[ROM] LineageOS | OnePlus 8 Pro [18.1][Android 11][OFFICIAL]

1. Zepperoni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2021

Zepperoni , Apr 3, 2021 :
    LineageOS 18.1 | OnePlus 8 Pro

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

WARNING!!! Rooting, installing Custom ROMs and Custom Recoveries carries the potential to brick your device if done incorrectly. If you intend to perform any of these, you do so at your own risk. Please be careful when flashing firmware, always have adequate battery charge before starting, follow instructions, and never unplug or turn off your device while flashing. If you have never done anything of the sort, please read through and understand all instruction before doing anything.

Wiki:
    Installation:
    • Read the official Wiki page
    • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
    • Flash Lineage Recovery via Fastboot
    • Push MindTheGapps (ARM64) and the Lineage 18.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash LineageOS 18.1
    • Flash MindTheGapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads:
    Changelog: https://download.lineageos.org/instantnoodlep/changes
    Official XDA Thread: [ROM][OFFICIAL][instantnoodlep][11] LineageOS 18.1

2. ORRINER
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2021

3. HeadphonesNeil
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

HeadphonesNeil , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Love it! I was able to successfully flash the ROM and gapps, and most items work well however I want to return to stock...are there instructions on doing so? Or can I flash the stock ROM via LineageOS recovery then relock the bootloader once done?

4. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 12, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Wipe the System, Data, Cache partitions and flash the stock rom (or any other rom).

DON'T RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER UNLESS YOU RETURN EVERYTHING BACK TO STOCK, INCLUDING THE RECOVERY ITSELF.

HeadphonesNeil and Praty_28 like this.
  5. HeadphonesNeil
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

can i flash the ROM via adb in LineageOS Recovery?

6. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 12, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Yes, you can.

HeadphonesNeil likes this.
  7. HeadphonesNeil
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

sorry to keep bugging..tried 'adb sideload filename.zip' in LineageOS with the latest stock ROM and it told me failed to read command...it feels like i'm missing something in the command but any thoughts?

8. B1615491290263
    Donut Apr 12, 2021