[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.3] ColorOS V.2.0.0_Beta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesan
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

lukesan , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Yup, I have TWRP installed. First made a full backup and copied the backup files, also to my nas.
    Attached is the updater script that you are looking for, some editors mess this one up, so unzip and replace. I use total commander to do this.

You also need other files for the full experience. find7_root.zip for rooting, pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.3-20131024-signed.zip for you Google thingies and I also install UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip via TWRP. Just place those on the internal memory of the phone.

Now just factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache ... which is probably already done but an old habit of mine and then install the rom ... the gapps ... the root and the supersu and let it boot.
    First couple of minutes will be slower since it needs to build up cache etc.
    I advice you to search on XDA for the mod'ed TWRP where you can backup the EFS partitions just in case. Put these on an external source etc since they contain your EMEI number etc.
    In v2.07 there is an option in the first screen to choose English so I advice to take that one unless you want to feel adventurous .

I am not responsible for bricks etc. But I have not had a phone that was not twrp'ed or cwm'ed within the first half hour that I received it.
    So if you don't feel comfy to do it this way, just don't.

Attached Files:

Vector and Jkid like this.
  2. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

Jkid , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Thanks man...I've used 7zip which was advised will try that again see if it works and am using Philz Recovery. And yes will look for the other files on xda. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction ;)

3. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

Jkid , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Ah yes and thanks for the modded script, maybe I botched that up :p

4. jaimeos
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

5. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

Jkid , Aug 6, 2014 :
    It was the script :( ...:D Its finally flashing!!

6. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

jaimeos likes this.
  7. jaimeos
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

jaimeos , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Is it possible to flash gapps with fastboot? I was looking for in google and didn't found it!

8. jaimeos
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

9. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

Jkid , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Recovery's the best option.

10. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

Jkid , Aug 6, 2014 :
    I've got Philz Recovery....am still trying to get mine to ColourOS too ...once I've managed I'll let you know how I got it to work ;)

11. jaimeos
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

jaimeos , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Thank you!
    I did yesterday with TWRP and work good but haven't got otas!

12. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

Jkid , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Follow Lukesan's advise above...it worked for me.

13. Jkid
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Jkid , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Correction....yes it installed but still can't call or use the wifi. EMEI is also gone...luckly I can still restore via my backup via a Rootbox on my pc. I installed all off the above as mentioned. @lukesan any idea's?? I installed the zips you said just all in one go under Recovery, should i have done them all loose from each other?

14. jmhashmi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

gizmo94065 and Vector like this.
  15. Bilhouse
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Bilhouse , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Great to see ColorOS available but you could have at least made this 'official' ROM a bit more international friendly.

For example you could have added preinstalled GAPPS, added more language options and removed all of the Chinese language parts and bloatware. You could have used the Oppo International ROM's as a framework.

I mean what exactly is the difference between this and what people were doing before in the other ColorOS thread?

16. manlisten
    Froyo Aug 7, 2014

manlisten , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I'm just interested in how the camera compares. It seems like the Find 7a takes better photos than the OPO despite having the same camera hardware.

17. Scann69
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Scann69 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    This uses the same camera app as the 7a without the 50mp option. The picture quality is the same as the 7a....which is really good compared to.......

18. Scann69
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Scann69 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    When coming from CM, i wipe system, cache, data and dalvik from within TWRP Recovery. Then flash COS (make sure script has been modified)

19. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member Aug 7, 2014

David S. , Aug 7, 2014 :
    It is not a downgrade, but another ROM to play with. More... iOS style with a pretty decent camera app and some cool... gimmicks (like the gestures) :p

We are ditching ColorOS for China, not CM. ;)

userdata.img for 16GB
    userdata_64G.img for 64GB

No, the proper way to flash ROMs is always through fastboot to have a clean install. We have fastboot files for CM and for ColorOS. You can update to AOSP, PA, PAC, Slim, Omni, etcetera through CM's recovery mode, but not through ColorOS'.

The best way to install the GoogleApps is throught he recovery mode, while on fastboot you can enter "fastboot boot twrp-recovery.img" (or whatever name you have given to twrp-recovery) and the TWRP will boot, without needing to install it.

Installing the ROM properly doesn't void the warranty, if you do things wrong and hard brick it, that is not covered by warranty.

Yes, you can do via recovery (not with the files I shared), but it's not recommended.

mathieuj and Vector like this.
  20. droidtrix
    Froyo Aug 7, 2014