[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.3] ColorOS V.2.0.0_Beta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kojaraty
    Froyo Aug 10, 2014

kojaraty , Aug 10, 2014 :
    You can use Xposed for customizing any rom to whatever you like without changing the rom itself

2. ghettopops
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

3. Jcan78
    Donut Aug 10, 2014

Jcan78 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I seldomly post in this forum but this caught my attention. Your point is a very stupid one. The more development there is for this phone, the better it is for all of us. Even if its not a daily driver, Its great to try something new every now and then. Diversity is what make you grow... not being closed minded! Relax, let people try new things... Don't criticize just to criticize. You don't have to try the Rom.

ShermCraig likes this.
  4. tejpal
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2014

tejpal , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I have color os but i need the google aap.How can we install Google apps one the color os?

5. zztop007
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

zztop007 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Please stop pester this thread with your pointless trolling. We are very aware of your opinion, but grow up g0d damn.

ShermCraig and EnkiduZ like this.
  6. zztop007
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

zztop007 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    You have to.

Fastboot boot to cwm
    Flash gapps (Android 4.3)
    Profit

7. loryman
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2014

8. Ng Eddie
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

Ng Eddie , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Your instructions seem to have miss some steps. Window Xp says wrong command and insist on new driver. Follow all your step but can't do anything. Thanks. Is there anywhere that I can get step by step on how to do it?

9. lukesan
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

lukesan , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Working here since I rely on it 99% of the time. Also see the Chinese sats like the latest cm11s build

I am talking in general. Seems weird that you take this very personal it seems. Not everyone addresses you personally here, which you seem to be thinking. Small update .. there are loads of people on this planet, all have their personal opinion.
    I'm 44 years old now and if I would ask everyone's opinion for 1 thing I would be dead before I can ask a next question.
    If you are here to give comments, come with proof and not some speculation.

Now relax, enjoy your music, enjoy your car (if you have one) and leave the rest who try this rom and have questions about it alone.

And before some people think I have stock options in this rom, no not at all. I like to help people in a positive way. Sharing is caring!

ShermCraig, Bilhouse and zztop007 like this.
  10. sahilkhurana
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

sahilkhurana , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Tried to read all the pages but i don't think screen calibration has been discussed. I guess it is colder than CM ? What about yellow band at bottom. Does the calibration make it more prominent or improves things ?

lukesan likes this.
  11. lukesan
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

lukesan , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Yup it is 'colder' but that can also be fixed in CM11s by installing Franco's kernel. The yellow band will stay the same I think.

sahilkhurana likes this.
  12. sahilkhurana
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

Well I am in a dilemma of sorts. I was tired of rooting my phone and running different CM nightlies which would have unpredictable behaviour at times. I bought this phone to address that and I guess it ain't gonna change.
    Rooting and Custom ROMs/Kernels are still required.

13. abhishekverma
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

abhishekverma , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I love my CM11S.. not looking to change it anytime soon... have my nexus to try the other ROMs though :)

14. lukesan
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

lukesan , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Sounds familiar, except that I like playing around and that it still works.
    I have no issues with being rooted and twrp'ed. At least it gives me the freedom of backing my phone up which is something which should be there any way. Our IOS friends would call it time machine.
    I haven't seen to many bugs in this OS, and the ones I've have been my own mistakes or 1 that was easy to bypass.
    At first I didn't notice the yellow screen since I came from a Nexus 5 which was even more yellow. Wonder why not that many people screamed at Google about this.
    The 'yellow' full screen must indeed be some CM decision since on the latest Franco you can set the RGB values and 255 on all 3 colors (or colours) seem to be 2700-3000 Kelvin or white light to me.

15. EnkiduZ
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2014

EnkiduZ , Aug 10, 2014 :
    This OS is amazing. Replaced the launcher with nova and that's it. Hope ColorOS update to kitkat.

PS. The camera app is unbelievable. Thousands time better.

16. rando191
    Donut Aug 10, 2014

rando191 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Following the instructions on the first post and the system is trying to update to 2.0.4. Does it need to be at 2.0.4 before it can be upgraded to 2.0.8?

Also - this OTA download on the device is taking FOREVER :(

I tried booting to color os recovery to flash the full 2.0.8, but that kept failing. So did the 2.0.4 OTA from the official links page.

17. sahilkhurana
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

Well i tried to calculate HSI ( hue, saturation, intensity) from RGB values floating around but I guess theoretical range and range in CM for HSI are not in sync. I have no complaints about the over-all yellow calibration but Yellow band at the bottom is irritating and would like to make it mild via settings. But i guess its a tough task.

18. Fredenka
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

19. Kokainzz
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2014

Kokainzz , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I guess the one's with root and custom recovery have to do an easy flash zip and that's all right?

20. frewys
    Froyo Aug 10, 2014

frewys , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I love this!! The more options the better!!!
    Probably give this a spin when I get my phone :)