

Please fix!

Edit: Seems like it will be fixed in the next nightly, as I understand it, it was an issue with noise cancelling not being deactivated for media use.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018

15. Ash645
    KitKat Mar 9, 2018

16. s011062
    Cupcake Mar 17, 2018

s011062 , Mar 17, 2018 :
    Can I flash back to stock with OTA update coz I wanna try the lineage OS . will this ruin my warranty if I unlock oem as I just bought few weeks ago ?

17. giddie
    Donut Mar 19, 2018

giddie , Mar 19, 2018 :
    Yes, you can flash back to the stock Oneplus-provided ROM, and you can re-lock your bootloader afterwards if you want to go completely back to normal. This is a manual process, and your data will get wiped in the process. If you install LineageOS, OTA will only give you Lineage updates until you manually flash back to the stock ROM. I don't think any of this will void your warranty, but obviously you won't get support from Oneplus for custom ROMs.

etecka likes this.
  18. Zepperoni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2021